Spotlights crashes at startup (P3D V3.3.5)

Chris Keller

Chris Keller

Hi,

I downloaded today the test version of Spotlights (build 21), but unfortunately it crashes with P3D v.3.3.5 at startup. The attached error report hints to dxgi.dll. DLL entry of Spotlight in dll.xml is checked. I have not yet disabled any of my other dlls (ASN, FSUIPC, Multi Crew Experience, Accusim) as I would not like to miss any of them just because of this app. Shaders cache has been deleted - no success.

Maybe the error report give you a clue why it is not working. System (Win8.0, Nvidia 980ti, 368.22 driver).

Best Regards,

Chris

crash report.txt

Lefteris Kalamaras

I strongly suggest you disable ALL other add-ons in dll.xml and exe.xml and start P3D. If that works, reenable them one by one and see which one might have issues with Spotlights, so we can try it in-house.

Chris Keller

Thanks Lefteris. I will try and see what DLL could be the cause.

One more question: is Spolights compatible with the Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) that modifies the Shaders?

http://1coder.ru/PTA/

I have read somewhere that e.g. SweetFX could not be used with Spotflights for this reason.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Can you please get in touch with the author of Tweak Assistant and ask him to test with our Spotlights? The problem is, there's a million different ways their tool could be used and it's impossible for us to know what shaders they are changing.

Chris Keller

Hi Lefteris,

it seems indeed that PTA could be the problem. I have tested with a clean DLL.xml and EXE.xml and the crash at startup with the error message remains. I will see what I can do.

Best Regards,

Chris

Lefteris Kalamaras

OK - thanks for the investigative work. Once you have more details, we'll be happy to cooperate and resolve this if at all in our hands.

Chris Keller

Attached please find the PTA preset file that I use in PTA. If you want to test, the best is to download PTA for P3D 3.3 here http://1coder.ru/PTA/  and import the settings from the file via the import function. Then you will see what Shaders are going to be changed. If you want to apply the settings, do not forget to make a backup of the folder ShadersHSL of the P3D root directory. Thanks for helping.

pta_settings.ini

• 11 months later...
Gorka Timur Arrien
On 2016-6-22 at 11:48 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Le recomiendo encarecidamente que deshabilitar todos los otros complementos en dll.xml y exe.xml y empezar a P3D. Si funciona, ellos volver a activar uno a uno y ver que uno podría tener problemas con focos, para que podamos probarlo en casa.

One question whher I search the dll to desactivated?

Nuno M Pinto

Two places might hold the DLL entry:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml

or

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml

Also, keep in mind that some folders might be hidden.