This is a freeware Lua script, which automatically plays the callouts you would hear from the
pilot monitoring (PM) in an Airbus flight deck during takeoff and landing (including rejected
takeoff, go-around and touch-and-go).
It can be used together with the A319, A320 and A321 add-ons.
Questions and discussion:
Note: (bad performance in videos may come from recording, in-sim performance was good)
- Please follow the included readme.
What it does:
- The script runs automatically upon loading the FSLabs Airbus (if FSUIPC profiles are set up correctly).
- Upon advancing the thrust levers for takeoff, the PM will open the PERF page on his MCDU, allowing the script to fetch the takeoff speeds.
- The following callouts are included:
# Takeoff: FLEX SET / TOGA SET, 100 KNOTS, VEE ONE, ROTATE, POSITIVE CLIMB, CLIMB SET
# Landing: SPOILERS, REVERSE GREEN, DECEL, 70 KNOTS
# Gear confirmation: GEAR UP, GEAR DOWN
# Flaps confirmation: FLAPS UP, FLAPS 1, FLAPS 2, FLAPS 3, FLAPS FULL
# Special: STOP (rejected takeoff), STAND UP, GO (touch-and-go)
- The script recognizes the phase of flight to play the correct callouts. Multiple legs are possible.
- The fetching of the MCDU V-speeds is the work of @Peter Pukhnoy. Huge thanks to him for his contribution to this project.
- The free Lua socket library is made by Diego Nehab. It is available at https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket .
- Free TTS sounds included in this package are recorded from ttsmp3.com (British English / Brian).
- Included UK real voice pack was recorded by @Nick Kidd. Thank you!
- Registered version of FSUIPC is REQUIRED!
- This was only tested on Prepar3D 4.x, FSUIPC5 and together with the FSLabs A320X addon (A319, A320 and A321).
This script is free software. It comes without any warranty. Use this at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything you do with it, or for any possible damage that comes out of using it.
You can modify the script for your own personal use, but I ask you to refrain from redistributing it without my permission. Thank You.