FSL Spotlight V2 - Previous ini-file

Hanse

I just installed FSL Spotlight V2 into my P3D v4 and also want to use the previous ini-files I created for my various planes in P3D v3. But I recognized that something must have been changed because some lights cannot be seen and others are on different positions. Is there a simple and easy way to adjust the ini-files to the new version? Because I do not wish that all my previous work is garbage e.g. I have to do everything again from scratch.......

Regards,

Rolf

Lefteris Kalamaras

Unfortunately, the changes are substantial so there's no way to retain compatibility with the older v1 files.

Sorry about that, the effects and shader logic in v4 has changed significantly.

Hi Lefteris,

OK, comparing the V1 and the V2 structure there are differences but only for a few items (please see the table below). So I would like to "translate" my V1 settings to V2 - which should be no problem for most of the items except PITCH, HEADING (from Direction) and FALLOFFEXPONENT (from Attenuation). Are there some general information on how to "translate" those three values into the new V2 structure or which standard values can be used instead?  Thanks.

Regards,

Rolf

OLD STRUCTURE V1

NEW STRUCTURE V2

[General]

NumLamps=60

[Lamp.0]

[Lamp.0]

Active=0

Active=0

Brightness=1

Brightness=1

MinBrightness=0

MaxBrightness=1

Overbright=0

VCOnly=1

Position=-0.429, -0.189, 9.790

Position=-0.429, -0.189, 9.790

Color=255, 178, 89

Color_Day=255, 178, 89

Color_Night=255, 178, 89

Direction=0.100, 1.000, -1.000

>>>

Pitch= ?

>>>

Heading= ?

Range=1.6

Range=1.6

Attenuation=0.100, 0.250, 0.100

>>>

FalloffExponent= ?

OuterAngle=104

OuterAngle=104

InnerAngle=22

InnerAngle=22

Description=D Left

Description=D Left

Group=1 Dome              

Group=1 Dome

Lefteris Kalamaras

Unfortunately, there's no one-to-one correlation in translating these values - the v1 values go directly into the shader logic, while the v2 go into the effect logic.

As such, you need to apply trial and error.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.

Hi Lefteris,

until now I tried everything to make FSLSpotlight v2 workable for one selected plane only - but failed completely. I am a member of an alpha-testteam for a new airplane in P3D v4 and wanted to try FSLSpotlight v2 with this new plane.  But I have an idea what could maybe cause this problem.

You are writing that the V2 values go direct into the effect logic. But what happens if the new plane is "located" under .......\user\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\.....? The folder for this new plane also contains a folder ........\Effetcs but in this folder only some special effects for this plane are available.  The others are stored in the main ......\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3D v4\Effects folder. Could this be the reason why I am not able to make FSLSpotlight V2 workable for this plane?

Regards,

Rolf

Lefteris Kalamaras

That's correct - the manager hasn't changed. I can see how that can be confusing, so next update they will match. However, the latest 2.0.0.3 Spotlights add-on is correctly installed on your end.

After a lot of trials I am now completely confident that there is a problem in FSLSpotlight - maybe at least with settings I use and explained in my thread from last Monday. If I open the FSL Spotlight Manager and try to "Edit" one lamp "Brightness" and "Position from Aircraft Center" work e.g. the "circle" is moving accordingly and I can adjust brightness as well as the color. But if I edit "Direction", "Angles", "Range" and "Falloff" nothing happens. Another issue I recognized and I believe this confirms that there is something wrong is that "Reset" and "Revert" do not work e. g. if I push those bottons none of the values above are changed........(even that I edited those values after loading). Only "Save" works as required.

Regards,

Rolf

Lefteris,

in the F22 everything works fine and now I also made FSL Spotlight working in my new plane. But except RESET and REVERT (not working in both planes) ........ Please have a look into this again. Thanks.

Lefteris Kalamaras
15 minutes ago, Hanse said:

Lefteris,

in the F22 everything works fine and now I also made FSL Spotlight working in my new plane. But except RESET and REVERT (not working in both planes) ........ Please have a look into this again. Thanks.

I will test on my end when I return from Lelystad next week.