[Resolved]Crash to Desktop after start of OpusFSI

Rene Grothmann

Rene Grothmann

I am using OpusFSI as a weather engine and camera system together with FLS A320 X. That is no problem, if you disable DHM (otherwise landings are problematic).

Recently, I added your Spotlight program to get dome lights. It works fine. But the simulation (FSX_SE) now crashes when OpusFSI is started. When I uninstall Spotlight, everything works again. I wonder if you know about this conflict.

I already contacted OpusFSI and they cannot imagine what could cause this. They asked me to contact you.

To be more precise: I load the FSL Airbus in the free flight menu, start the flight, wait for the countdown, then start OpusFSI. Then it crashes. It also crashes with the Aerosoft Airbus in the same way.

Can you help?

Rene

Lefteris Kalamaras

Rene,

for the Aerosoft aircraft, turn on the "Software rendering" of the ECAMs (I might be paraphrasing - I don't own their software, my apologies).

I will investigate the OpusFSI issue - who's the developer? Could they get in touch with me?

Rene Grothmann

First a misunderstanding: The Aerosoft Airbus does not crash. Only if I start OpusFSI in the Airbus with Spotlight installed (not even used).

The developer of OpenFSI is Opus Software. See my forum chat with them: http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic56417_post354906.html#354906. The discussion about "menu access" is probably misleading, since it crashes the moment OpenFSI is started. 

I understand that this issue is difficult to solve. However, I tried ASN and found OpusFSI weather to be superior and more realistic. I might try AS16 too, but it is another buy. And I lose the camera system of OpusFSI and their DHM for other planes. I'd rather use your Airbus without a dome light and weather radar (or an external one).

Rene

Lefteris Kalamaras

Rene,

I posted a reply in that forum, we'll see where that takes us - is OpenFSI running within the FSX process or is it externally loaded? does it have any interface module inside FSX?

Rene Grothmann

Update: I can now use both. Here is how.

I disabled the camera system of OpusFSI, the live camera control, and the weather update at startup, and started OpusFSI with Spotlight installed, waiting a good time until the aircraft has settled down. I then re-enabled the camera system, and updated the weather. No problem. At the next start, I only waited for some time, and there was no crash.

I actually do not know what made the change: The wait to start OpusFSI, the disabled weather update at start, the disabling of the life camera control, or the disabling and re-enabling the camera system. I also have not thoroughly tested everything.

The fix works in DX10 only, surprisingly. After going back to DX9 the two addons became incompatible again.

If you leave this thread open I will inform other users about progress here. Most are using the recommended AS and EZDoc. But there may be some with OpenFSI.

Thanks for your support.