Concorde Video

Mark Wolpert

Mark Wolpert

I was thinking of making a Concorde-X video, and just wonder what is the best way to capture the smoke and reheat effects. Usually for videos I use FS Recorder and then film it with FRAPS during playback. This generally gives good results but for ConcordeX you end up losing the smoke and reheats. Any suggestions welcome.

Mark.

He used a method which involved direct filming of the screen by use of a camcorder/digital in real-time without recording in FS if i remember correctly.

EDIT

Strike that. I am just browsing his comments returned on the vid and he says he uses FS Recorder.

Andrew Wilson

Usually for videos I use FS Recorder and then film it with FRAPS during playback. This generally gives good results but for ConcordeX you end up losing the smoke and reheats. Any suggestions welcome.

You'd have to remove all of the gauges from panel.cfg, and all of the effects from aircraft.cfg except the reheat effects. Then toggle the reheat effects during video capture with the I key. Note that you will have no systems/instrumentation in the cockpit using this method.

Mark Wolpert

Andrew,

Thanks, a bit more involved than I really wanted.

probably what I will do is film the takeoff in FS Recorder. Then do it a second, third time in locked spot view and just try to fly properly. During editing is should come together.

Mark.

• 5 months later...