Problem with Prepar3d 3.4 with error NVIDIA GTX 980

ALESSANDRO ANILE

ALESSANDRO ANILE

Hello guys,
I installed the Nvidia 382.53 driver, just after starting the simulator, i plug and take this screenshot, can you help me? thanks bye.

Alessandro

Screenshot (215).png

Ray Nicholls

i have exactly the same problem.This has been an issue for the last 2 nVidia driver releases.The only way around this was to roll back to nVidia driver v382.05

ALESSANDRO ANILE

Ok I have fixed for now, I've uninstalled the latest driver from the control panel, and I later installed the 382.05 driver, thank you very much.

Alessandro

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue and same resolution - The strange part is that it only happened with P3d V3.4.   Version 4 works OK with 382.53

Vitalijus Montrimas

This error is generated by spotlight if you got it installed. There is two solutions at the moment, uninstall spotlights or downgrade drivers to 382.05

• 3 months later...
Zachary Kerr

Is FSLabs working a fix for this issue?  I've been able to use my sim with the above mentioned workaround, but at some point I'd like to update my video card drivers and use spotlights at the same time.  Anything?

Norman Blackburn

Hi Zachary,

As much as we would like to, it is not our code to fix.  The issue lays with LM / nvidia.

Joshua Scott
26 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Zachary,

As much as we would like to, it is not our code to fix.  The issue lays with LM / nvidia.

This is what gripes me with the Fslabs development team, you guys have worked hard theres no doubt about it but you can get your code updated to work with the newer drivers, just because its not your code doesn't mean its not your issue, PMDG etc have done fixes within a few days for issues like this even if it wans't their issue, its like you guys are trying to push the community members away which is a shame. 

Lefteris Kalamaras
11 minutes ago, Joshua Scott said:

This is what gripes me with the Fslabs development team, you guys have worked hard theres no doubt about it but you can get your code updated to work with the newer drivers, just because its not your code doesn't mean its not your issue, PMDG etc have done fixes within a few days for issues like this even if it wans't their issue, its like you guys are trying to push the community members away which is a shame. 

I promise you we will do our utmost to resolve this issue.

As soon as you can get us NVidia drivers source code and/or LM P3D v3.X source code.

Joshua Scott
Just now, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I promise you we will do our utmost to resolve this issue.

As soon as you can get us NVidia drivers source code and/or LM P3D v3.X source code.

I understand what you're saying Lefteris but i mean is there no other possible work around other than  downgrading drivers? Anyway for now ive opted not to use Spotlights am looking forward to the V4 version!

Lefteris Kalamaras
1 minute ago, Joshua Scott said:

I understand what you're saying Lefteris but i mean is there no other possible work around other than  downgrading drivers? Anyway for now ive opted not to use Spotlights am looking forward to the V4 version!

Spotlights work fantastically in V4.

It's obvious (to me, anyway) that LM are not focusing on V3 anymore. I don't expect this to be resolved by them or NVidia.

Chresten Bluhme
20 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Spotlights work fantastically in V4.

It's obvious (to me, anyway) that LM are not focusing on V3 anymore. I don't expect this to be resolved by them or NVidia.

when will fslabs release for v4 :( 

Norman Blackburn
54 minutes ago, Chresten Bluhme said:

when will fslabs release for v4 :( 

It won't be today, sorry.