AMD announce new processors

Ray Proudfoot

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Rob. You would hope that when spending this amount of money people would do their research.

Once P3Dv3 is removed that will free up a fair bit of space and then I’ll have just P3Dv5 installed with all associated software. There’ll be plenty of space for ORBX GB scenery if required.

Chillblast are doing the build but I’ll mention your advice. They’ll probably realise what has to go where when they build it.

I appreciate the offer but Pete would need persuading and he doesn’t seem keen.

Ray Proudfoot

You’ve seen his cockpit. He had to hire local muscle to get the various bits up the stairs and then it was assembled possibly by PFC people. It’s lasted well. Sadly no chance of a Concorde one. You would have to move over here as first officer and I’d do the FE job. :D

I find thorough planning and research pays off but I’m very grateful to you for your expert guidance. Once Concorde is released I’ll place my order and then things get exciting. :D

Ray Proudfoot

Looks like you need to book some time off Rob. v6 inbound early July.

I wonder how the recommended specs will differ from v5.

Ray Proudfoot
15 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

LM terrible at PR, I could and have made much better videos than what they presented for V6.

I said exactly the same about v5. Waiting for FSL to state their intentions on v6 Concorde compatibility.

17 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

LM terrible at PR, I could and have made much better videos than what they presented for V6.

You'll need more than a XBOX :D

Better get your PC ordered ASAP.

Cheers Rob

Dropping thousands of dollars for a sim that isn't even out yet and that FSL hasn't committed to seems like bad advice. 

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Alex Pugh said:

Dropping thousands of dollars for a sim that isn't even out yet and that FSL hasn't committed to seems like bad advice. 

My existing PC is coming up to five years old this autumn. v6 has nothing to do with my decision to buy a new system especially when I have a buyer for my existing one. I’d be perfectly happy running v5.3HF2 with it.

Rob has been extremely helpful in helping me decide on components.

Ray Proudfoot
9 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Are you using TOGA Projects?  Highly recommend, I need to post my ENVSHADE and ENVPLUS profile/settings for P3D V5.x.

No Rob. Tried a freeware package a few years back but the colours were awful and I didn’t have the skill or patience to correct it.

Everything on hold until I know if I’ll be going to v6.

klaus legrand
On 6/29/2023 at 11:40 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Are you using TOGA Projects?  Highly recommend, I need to post my ENVSHADE and ENVPLUS profile/settings for P3D V5.x.

Can you share by any chance?