Is P3D and FsLabs still in development ?

Danny Krautwurst

Danny Krautwurst

Nothing really works with P3D since MSFS. :(:wacko:

Does anyone have this regarding info? Or can I calmly reinstall my system together with P3D or that P3D will soon receive an update ? -_-

Jose Rodrigues

A few days ago when I finished assembling the new computer (except for the GPU) I also had the same doubt but I installed Prepar3D and all the stuff I need.

If there is v6 I will not upgrade until I have guarantees that everything I use is compatible. If not, I'll stick with 5.3...

I'll try to take advantage of the ecosystem while I can, trying my best to avoid migrating to the pretty but """"problematic"""" MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Norman Blackburn

Having MSFS installed will not affect your P3D.  

I have FSX and MSFS installed, along with P3D v3, 4. & 5.  As well as these I have DCS, xplane and another sim installed.  

They all work fine. 

• Like 1
  • Norman Blackburn changed the title to Is P3D and FsLabs still in development ?
Danny Krautwurst

@Jose Rodrigues

Yes, that is exactly my question too! I just upgraded from a SATA SSD to an M2 PCI3 SSD because of a cheap BlackFriday deal. Now I'm wondering if it's worth installing Windows and P3D on the new M2 now. -_-

@ All

It's a pity that no one has any information as to whether P3D is still being worked on or not :(

2 hours ago, Danny Krautwurst said:

t's a pity that no one has any information as to whether P3D is still being worked on or not :(

It’s already been like 99.99% confirmed that V6 is entering or has already entered testing

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr

I recently watched a video and a real pilot accompanied the flight with the MSFS fenix
he makes training video on youtube

In his opinion, the MSFS still has serious problems, especially with realism, weather, etc.

He also criticized the Fenix, but that can also be due to the MSFS, there are simply limits

So I'm definitely sticking with the Prepar3d and only have the MSFS on the SSD for test purposes
since my graphics card 3080 with 10 GB is also running to the limit

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there no way that FSLabs could put out a monthly bulletin/newsletter like most developers do? Feel like the end user isn't valuable to the company until they are trying to sell the latest aircraft! 
Would be great to get an idea of the stages of development, we are really in the dark and super keen to know how things are progressing!

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Barny Nash said:

Is there no way that FSLabs could put out a monthly bulletin/newsletter like most developers do? Feel like the end user isn't valuable to the company until they are trying to sell the latest aircraft! 
Would be great to get an idea of the stages of development, we are really in the dark and super keen to know how things are progressing!

Hi Barny,

Whilst you say most, I would counter that the reality is its very few.   If you have some figures to state otherwise please lets see them.

Our customers are very central to us.  Just like each and every customer, we are first and foremost simmers.  I would hazard that this is true for most developers.  As such, we are just as keen as you guys to see things come to the fore however we have to also balance this with the need to retain what features etc we are working on so that they are as unique as possible at the time of release.

Looking at the car industry for example, we my have an interest in the next model from a manufacturer. 

They may, or may not have made any announcement about said model. 

The customer searches the internet and reads every car magazine known to try and steal a glimmer of information or better still, a picture of it out on a road test.

Sound familiar? 

Don't know where you are from, Barny, but as Aaron Rogers, the great quarterback of the Green Bay Packers, said a couple of years ago:  Relax.

It will be here when it is ready.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bob Zolto said:

Don't know where you are from, Barny, but as Aaron Rogers, the great quarterback of the Green Bay Packers, said a couple of years ago:  Relax.

It will be here when it is ready.

But wasn't it Aaron Rogers who also said, "When is FSL releasing the NEO for MSFS?"

• Haha 2
Ben-Luca Koerber
7 hours ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

I hope that we will fly a FSLABS A320 Prepar3d Neo before Christmas.
My credit card is waiting to be used .

Ehm, one of the most unrealistic hopes I heard in the last days ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thierry Nguepdjo
On 12/16/2022 at 4:43 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Barny,

Whilst you say most, I would counter that the reality is its very few.   If you have some figures to state otherwise please lets see them.

Our customers are very central to us.  Just like each and every customer, we are first and foremost simmers.  I would hazard that this is true for most developers.  As such, we are just as keen as you guys to see things come to the fore however we have to also balance this with the need to retain what features etc we are working on so that they are as unique as possible at the time of release.

Looking at the car industry for example, we my have an interest in the next model from a manufacturer. 

They may, or may not have made any announcement about said model. 

The customer searches the internet and reads every car magazine known to try and steal a glimmer of information or better still, a picture of it out on a road test.

Sound familiar? 

Keeping your features hidden so as to make sure they are unique to your product is one thing. The complete lack of any information from you guys is another. There has to be some middle ground, no? What was so dangerous from a company standpoint about saying whether or not you were developing for MSFS? Seems like it took forever to get that basic information. Take the A330 for example. Is it really so dangerous to say which one you are doing? -200,-300, which engine variants, etc? That seems basic and updates with information about these things would go a long way with your customers. We're not asking you to provide the frequent, long updates that PMDG does but again there has to be some middle ground.

Norman Blackburn
7 minutes ago, Thierry Nguepdjo said:

The complete lack of any information from you guys is another.

And yet we released some info and screenshots for our Concorde just a few days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Thierry Nguepdjo
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

And yet we released some info and screenshots for our Concorde just a few days ago.

Yes, that is true. And it did not go unnoticed by those waiting for that product. I'm just saying in general, and in my opinion, more communication more often would be better. For me, I'm looking forward to the 330!

Norman Blackburn

Following the Concorde post just before Christmas its fair to say the question was answered. As such the thread is now closed.

• Like 1
  • Norman Blackburn locked this topic