Get rid of Spotlights Demo Triangle?

Günter Steiner

Günter Steiner

Hello,

I do own the A320X and therefore have Spotlights in use.

But only for the A320

Now, with all my other planes I see the triangle in the lower left for the demo mode.

How can I get rid of it - permanently (without clicking into the menu every time?

One solution would be to deaktivate it in the XML if I fly other planes. But it would be much better if there's an other solution. I do not like that demo hint and it should be avoided from developers side on other addons.

thanks you

Lefteris Kalamaras

It is not a "triangle for demo mode"

it is there for the spotlights window to pop up - did you read the documentation?

The menu offers a "Hide Window" option which should make for the little triangle to be hidden - use that.

Günter Steiner

Thanks for answering.

Yes, I have read the documentation.

If it is now for demo mode or not, I do not like to have that triangle in other addons where I do not use Spotlights.

And - as I have already stated - I know that I could disable it via the menu.

What I find annoying (beside installing an addon influences all my other addon without questioning) is that I have that triangle now in every addon plane and I have to remove it via the menu EVERY time.

Would be nice to have an option to disable Spotlight PERMANENTLY from other addons if one does not wish to use it.

many thanks

Lefteris Kalamaras

It's already supposed to be a permanent choice - it is supposed to save it to an .ini file - if it doesn't, it's likely a bug and I'll look into it.

Günter Steiner
Just now, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

It's already supposed to be a permanent choice - it is supposed to save it to an .ini file - if it doesn't, it's likely a bug and I'll look into it.

ah, ok, that is like I want to have it.

I will test further if it is permanently deleted or not - currently I switch often between addons. Seems I have to deactivate for every single addon then?!

Could you please tell me, where I find that .ini file, so that I could check if entries are made?

many thanks!

Lefteris Kalamaras
Just now, Günter Steiner said:

ah, ok, that is like I want to have it.

I will test further if it is permanently deleted or not - currently I switch often between addons. Seems I have to deactivate for every single addon then?!

Could you please tell me, where I find that .ini file, so that I could check if entries are made?

many thanks!

I am looking into it - will let you know.

Lefteris Kalamaras

I am surprised, because v2.0.0.2 is crashing for a few people. I've pulled it till I can find what is wrong with it - back to 2.0.0.1 for now, .3 will come later tomorrow.

• Like 2