Dome and Flood Lights issue not resolved!!!!!!

Jack Vince

Me again, 

after my fs spotlights worked last night I come back this morning to once again find it not working. I reinstall to my P3d root directory as I did last night and no option comes up on the loading screen to allow the add on like it did last night. Now when I load in the lights don't work.

This is getting tiresome if someone could please shed some light on the problem. 

Thank you :)

Norman Blackburn

Im wondering do the number of exclamation marks make the issue more or less prevalent? 

@Jack Vince I would be looking toward my anti virus as a prime suspect.

Note I have moved your post to its proper location - Spotlights.  Support is not offered in General Discussion.

Okay so after a bit more investigation I have managed to isolate the problem to the BA livery I installed. After installing a different one it worked so if anyone has issue with spotlight then check if its your livery. Once you load in that livery it will break the whole addon and wont work with an other repaints. 

• 1 month later...
Andres Esteve

I have the same problem. I don't have any flood lights at all. I installed spotlights, re-installed. but nothing no flood lights. i followed the steps on other post. delete the shaders.. nothing

Norman Blackburn

What steps have you followed?  Often people will say they did something when they either missed a step or did something completely different.

Also please change your forum name to be your real name.

Stefan Schwarm

I think I have the sameProblem. 

I dont know it for sure, but I installed the Eurowings and a Lufthansa AIPZ v2 Livery from the forum and now the dome lights and the other spotlights did not work. 

Can you help me? Is there a Possibility to reset without install completely new? Can I install a Spotlight Version over the old one?

Thank you

Hello Guys,

same problem for me, yesterday everything just worked fine, then this morning I installed the latest NVIDIA drivers (388.59) and since then I don't have dome or floodlights on the flightdeck.

Norman Blackburn
4 hours ago, don-crowly said:

Hello Guys,

same problem for me, yesterday everything just worked fine, then this morning I installed the latest NVIDIA drivers (388.59) and since then I don't have dome or floodlights on the flightdeck.

Roll back to an earlier driver. As you see, newest is not always best.

1 hour ago, Ovidiu Ocnaru said:

Same issue here! :(

That it doesn't work or that you updated your drivers and it stopped working?

Norman Blackburn
5 hours ago, Stefan Schwarm said:

I think I have the sameProblem. 

I dont know it for sure, but I installed the Eurowings and a Lufthansa AIPZ v2 Livery from the forum and now the dome lights and the other spotlights did not work. 

Can you help me? Is there a Possibility to reset without install completely new? Can I install a Spotlight Version over the old one?

Thank you

A change in livery is just a red herring.  Make sure you have exceptions listed in your antivirus AND Windows Defender then reinstall spotlights.

OK, I went back to an earlier driver build, but without success. Then I uninstalled the A320 and Spotlights, and before the reinstallation I made exceptions at Windows defender. Unfortunately no luck at all. Domelights and Floodlights are still not working.

pierre legault
On 10/12/2017 at 8:54 AM, don-crowly said:

OK, I went back to an earlier driver build, but without success. Then I uninstalled the A320 and Spotlights, and before the reinstallation I made exceptions at Windows defender. Unfortunately no luck at all. Domelights and Floodlights are still not working.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:03 PM, don-crowly said:

Problem solved, after setting the exceptions for the FSLabs folders at the WD menu.

Hi Don

What do you do different in second step to make it work now?

I did the same as  I uninstalled the A320 and Spotlights, and before the reinstallation I made exceptions at Windows defender and de-activated it for reinstalling both.

On my side the lights come on but do not light the panels...

Thanks

hi pierre,

first I set exceptions for the installation files of the A320 and spotlight with no luck. And in the last step I set exceptions to folders in the Windows Defenser menu as posted by Lefteris

• Thanks 1
pierre legault
6 minutes ago, don-crowly said:

hi pierre,

first I set exceptions for the installation files of the A320 and spotlight with no luck. And in the last step I set exceptions to folders in the Windows Defenser menu as posted by Lefteris

Hello Don,

I found complete solution in an other topic os Spotlights

I added in Windows Defender a bunch of exceptions like these ones :

On 18/10/2017 at 4:42 AM, HR777 said:

X:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\FlightSimLabs 
X:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimLabs
X:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
X:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

On 18/10/2017 at 6:15 AM, Wael Soliman said:

C:\ProgramData\FlightSimLabs

And now I have super flood lights in my cockpit :) 

..but nice places for hackers to upload some virus :(

Nothing is perfect....

Pierre

Norman Blackburn
3 minutes ago, pierre legault said:

but nice places for hackers to upload some virus :(

Pierre,

Please tell how allowing exceptions independent for spotlights is ever going to allow a hacker?

pierre legault
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Pierre,

Please tell how allowing exceptions independent for spotlights is ever going to allow a hacker?

Because allowing exception for some folders disabled WD scan for them I think...

pierre legault
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

melodramatic

This aspect of security must be considered after the attacks we had in recent years. I really like A320-X, its the first to challenge PMDG's products but it's the only addon that demands that we create exceptions. TFDi B717 also provides an amazing cockpit lights without creating exception (s) in WD.

Norman, to say that I am a "melodramatic" you must not have arguments and I will not embark on this level of exchange, I leave that to politicians ;)

Regards

Lefteris Kalamaras
16 hours ago, pierre legault said:

This aspect of security must be considered after the attacks we had in recent years. I really like A320-X, its the first to challenge PMDG's products but it's the only addon that demands that we create exceptions. TFDi B717 also provides an amazing cockpit lights without creating exception (s) in WD.

Norman, to say that I am a "melodramatic" you must not have arguments and I will not embark on this level of exchange, I leave that to politicians ;)

Regards

You could, instead, report the false positive reports to your antivirus provider - as soon as they look into that, they will put it as an exclusion to their next update and thus you will no longer need the exclude path.

Darien Barnes

Honestly although I've created the an exception on my windows defender, the dome lights don't work for me Unless I turn off windows defender. it's really weird on my pc.

pierre legault
On 13/12/2017 at 4:59 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

You could, instead, report the false positive reports to your antivirus provider - as soon as they look into that, they will put it as an exclusion to their next update and thus you will no longer need the exclude path.

Hi Lefteris,

Yes I could but it would be a good idea for Flightsimlabs to report this to Microsoft about Windows Defender and so all your customers who have this problem will not have to create a bunch exceptions and that would avoid you to do technical support for this problem.

Note: This is an opinion and advice and hopefully I will not be treated "melodramatic" by someone because it is not polite and it is prohibited by the rules of this forum.

Regards