[Resolved] P3D V3.4 crash with Spotlight and Aerosoft A320

Patrice Dubois

Patrice Dubois

Hi,

I just made some tests regarding the behaviour of FSX and P3D, with FSL-Spotlights on Airbus A320

If I tick the "Force ECAM software rendering" in the airbus configurator (So, CPU rendering)

Start of FSX with the Airbus-fsx in scenario : no problem

Start of P3D with the Airbus-p3d in scenario : P3D crashes at the end of the scene generation with fhe following error tracked by W7:

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 3.4.14.18870, horodatage : 0x581239e2
Nom du module défaillant : msvcrt.dll, version : 7.0.7601.17744, horodatage : 0x4eeaf722
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000097e9
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1908
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d2497ecd851668
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : L:\Prepar3d V3\Prepar3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
ID de rapport : 49aa4f34-b572-11e6-bb51-7824af9a48f7

This behaviour is systematic.

If I untick the "Force ECAM software rendering" in the airbus configurator (So, GPU-rendering)

Start of FSX with the Airbus-fsx in scenario : no problem (not sure about ECAM black screen here)

Start of P3D with the Airbus-p3d in scenario : no crash, but sometimes, the lower ECAM display is black.

If I disable the FSL-Spotlights dll in the dll.xml file, no problem in P3D

Configuration:

FSL-Spotlight 1.0.0.25, licensed

W7 ultimate x64, FSX P3D on dedicated SSD, 

Aerosoft Airbus version 1.31

So, what is the solution to my problem?

Thanks.

Patrice.

Lothar Gentzsch

Hi Patrice,

you are not alone with that problem. Today I`ve installed the newest driver for my graphics card, but the error is still on my system. We can not hope and expect for fast solution from FSLab, I think. I brought this error to Aerosoft as well but got no answer until today.

See another Thread according to our trouble:

Lothar

Patrice Dubois

I made some other tries:

I updated my library for Visual C++, same behaviour.

Sometimes, during the scene generation, the video driver is not responding (black/white screen). the system recovers it and after that, P3D crashes at the end of scenery generation (I think thsi is related to the problem as it never occurs in other cases)

If I load the trike as first plane and when the scene is ready for flying, I load the Airbus. In this case, no problems, it works.

So, there is a mystery when P3D directly loads the Airbus with ECAM display by software.

Patrice.

Lothar Gentzsch

Hi Patrice,

fine for you to find a temporary solution for you. But your procedure with the trike or another default aircraft does`nt work on my system. I can load the Airbus cold and dark or in turnaround Mode, no change. The lower ECAM don`t switch into the first page with the open doors, it is freezing, after liverychange the P3D crahed to CTD.

See  record:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 3.4.14.18870, Zeitstempel: 0x581239e2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: D3D10Warp.dll, Version: 6.2.9200.17033, Zeitstempel: 0x539e5cd4
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0013ba66
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1cc0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d24a26014c4247
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: H:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\D3D10Warp.dll
Berichtskennung: 7af289a6-b619-11e6-b027-94de80af1477

Lothar

Patrice Dubois

Hi Lothar,

Sorry it does not work for you also.

Regarding your crash, I encountered one like this one, after a driver freeze during P3D scene creation and crash afterwards. I have exactly the same version of the module D2D10Warp.dll as yours.

Maybe can you try rolling back to a previous Nvidia driver version, as I thought that the latest one hanged too frequently, so I rolled back to the previous one, that hanged too, but I'll keep it for the moment.

So the use of spotlight with the Aerosoft Airbus is a story that is not solved.

Patrice.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Are you guys up-to-date with Windows7 updates and all DirectX updated software?

Also-

are you able to install Visual Studio 2015 community edition (free) so we can do some debugging?

Patrice Dubois

Hi Lefteris,

Windows update does not find any necessary update for my system. The only thing I have done manually yesterday was to update my Visual C++ 2015 Redistribuable package to version 14.0.24215 (latest one) x86 and x64.

But to do some debugging, do we not need the source code of the impacted software (Airbus for instance)?

Installing Visual studio will not be a problem.

Patrice.

Lothar Gentzsch

Hi Lefteris,

Windows 7 and Directx updates up to date,

in the meantime I´ve deinstalled all FSLab programms ( A320X and Spotlight). I`ve installed Visual Studio 2015 community  today already. If I get time enough I`ll reinstall the FSLab programms again. Thanks for your service in advance.

Lothar

Lothar Gentzsch

Now I have reinstalled FSLab A320x in FSX and a licensed Spotlightversion Build 25. How can we the debugging process perform ?

By my self I tried that tool and got this answer:

'Prepar3D.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'H:\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AirbusXE.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Prepar3D.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d10warp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x490 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Lothar

Lefteris Kalamaras

Patrice-

this issue is resolved.

I am away currently on family business - as soon as I return, there should be a new version which should take care of this problem for P3D.

• 2 weeks later...