P3D ver 3.2

johnbla

Lefteris Kalamaras

Are you sure you're on latest v3.2 ? What aircraft are you trying to use and what addons do you have installed?

Hi Lefteris

I am using P3D 3.2.3.16769. I tried it using the default Baron. I have a number of Orbx sceneries installed. Am using Windows 10, 64 bit.

Note that I also have FSX SE installed and it crashed that as well. Said the service was not running. When i tried to start the FSLab service, it would not allow me.

Thanks

John

Lefteris Kalamaras

John,

seems like an antivirus issue to me. Can you double check that your antivirus is not blocking anything? If necessary, uninstall the FSLSpotlights, disable your antivirus, then install FSLSpotlights again. Before enabling the AV, check that they work properly. When they do, enable your Antivirus and see if and where it complains.

Lefteris

I turned off Windows Defender and then reinstalled 1.9. I got the error message at attachment 1. When I tried to load P3D, I got the error message at attachment 2. I had to uninstall FS Spotlight. I then turned Windows Defender back on.

Thanks

John

1.pdf

2.pdf

Yes I did.

Edit: I managed to get it installed by installing as an administrator and into default path. However, the Spotlight manager takes a very long time to load. Is this correct?

John

Lefteris Kalamaras

John,

you're giving me absolutely very little to work with here. No computer specs, no windows version, memory, no add-ons loaded on your sim, nothing. I am pretty good at guessing, but your case, my friend, requires someone with extraterrestrial abilities (we're training Bob in our support department, but he's not there yet).

Would you like to provide some more details so we can assist?

As per my earlier post my friend: " I am using P3D 3.2.3.16769. I tried it using the default Baron. I have a number of Orbx sceneries installed. Am using Windows 10, 64 bit." Have a number of Carenado and Alabeo aircraft. 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, GTX 970 and 8gb memory. 

John,

1. You have build 19 of the Spotlights?

2. Do you have VRS TacPack installed?

3. Are you running P3D in Window or full screen mode?

4. The FSLSpotLights.dll entry is listed in the DLL.XML file?

Bob,

1. Yes

2. No

3. Windowed

4. Yes

There are no big dramas, I have a shortcut to the Spotlight manager on my desktop, but it takes about a minute or so to load, so I thought there might be something wrong with it.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi John,

sorry I missed your earlier specification details - easy to overlook when there's lots of posts going around at the same time.

Not sure why it takes so long for the spotlights manager to load on your end - it shouldn't be the case, but as long as it loads correctly, you should be in good shape.

Let me know if there's anything else you need on this.