FSL Spotlight 1.0.0.24 makes P3D 3.4.14 crash

Patrice Dubois

Patrice Dubois

Hi FS Labs team,

So I installed FSLSpotlight (version FSLabs_SpotLights_v1.0.0.24) on my sims (FSX, FSX-SE, P3D 3.4.14.18870) as administrator, trusted the folder where it installs and after that, started P3D.

The loading of P3D until the configuration screen is OK.

But when load my scenario (Aerosoft A320 from Rennes with AS16 as weather, the loading window displays with a 1% bar graph and just after that, P3D crashes.

Below is the windows event that traces this crash:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 3.4.14.18870, horodatage : 0x581239e2
Nom du module défaillant : FSLSpotLights.dll, version : 10.0.61355.178, horodatage : 0x5816560e
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000f45f
ID du processus défaillant : 0x10f0
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d23cd29901af16
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : L:\Prepar3d V3\Prepar3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: L:\Prepar3d V3\FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights.dll
ID de rapport : 0a64fe48-a8c6-11e6-94d1-7824af9a48f7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried unsinstalling FSL Spotlights, rebooted my PC, Installing the new version again and restarted P3D. Same behaviour.

This behaviour is systematic.

I am on W7 x64, 16 GB RAM, dedicated SSD for FSX and P3D, FSL spotlight installation here: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimLabs\FSLSpotLights

And in P3D as described above in the error report (L:\Prepar3d V3\FSLabs\FSLSpotLights)

All the P3D folder is trusted by my firewall / Virus removal tool

The entry in dll.xml of P3D is as below:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSLSpotLights</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

(No double entry regarding this in the 2 "dll.xml" files of P3D)

And also, before I upgrade P3D to the 3.4.14.188700, FSL spotlights (1.0.0.23) was active and caused no such problems.

Thanks.

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Hi Lefteris,

Ok, I tried with the trike and loading of P3D is OK in this case.

Maybe a problem though, in the addons menus, There is a spotlights item that has a show/hide window as subitem, but I see no window regarding spotlights.

Regarding my crash as above: Being in the scenery with the trike, as soon as I try to load the Aerosoft Airbus A320, P3D crashes during the plane creation in the scenery.

Error catched by Windows is as follows:

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 3.4.14.18870, horodatage : 0x581239e2
Nom du module défaillant : FSLSpotLights.dll, version : 10.0.61355.178, horodatage : 0x5816560e
ID du processus défaillant : 0xe54
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d23d90818e3a4f
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: L:\Prepar3d V3\FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights.dll
ID de rapport : 63131949-a984-11e6-b302-7824af9a48f7

Hope this helps.

Patrice..

Lefteris Kalamaras

I think this is an Aerosoft issue - there is some option in their settings which has to do with their ECAM and DirectX? (I am sorry, but I don't have the A320 handy here). Turn this off and things should work correctly.

Patrice Dubois

I turned the ECAM option "force ECAM software rendering" to "OFF" (it was "ON" before) and no chance, it crashes again.

Here is the Windows report:

ID du processus défaillant : 0xe74
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d23dcac01b8da5
ID de rapport : 21698187-a9be-11e6-b302-7824af9a48f7

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Another guy (loti) has posted a similar problem in topic "FSLSpotlights updated for Prepar3D v3.4!" started by Lefteris.

Same problem as I have.

Patrice.

Lefteris Kalamaras

In fact, I can reproduce exactly this crash if I UNCHECK the "Force ECAM Software Rendering". With it checked, everything works correctly.

Can you please give it another try? Uncheck it, then CHECK it to make sure it's selected ON.

Frederic Nadot

I also have a problem with SpotLights after upgrading to P3D v3.4.14.18870 and build 24. This happens only with the FSL A320 (Aerosoft Airbus not installed).

When loading the aircraft, both NDs are black and after switching to cold and dark config (not via a panel state) and switching the second BCL to on (1 or 2), P3D freezes.

All OK when disabling Spotlight in DLL.XML.

Patrice Dubois

I reinstalled completely the aerosoft airbuses and exactly same problem: P3D V3 crash when loading the scenario details (with the ECAM option "ON" or "OFF").

Lefteris Kalamaras

I need to know if you guys have any extra software installed - PTA or other shader tweakers... need to reproduce your environment so I can have this happen on our end.

Patrice Dubois

Hi Lefteris,

I have PTA 1.62 with ultimate realism pack 0.95 installed.

I also have FSFX package, but I uninstalled it and same problem.

One question: can we deselect any aircraft via the spotlights manager? I think there will be a problem with other planes when the FSL A320X will be ported to P3D.

There are no problems with PMDG planes.

Patrice.

Frederic Nadot

I don't have any shader tweaker. I only use, AS16 (latest beta sp1), GSX, ORBX Vector and landclass, and the latest FSUIPC registered version.

Patrice Dubois

Hi Lefteris.

So deleted my prepar3d.cfg, started p3D, selecting an aerosoft airbus, Press ok for scenario >> crash at the very beginning of the scenerio loading.

Patrice.

Frederic Nadot

- Tried with a new "clean" Prepar3D.cfg with and without HDR

- Moved the EXE.XML to another folder

- Disabled ALL addons excepted the FSLabs DLLs and SpotLights in DLL.XML

Nothing helps

Lefteris Kalamaras

Fred-

you are a "special case" as you are a beta tester so there might be other factors at play here (i.e. the latest A320-X beta for P3D). Did you try with a default aircraft at LGAV for example? Load that and see if it crashes with Spotlights - it shouldn't.

14 hours ago, Patrice_simlabs said:

Hi Lefteris.

So deleted my prepar3d.cfg, started p3D, selecting an aerosoft airbus, Press ok for scenario >> crash at the very beginning of the scenerio loading.

Patrice.

Patrice-

can I TV your situation please? Let me know via PM about your availability...

Frederic Nadot

Lefteris

All others aircrafts load perfectly (default and PMDG). I have done a complete uninstall and fresh install of the bus again (Ressources + binaries + spotlights + reboot), and the problem remains even at LGAV.

Lothar Gentzsch

I got the fatal error 2 times on different PC, my Notebook (WIN10)  and my Desktop PC (WIN7).  After load a ARUBS A318-A321 ( Aerosoft) the P3D 3.4.14 crashed with error based on Spotlight 10.0.0.24.

After downgrading to Spotlight..23 no error occured on P3D.  For investigation then I reinstalled newest Spotlight..24  for FSX, but unchecked the box for P3D.

The P3D with Aerosoft Busses are loading and no P3D crasch.

But I´m waiting for the P3D- FSL Airbus and then I need the installation of Spotlight with checkbox activ for FSX and P3D.

I hope this helping to find the problem and a solution.

Regards

Loti

Lefteris Kalamaras

It must be very frustrating for you guys to get this crash, but I will ask for the third time: Can someone PLEASE try a default aircraft and let me know if that crashes as well with P3D and v.24?

Frederic Nadot

For the second time, I tried default aircraft (Beech Baron), PMDG 737, PMDG 777 and FSL A320 at LGAV. All work properly excepted the A320 in any airport.

For information, I have applied only the P3D client upgrade.

Patrice Dubois

Just tried now: Default P3D F22, spotlights on, at LGAV: absolutely no problem, all is OK.

P3D 3.4.14, spiotlights 1.0.0.24.

I tried also with the Aerosoft Airbus 318 research at LGAV >> crash when loading scenario.

Patrice.

Lothar Gentzsch

Yes, I can confirm the same. Every default aircraft and addon aircraft like PMDG working fine in those decribed configuartion. But only after loading the Airbusses ( AEROSOFT) the P3D ending in a fatal error. On my both pc ( Notebook WIN10  and Desktop WIN7).  The error report pointed to Spotlight.

Edit: Maybe I guess the reason is by Microsoft.NET Framework  4.6.2. This version is a requirement for the latest P3D version. In WIN 10 it is included by version 1016. In WIN7 I installed it as single download. After 4.6.2 installation the combination between P3D, Spotlight and the Aerosoftbusses  is incompatible ?

Regards

Loti

Lefteris Kalamaras
10 hours ago, loti said:

Yes, I can confirm the same. Every default aircraft and addon aircraft like PMDG working fine in those decribed configuartion. But only after loading the Airbusses ( AEROSOFT) the P3D ending in a fatal error. On my both pc ( Notebook WIN10  and Desktop WIN7).  The error report pointed to Spotlight.

Edit: Maybe I guess the reason is by Microsoft.NET Framework  4.6.2. This version is a requirement for the latest P3D version. In WIN 10 it is included by version 1016. In WIN7 I installed it as single download. After 4.6.2 installation the combination between P3D, Spotlight and the Aerosoftbusses  is incompatible ?

Regards

Loti

So far, the only identified crash issue with Aerosoft Airbus products has to do with their usage of D2D. We do not own the A318 in house, but we understand there are some related settings (Use_D2D = 1) which can be turned OFF to disable D2D usage (and go back to GDI+) which will prevent this crash.

Can you confirm 100% that you have D2D disabled for Aerosoft Airbus?

Mikael Leinonen
3 hours ago, Patrice_simlabs said:

Miksu,

You mean you can fly the aerosoft airbuses with spotlights "Enabled" in the dll.xml?

Very strange...

Yes Aerosoft works with the spotlights enabled in the dll.xml, no crashes

Lothar Gentzsch

"So far, the only identified crash issue with Aerosoft Airbus products has to do with their usage of D2D. We do not own the A318 in house, but we understand there are some related settings (Use_D2D = 1) which can be turned OFF to disable D2D usage (and go back to GDI+) which will prevent this crash.

Can you confirm 100% that you have D2D disabled for Aerosoft Airbus?"

Sorry Lefteris,

I´m overstrained, where can I found and check this D2D usage foe Aerosoft Aibusses ?  I´m unable to find this posibilty.

Do you mean  the switch In View options ( left MCDU) ?  There is View Mode set on VC , not in 2D.

Thanks in advance

Loti

Lothar Gentzsch

Hi Lefteris,

Thanks for reply, so I have the "performance ECAM "in the Airbus Configurator set off. The result was a total black lower ECAM or a frozen lower ecam, no change ( e.g engine- or door site) . After activation the  "performance ECAM" back I got the "fatal errror" and CTD from P3D again.

Now I reinstalled  the old ..23 Spotlightversion to get normal funktion in P3D. I hope and pray for a good function when the FSL Airbus released for P3D.

Lothar

Lothar Gentzsch

Hi Lefteris,

yes, of course, I took ..24   and ...25 Version. I got the latest NVIDIA Driver ( 375.95 for my GTX760 ) but unfortunatly the result was negative. In the meantime I use the ..23 wich no affected P3D.

Lothar