PushBack?

Dave Taylor

I have been using the GSX pushback for a while but now i have suffered the failure of hearing the animated voices for the umpteenth time. I have asked for support via the FSDT support but the developer chooses to ignore it, blaming it onto Windows updates. I checked all my sound drivers, and they are up to date.

Can anyone suggest an alternative apart from the 'shift+p' function?

I am using P3Dv5.

Michael Ackermann
10 hours ago, Dave Taylor said:

Can anyone suggest an alternative apart from the 'shift+p' function?

I am using Ultimate Ground Control X (UGCX) with the optional voice control. It's more professional than GSX and works like a charm, I have recorded a short video of it a while ago : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daxv6iAB1TI

Comes with eight voice sets, so besides english of course you can even talk to the pushback crew in German, French, Spanish, etc.   Also it's widely customizable, e.g. you can decide if you want wing walkers or not, and you can choose between four pushback trucks. The "pressurize hydraulic" phrase in the video is entirely optional, of course it usually not needed.

It's currently on sale (50%) at Aerosoft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Michael Ackermann said:

I am using Ultimate Ground Control X (UGCX) with the optional voice control. It's more professional than GSX and works like a charm, I have recorded a short video of it a while ago : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daxv6iAB1TI

I'm also considering to try it. But I noticed in your video the nose wheel staying straight while the plane gets rotated. Is that a UGCX limitation or just some sort of bug in that specific case? With GSX, the nosewheel rotates realistically... 

Michael Ackermann
5 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I'm also considering to try it. But I noticed in your video the nose wheel staying straight while the plane gets rotated. Is that a UGCX limitation or just some sort of bug in that specific case? With GSX, the nosewheel rotates realistically... 

Hm, good question. I must admit, I very rarely look at it in outside view and did not notice it before. So no idea if limitation or bug.

9 minutes ago, Michael Ackermann said:

Hm, good question. I must admit, I very rarely look at it in outside view and did not notice it before. So no idea if limitation or bug.

Hm, yeah... I think that's just UGCX. IMO the pushback itself looks a bit strange. It's turning the plane very sharply 90deg (instead of pushing it in a slight curve) and the wheels are also not turning, as the nose wheel axis. I guess it's using a different technology than GSX to move the plane. 

Michael Ackermann
12 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I guess it's using a different technology than GSX to move the plane. 

Yeah, probably.

Did you notice the pushback guy showing you the pin at the end, it's very nicely animated. For me these important details are the strenght of UGCX.

1 minute ago, Michael Ackermann said:

Yeah, probably.

Did you notice the pushback guy showing you the pin at the end, it's very nicely animated. For me these important details are the strenght of UGCX.

Oh yeah, those are amazing and the main reason I‘m considering a switch to UGCX. And I guess I can hardly resist any 50% offer :D 

Tom van der Elst
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Oh yeah, those are amazing and the main reason I‘m considering a switch to UGCX. And I guess I can hardly resist any 50% offer :D 

If you pay 23 euro's more at the FS2crew webbsite you get a pass for all fsx/p3d products.

That's also a nice promotion ;)

3 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

If you pay 23 euro's more at the FS2crew webbsite you get a pass for all fsx/p3d products.

That's also a nice promotion ;)

Indeed, but for someone like me who‘s sticking to the FSL and already owns FS2C for it, I‘d purchase a lot of products I will never use….

• Haha 1
Tom van der Elst
4 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Indeed, but for someone like me who‘s sticking to the FSL and already owns FS2C for it, I‘d purchase a lot of products I will never use….

Hah, I know thát problem :D

5 hours ago, Michael Ackermann said:

Comes with eight voice sets, so besides english of course you can even talk to the pushback crew in German, French, Spanish, etc.   Also it's widely customizable, e.g. you can decide if you want wing walkers or not, and you can choose between four pushback trucks. The "pressurize hydraulic" phrase in the video is entirely optional, of course it usually not needed.

It's currently on sale (50%) at Aerosoft.

Just joined you Michael, and thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Okay, I‘m in too. Still trying to figure out the correct/realistic settings for the FSLs. Are there any recommendations?  Edit: got it :)

Oh dear, what have we started? lolol

• Haha 1
On 9/3/2021 at 11:17 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

Dave

Check the GSX sound options in our MCDU.

Would you have a path for me plz?