A 380 ?

Robert Stephan

Robert Stephan

Hi ! I know there is a lot to do on the A 320 till it is all bug free and working with now problems. First I hab som minor issues but now its ok for me.

Are you thinking about about a project for an A 380 for FSX/P3D ? I think with a finished A 320 the basics are done, the rest to get the system of the 380 into FSX/P3D should be no big problem ? Till now there is no good addon for this bird in FSX.

Best regards !!

We've got a pretty full roadmap once A320X for P3D is released: A319/321 expansions, plus the sharklet models. Each of these poses different challenges (different performance, flap systems, sharklets introduce new flight computers which will be modelled in their entirety etc). "Never say never", but I think for now it's safe to say it's not on the cards.

• Like 3
Robert Stephan

Ok, thanks for information, I keep fingers crossed maybe sometimes :-) Best wishes for your further challenges

Marcel Semelka
4 hours ago, elgreco111 said:

Hi ! I know there is a lot to do on the A 320 till it is all bug free and working with now problems. First I hab som minor issues but now its ok for me.

Are you thinking about about a project for an A 380 for FSX/P3D ? I think with a finished A 320 the basics are done, the rest to get the system of the 380 into FSX/P3D should be no big problem ? Till now there is no good addon for this bird in FSX.

Best regards !!

Also if you take a closer look into the systems of the A380 they are a bit more different than you think. Just take a look at the cockpit differences, like the MCDU etc.

I can't imagine how many differences are under the hood.

It will be probably less complicated to focus first on the rest of the A320 family and thereafter maybe the A330 or A340 (in my opinion), as they probably share more similarities that the A320 and A380.

Doing the A319, A321 and the Skarklet models is going to be a lot of work, as FlightSimLabs really tries to model every detail possible. Doing a new exteriour and vc model will be probably the easiest task, but getting the performance model, different flight computers and basically everything under the hood right will be the main task. And that will probably take a while, I would say maybe more than a year.

A A330/A340  seems more logical than to do a A380, given the similarities. Ofc there is a lot more going on, under the hood. 

Do you think they will do a NEO variant as part of the expansion? That would be really cool.. 

Alejandro Lopez
On 18/1/2017 at 10:58 AM, Karl Brooker said:

We've got a pretty full roadmap once A320X for P3D is released: A319/321 expansions, plus the sharklet models. Each of these poses different challenges (different performance, flap systems, sharklets introduce new flight computers which will be modelled in their entirety etc). "Never say never", but I think for now it's safe to say it's not on the cards.

Great! I love A32X series. Is possible to know what will be first? Sharklets, A319 or A321?

• 2 weeks later...
Andreas Stangenes

There are already a few a330 and a340 on the market for various sims, but where are the a380. A380 is the flagship of airbus, and deserves a studylevel simulation!

28 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

There are already a few a330 and a340 on the market for various sims, but where are the a380. A380 is the flagship of airbus, and deserves a studylevel simulation!

Yeah but they're often unfinished or aren't 'study level' for example, BBS A330/A340 is unfinished but they're already selling them as part of a 'prologue' series. The're gonna try to achieve FSL level of detail, but I'm doubtful they'll finish the product at all. It's been around for a while. 

Andreas Stangenes

I find it strange that a330 and a340 are usually suggested by simmers as the next project. Why are these seemingly so much more popular than the a380? It doesnt make sense to me. And besides, i guess there is going to be a lot of work involved no matter what project the devs pursue, so personally i hope someone will do a study of the airbus flagship a380. ;)

29 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Why are these seemingly so much more popular than the a380?

Personal preferences aside (I hate A380 and love A340) simply because there is technically so much difference between A320 and A380 that it would have to be a completely new development. You know how many years it took to make the A320X?