v5 Performance Drop

Daniel Harms

Hi,

I've just switched to v5 from v4 and noted a FPS drop when using the Dome Lights.

Dome Off: 30 FPS

Dome Dim: 26 FPS

Dome BRT: 22 FPS

I've installed FSLabs_SpotLights_v5.0.0.2. The above is with EA and HDR activated. Frames are not limited, FXAA/VSYNC/Midmaps are all off. With EA and HDR off, I've the following frames:

Dome Off: 35 FPS

Dome Dim: 30 FPS

Dome BRT: 26 FPS

Question: Is it normal to have a FPS drop with Spotlights and the Dome Lights?

Marvin Toepfer

i have a huge frame drop on addon scenery with landing lights turned on. i dont think those fps issues are spotlights or fslabs related. on standard scenery there is 0 fps loss. i guess its more related to the dynamic lights of p3d itself. if anyone has a tweak there, i would be happy to try it.

Lefteris Kalamaras
16 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

i have a huge frame drop on addon scenery with landing lights turned on. i dont think those fps issues are spotlights or fslabs related. on standard scenery there is 0 fps loss. i guess its more related to the dynamic lights of p3d itself. if anyone has a tweak there, i would be happy to try it.

Marvin-

have you increased the number of dynamic lights in Prepar3D.cfg? The default is 250 but there are several add-on scenery developers who suggest increasing that 400% to 1000 (which will definitely cause the drop you see).

Marvin Toepfer
43 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Marvin-

have you increased the number of dynamic lights in Prepar3D.cfg? The default is 250 but there are several add-on scenery developers who suggest increasing that 400% to 1000 (which will definitely cause the drop you see).

Hi Lefteris,
thats what I checked as well but it's set on 250. I also uninstalled shaders, rebuild Prepar3D.cfg...didnt help.
What helped a bit is setting the AA to MSAA (normally I am on 4 SSAA). If I let it on MSAA and go into my Nvidia settings to enhance the AA in the game, its the same. I guess, it's either something scenery related OR related to P3D dynamic lights. There are sceneries where that problem is worse than on other sceneries. Or my GPU or settings...I will do more tests and see where the problem is. 

On 1/18/2021 at 5:18 PM, Daniel Harms said:

Hi,

I've just switched to v5 from v4 and noted a FPS drop when using the Dome Lights.

Dome Off: 30 FPS

Dome Dim: 26 FPS

Dome BRT: 22 FPS

I've installed FSLabs_SpotLights_v5.0.0.2. The above is with EA and HDR activated. Frames are not limited, FXAA/VSYNC/Midmaps are all off. With EA and HDR off, I've the following frames:

Dome Off: 35 FPS

Dome Dim: 30 FPS

Dome BRT: 26 FPS

Question: Is it normal to have a FPS drop with Spotlights and the Dome Lights?

Does somebody have the same issues with the FPS Drop or is it quite uncommom?