Nvidea error when loading the aircraft

Juan Carlos

Greg Caesar

Everyone is having this problem, but sadly FSLabs is doing nothing.

Just uninstall/ disable it in your P3D dml.xll file until they can get it fixed. (I predict it's going to be at the very least until November/ December.)

Norman Blackburn
6 hours ago, Greg Caesar said:

Everyone is having this problem, but sadly FSLabs is doing nothing.

Just uninstall/ disable it in your P3D dml.xll file until they can get it fixed. (I predict it's going to be at the very least until November/ December.)

Pray tell Greg how can FSL fix an issue that is a bug in NVIDIA code?  

Tobias Schmidt

I had the same problem problem, but I am using an AMD card in my case. The solution that fixed it for me is, immediately after loading the sim an you have access to the menu bar go to the addons tab and disable FSLabs Spotlights. After the A320X is finished loading enable Spotlights again. This workaround solved my issue with that crash the last couple of months.

And as I said, I am using an AMD video card, so I doubt that this crash is only limited to an NVIDIA code bug. I would rather say it's a P3D or DX11 problem in general.

Greg Caesar
5 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Pray tell Greg how can FSL fix an issue that is a bug in NVIDIA code?  

I suspect the problem is on your own end; the software wasn't made to be compatible with newer drivers.

Wayne Klockner

But not "everyone" is having this problem, even with the latest drivers.

Norman Blackburn

How do you explain people with identical errors who have never ever even heard of flight simulators?

Greg Caesar
12 hours ago, Wayne Klockner said:

But not "everyone" is having this problem, even with the latest drivers.

Further suggesting it's an issue on FSLabs' end.

• Like 1
Greg Caesar
12 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

How do you explain people with identical errors who have never ever even heard of flight simulators?

Then it's evidently not this which triggers it.

It's entirely possible there's more than 1 piece of faulty coding that is resulting in this error, and it's obvious FS Spotlights is by no means immune to this. 

Denying there's no problem on their end isn't going to help to solve the problem; for the people who have fallen victim to this crude attack (such as myself) we could quite honestly care less if FSL or NVidia is at fault, but rather feel that since this error is occurring only with this programme that it should be, in fact, FSL who solves the problem.

Greg Caesar
18 hours ago, Tobias Schmidt said:

I had the same problem problem, but I am using an AMD card in my case. The solution that fixed it for me is, immediately after loading the sim an you have access to the menu bar go to the addons tab and disable FSLabs Spotlights. After the A320X is finished loading enable Spotlights again. This workaround solved my issue with that crash the last couple of months.

And as I said, I am using an AMD video card, so I doubt that this crash is only limited to an NVIDIA code bug. I would rather say it's a P3D or DX11 problem in general.

As evident in this man's post, there are workarounds to this problem. So why is it FSL is so slow to identify the root cause?

NVidia ain't waiting up for them if that's what they're concerned with.

It's time to take action.

Tobias Schmidt

Well I didn't say it's a problem caused by FSLabs, as there are also people having similar problems flying addons produced by different developers. I just wanted to give an option for a workaround that might help f this situation appears. Furthermore I wanted to add that it could also happen with AMD cards and if you put these two things (different gpu hardware and different addon developers) together, it rather looks to me that it's a problem of current P3D v3 versions.

• 2 weeks later...