[Resolved]FSX crash at startup

Yvan Muster

Yvan Muster

Hello,

I'm very interested by Spotlights. So I dowloaded the last version with my antivirus off. I installed spotlights in administrator. When I run FSX/ACC, FSX crashes :

Nom de l’application défaillante fsx.exe, version : 10.0.61637.0, horodatage : 0x46fadb14
Nom du module défaillant : dxgi.dll, version : 6.1.7601.17514, horodatage : 0x4ce7b819
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x00001395
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1520
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d1c01bf9d8f3d0
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\FSX\fsx.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\system32\dxgi.dll
ID de rapport : 449c3bc0-2c0f-11e6-988d-305a3a065c75

I tried again with a new download and reinstalled.. but it's the same error..

My computer is 6700K 4.5GHz, Maximus VIII Hero, GTX 980, 16 Go RAM 3200MHz

I have Windows 7 Pro, FSX+Acceleration, DX10 Fixer, Couatl, Ultimate Traffic 2, Ezdok

Thanks for your help

Yvan Muster
Zurich-Switzerland

Yvan Muster

Hello Bob,

No sure,  I have many other add-ons. Perhaps if I send you my "dll.xml" file you can found something that you have already had.

I know it is difficult to identify a problem with FSX so there are many add-ons... but perhaps step by step it will be a success :)

In french, we say about FSX it's "a gas plant" hihihihihihi

Thanks a lot for your help

Yvan Muster

Zurich-Switzerland

dll.xml

Lefteris Kalamaras

When exactly does the dxgi.dll crash manifest itself? Right at start of FSX or after you select an aircraft?

Yvan Muster

Hi,

Just after the start of FSX... it run UT2 and after 10 secondes FSX crash. I don't have the windows to select aircraft.

thanks

Yvan Muster

zurich-Switzerland

Lefteris Kalamaras

There's so many add-ons that you have in dll.xml (and I am not familiar with some of them either) - and I don't see our FSLSpotlights.DLL in there either.

Also-

are you running any reShade add-ons that would replace dxgl.dll and/or other DirectX dlls ?

Yvan Muster

I know.. I have many addons.. but all runs perfectly. I don't change shaders and I don't believe I have changed directX dlls :( If there is not spotlights dll it's perhaps I've desinstalled it ;)

I'm going to try again to install Spotlights.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎年‎6‎月‎7‎日 at 5:44 AM, Bob L said:

Hello Yvan,

Are these the only add-ons you have installed? - " DX10 Fixer, Couatl, Ultimate Traffic 2, Ezdok ?

Hi

I have same problem, and I install the DX10 Fixer, so the problem is from the DX10 Fixer?

Do you know how to solve this problem? thanks :)  

• 2 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I ran in to the same issue today..

Downloaded Spotlight to get the new Bus working and installed according to the installation instructions that came with the A320.

When I try to start FSX i get an error message as seen in the attached screenshot. After that the FSX splash screen disappears and FSX shuts down.

Running FSX Acceleration on Windows 10, and in addition to the addons in the attached dll.xml and exe.xml I am running sweetFX shaders, but not Steve's DX10 fixer. FSX is running in DX9 mode.

Hopefully you have some answers for me :)

Kind regards

Mikael Stockfors

Edit: I've also tried to uninstall (and fsx runs fine then) and then re-installed Spotlights.

Capture.JPG

dll.xml

exe.xml

Ehm, OK, disregard...

Tired and slightly frustrated as I was I wrote before using my head...

After switching on my brain again a thought struck me.  Considering the fact you mentioned that sweetFX could be an issue, why not remove that... And what do you know, FSX worked like a charm with spotlights installed!

Aidan Hutchison

I think this might be my problem. I installed sweet fx for bf4, but we're both having the same issue. Could you please tell me how to uninstall sweet fx? I tried to do it manually but i think i may have made a mistake.