Skalarki WXR V2 Question

Waleed Nuseibeh

Waleed Nuseibeh

I was ready to purchase the WXR V2 as a standalone module,  but noticed the following warning:

This panel needs to be connected to ECAM panel to get its functionality.

I do not understand why this is the case, as the original WXR (same warning) is part of the Latest HOMELine Left Pedestal Package which is a standalone and not connected to the ECAM.

Anyone have it?

I would appreciate any insight to this as Skalarki is closed for the weekend.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Waleed Nuseibeh

Never mind, I got an answer from Skalarki and it states the same.

Confusing to me as it does not require ECAM panel when sold on the Right side Home Pedestal package, but what do I know.

I have no idea how these things work to begin with.

Oh well, onto the next set of goodies I go.

• 1 year later...
Erwan Mace

Hi @Waleed Nuseibeh did you ever buy it?

I have been eyeing the WXR / RMP and TCAS panels as standalone additions to my already complete Skalarki Desktop setup.

Do you know if these 3 modules can simply be plugged and play via USB?

Gregory Verba
On 5/2/2023 at 3:34 AM, Erwan Mace said:

Hi @Waleed Nuseibeh did you ever buy it?

I have been eyeing the WXR / RMP and TCAS panels as standalone additions to my already complete Skalarki Desktop setup.

Do you know if these 3 modules can simply be plugged and play via USB?

Hi Erwan,

I have WXR v2. It is connected directly to ECAM panel via ribbon cable so you must have ECAM panel for it.

ATC and RMP panels have both USB cable (to USB HUB) and POWER/BKLT cable DIMMER PRO. If you don't have a dimmer pro you may use similar solution like in desktop version products.

Erwan Mace

Thanks @Gregory Verba

i have just ordered the TCAS module to add to my desktop setup (I have an RMP from Fscockpit already) and will skip ECAM panel and WX for the moment. 

Not sure if I understand how the power supply works for the TCAS but I’ll see when it arrives. It needs a separate power supply is it? 

For ECAM panel and WX I am considering building a plug-in so that I can add a small window on my second monitor where I popped out the actual ECAM displays. Have you see such plugins before? Building in Lua could be a nice little project. 

Gregory Verba
1 hour ago, Erwan Mace said:

Thanks @Gregory Verba

i have just ordered the TCAS module to add to my desktop setup (I have an RMP from Fscockpit already) and will skip ECAM panel and WX for the moment. 

Not sure if I understand how the power supply works for the TCAS but I’ll see when it arrives. It needs a separate power supply is it? 

For ECAM panel and WX I am considering building a plug-in so that I can add a small window on my second monitor where I popped out the actual ECAM displays. Have you see such plugins before? Building in Lua could be a nice little project. 

The ATC/TCAS panel has 3 connectors on the backside. 

1st -USB

Two others - socket for 5.5*2.1 DC Connector. 

Skalarki suppling this cable with 4P terminal plug on the other end to connect it directly to DIMMER PRO board.

Instead of this cable you can use 12V or 15V power supply (according to lighting color you order) with a 2.1 DC splitter and two regular female to male 2.1 DC cables (however without dimmer board you will not be able to change lighting intensity).

I hope it helps.

CczoE8Q.jpg

1c5EAfd.jpgYnxr01v.pngOfLjDmB.png

Erwan Mace

Thanks @Gregory Verbafor such a clear and detailed reply. 
i indeed have these power supply for my FCU, MCDU, ABRK and TQ already. Would it make sense to get a dimmer pro board and connect all of them to it ?

Gregory Verba
8 hours ago, Erwan Mace said:

Thanks @Gregory Verbafor such a clear and detailed reply. 
i indeed have these power supply for my FCU, MCDU, ABRK and TQ already. Would it make sense to get a dimmer pro board and connect all of them to it ?

It is up to you but you need keep in mind that:

- I don't think it is a reasonable to get Dimmer pro without Flood Panel CS. INTEG LT of all pedestal and mip panels is controlled from there.

- Flood panel CS must be connected to ECAM so you must also have ECAM.

- Dimmer PRO requires pedestal PSU kit to provide power for backlight, power for all panels and TQ stepper motor that you have.

• 2 weeks later...
Erwan Mace

@Gregory Verba I was thinking that rather than buying a 12v /2.5A adapter for the TCAS module, I could buy a 12v /5A and use a 4 way splitter to driver current to TCAS + MCDU

what so you think. Does that make sense?

Gregory Verba
3 hours ago, Erwan Mace said:

@Gregory Verba I was thinking that rather than buying a 12v /2.5A adapter for the TCAS module, I could buy a 12v /5A and use a 4 way splitter to driver current to TCAS + MCDU

what so you think. Does that make sense?

Of course it will work.