Lights in External

Marvin Toepfer

Marvin Toepfer

Great Job FSLabs, I love the updated Flight controls and the cabin lighting, especially the immersion effects when flying through clouds.
But what happened to the landing lights? They do not illuminate the belly of the aircraft anymore...and unfortunately, the wing lights weren't fixed =/ they are too bright. And of course, the landing lights should light up the engines as well.
Do you plan to fix this with the next update as well?

Regards,
Marvin

Lefteris Kalamaras

The wing lights issue will be corrected once I have found time to update Spotlights to fix a bug with lights falling on bump mapped polygons.

(In plain words - it's not the A320-X's fault - it's the Spotlights' fault ;) ).

• Like 2
Tim Vancauwenbergh

The landing lights only illuminate the first part of the belly and not the complete front part as the previous version did. The lights hang UNDER the wing with a little down pitch. You can clearly see it here: 

They also illuminate the sides of the engines but NOT the complete front underside!

The problem I have is that I do not have a tail NAV light. All other lights / nav lights are working except for that one... DX10 with fixer re-run

2 minutes ago, keukenrol said:

The problem I have is that I do not have a tail NAV light. All other lights / nav lights are working except for that one... DX10 with fixer re-run

When are you looking for the NAV light working? On the ground?

Andrew Wilson
5 minutes ago, keukenrol said:

The landing lights only illuminate the first part of the belly and not the complete front part as the previous version did. The lights hang UNDER the wing with a little down pitch. 

As I said - we're working on this. 

The landing lights on the real one only illuminate under the wing. They do not illuminate the belly as in the previous version. 

• Like 1
Tim Vancauwenbergh
4 minutes ago, Karl Brooker said:

When are you looking for the NAV light working? On the ground?

Both on the ground and in the air, the TAIL NAV light is off. I noticed it when powering him up from cold and dark but it did not turn on in any phase of the flight.

EDIT: Thanks Andrew for the quick reply on this!

Just now, keukenrol said:

Both on the ground and in the air, the TAIL NAV light is off. I noticed it when powering him up from cold and dark but it did not turn on in any phase of the flight.

Ok, well the LOGO light will only operate with flaps extended or Main Landing Gear compressed, so they turn off as soon as you set flaps 0 - if you've checked in the cruise, it is correct that you won't see them.

Can you please turn on ALL lights (WING, LDG, TAXI, NAV etc) and show us a screenshot at night?

Tim Vancauwenbergh
16 minutes ago, Karl Brooker said:

Ok, well the LOGO light will only operate with flaps extended or Main Landing Gear compressed, so they turn off as soon as you set flaps 0 - if you've checked in the cruise, it is correct that you won't see them.

Can you please turn on ALL lights (WING, LDG, TAXI, NAV etc) and show us a screenshot at night?

I am not talking about the LOGO light on the tail, I am talking about the WHITE NAVIGATION light next to the strobe light on the APU exhaust :). I will post a screenshot tonight when I am home. Thanks for the support!

Tim Vancauwenbergh
16 hours ago, snowflake172 said:

fsl320-2016-dec-16-002.jpg

fsl320-2016-dec-16-003.jpg

fsl320-2016-dec-16-004.jpg

The last screenshot here CLEARLY shows the WHITE TAIL NAV light not being on while the wing NAV lights are on!