Spotlights and the A320

Daniel Corbe

Daniel Corbe

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the .33 build of FSLSpotlights and the .176 build of the A320X.

Spotlights crashes my sim.   It causes the sim to report DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG followed by a crash of prepar3d.exe

Thing is it worked for a couple of days after the initial install.

I completely reinstalled the sim from scratch along with my beloved airbus, and it again worked for a couple of days and now it's doing the same thing again.

This time I did a little more digging.   I know its the spotlights mod because I uninstalled it and everything runs just fine.   Everything works on the airbus except for the spotlights.

I'm not sure how I can get to the bottom issue.  I'm just wondering, is it a trial license thing?  Do I actually need to purchase spotlights separately from the airbus to keep it working?  If so, a nice little warning dialog would be preferable to a sim crash.

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can offer.

Norman Blackburn

Hi

197 is the latest 320x build for FSX

Spotlights does not require a separate purchase when used with an FSL aircraft.

The culprit however in all this is nvidia.  The error you see occurs to people who don't even have a flight simulator installed. 

Victor Poirel

I have the same issue, if i don't touch DOME LT no problem, but with DOME -> DIM or BRT Crash DXGI error... 

Only Solution i found Don't touch DOME light

Hope it's fine for u also ;)

Victor.