CTD when maximizing window

wombat778

I recently purchased the A320, and installed the FSL Spotlights as directed (version 1.0.0.23).  With FSL Spotlights, it now appears that I get an immediate CTD anytime I maximize the FSX window.  This occurs regardless of whether I am using FSL aircraft or other aircraft. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail.  This problem also occurs with 1.0.0.22.  Without FSL Spotlights installed, everything is fine.

I am using FSX legacy in DX9 mode on Windows 10.

Any ideas for a fix? As an alternative in the meantime, does anyone know exactly what functionality I will lose in the A320 if I simply leave Spotlights uninstalled?

Thanks!

Lefteris Kalamaras
8 hours ago, wombat778 said:

I recently purchased the A320, and installed the FSL Spotlights as directed (version 1.0.0.23).  With FSL Spotlights, it now appears that I get an immediate CTD anytime I maximize the FSX window.  This occurs regardless of whether I am using FSL aircraft or other aircraft. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times to no avail.  This problem also occurs with 1.0.0.22.  Without FSL Spotlights installed, everything is fine.

I am using FSX legacy in DX9 mode on Windows 10.

Any ideas for a fix? As an alternative in the meantime, does anyone know exactly what functionality I will lose in the A320 if I simply leave Spotlights uninstalled?

Thanks!

We need to get to the bottom of this. Are you open to a Teamviewer session so we can test further?

Thanks to both of you. 

Bob, I tried clearing the shader cache and, unfortunately, it did not appear to fix the isse.  Also, the issue is actually not with full screen but rather with maximizing the window in windowed mode.  For example, if FSX is in a mid-size window (which I often use when setting up a flight in the FMS), then I press the maximize button, I get an instant CTD.

Lefteris,  I am happy to do a teamviewer session, though it may have to wait until the weekend due to my work schedule.

Thanks again!

On 9/21/2016 at 1:59 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

We need to get to the bottom of this. Are you open to a Teamviewer session so we can test further?

I have this problem with the new version as well. Using other aircraft like default Trike, starting in full screen mode, and switching to windowed mode, crashes my sim. This started with the new version this weekend.