FSL Spotlight 1.0.0.33 - Windows 10

Hanse

I was running my Aerosoft Airbus with FSL Spotlight 1.0.0.33 and P3D v.3.4.22.19868 on Windows 7 64-bit for a couple of months without any problems. But after upgrading to Windows 10 my simulator loading the Aerosodt Airbus crashes just before finishing the loading. I identified FSL Spotlight as the issue because after disabling it the simulator works perfect. Also deinstalling and reinstalling Spotlight again does not solve the problem. Any idea what I can do to solve this problem?

Regards,

Rolf

Lefteris Kalamaras

Did you switch any of your Aerosoft settings in the Configurator tool? In particular the "Force ECAM software rendering"?

Hi Lefteris,

thanks for the quick reply. No, I did not change anything in my Aerosoft settings e.g. Force ECAM Software Rendering is still "ticked" like before........

Lefteris Kalamaras

There is no difference between Windows 7/8/8.1/10 in terms of what Spotlights uses. Try to figure out what you changed on your platform - that's where the issue will lie.

After upgrading all my other P3D addon programs (AS2016, ASCA, AivlaSoft SimpleCam etc.) are not showing any problem and work as previously with W7 64-bit. I did not change anything in respect to the simulator after upgrading. But disabling FSLSpotLights_P3D.dll there is no problem anymore e.g. P3D does not crash when finally loading an Aerosoft Airbus. If I manually start FSLService after loading the P3D system does not crash but opening afterwards the FSLSpotlight Manager I just get an "empty" sreen (see attachment) So I still believe the problem has something to do with loading the aircrafts specific FSLSpotLights.ini file. Summarizing:

• There is no FSLSpotLight  problem with P3D standard planes just with Aerosoft Airbusses
  • With Aerosoft Airbusses there seem to be a problem when loading the specific FSLSpotLights.ini file (example also see attachment) Maybe this is related to the loading sequence which might be different between Windows 10 and Windows?
  • If I load an aircraft state (with FSLSpotlight = ON) which I saved before the upgrade and FSLSpotLights_P3D.dll is now disabled the plane loads correctly and the FSLSpotlights are on but automatically switched off a second later......

Any suggestion what else I can do because I am mainly flying the Aerosoft Airbusses and I like FSL SpotLight in connection with those planes. Thanks.

Regards 

SpotLightManager.jpg

FSLSpotLights.ini

I am sorry that I got no answer until now. If you do not support FSL SpotLight for a competitors product e.g. the Aerosoft Airbus in connection with upgrading to Windows 10 you should have stated this beforehand. I tried everything to make it workable even tried to use it on a friends PC with the same settings but failed. I still prefer to use your product FSL SpotLight with the Aerosoft Airbus but if you are not able to solve this problem I want my money back.......

Regards,

Rolf 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally identified the root cause: I tested a new Aerosoft Airbus feature which flawless ran with Windows 7 and FSL Spotlight. But in Windows 10 this feature in connection with FSL Spotlight caused the crash. Aerosoft is already working on a solution. Thanks. 

Igor Petrov
4 hours ago, Hanse said:

I finally identified the root cause: I tested a new Aerosoft Airbus feature which flawless ran with Windows 7 and FSL Spotlight. But in Windows 10 this feature in connection with FSL Spotlight caused the crash. Aerosoft is already working on a solution. Thanks. 

Hanse, could you post a link here to the discussion on Aerosoft forum? Meanwhile there's a work around for me: go to AS Airbus settings and tick the Software ECAM option (I can't remember exactly how it reads). I found this tip somewhere and no problem since then.

Sabre

Igor Petrov
2 minutes ago, Igor Petrov said:

Hanse, could you post a link here to the discussion on Aerosoft forum? Meanwhile there's a work around for me: go to AS Airbus settings and tick the Software ECAM option (I can't remember exactly how it reads). I found this tip somewhere and no problem since then.

Sabre

Lol, Lefteris Kalamaras above.

Cheers,

Sabre.

The necessary settings for Windows 10 and FSL Spotlight in the Aerosoft Airbus Configurator you will find on the "General" tab under "Performance": = "Force ECAM Sodtware Rendering" and this option has to be ticked. But I was talking about a new Aerosoft Airbus feature I am testing and which is currently not yet available to the "public" - so also the discussion is not "public" - sorry.

Regards,

Rolf

Igor Petrov
2 hours ago, Hanse said:

The necessary settings for Windows 10 and FSL Spotlight in the Aerosoft Airbus Configurator you will find on the "General" tab under "Performance": = "Force ECAM Sodtware Rendering" and this option has to be ticked. But I was talking about a new Aerosoft Airbus feature I am testing and which is currently not yet available to the "public" - so also the discussion is not "public" - sorry.

Regards,

Rolf

Ok, test it out well then.

Regards,

Igor