FSX-SE Crash-to-Desktop on Launch w/ Reshade

Jonathan Fong

Jonathan Fong

I just installed ReShade v3.0.5 and have been experiencing crashes with FSLSpotlights installed. When Spotlights is uninstalled, ReShade works fine; when it is, FSX crashes on the splash screen and disappears from the task bar before getting to the selection menu. Please help. The version of Spotlights I am trying to install is v1.0.0.25. I am using DX10 with v3.1 of Steve's Fixer.

Jonathan Fong

Okay, I uninstalled ReShade and installed SweetFX instead. Now FSX starts fine, but I get a 'FSLSpotlights did not initialize correctly' warning just before getting to the menu screen. Any suggestions?

Jonathan Fong
7 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Do me a favor, uninstall FSLSpotlights completely, then reboot, then install v1.0.0.25. See if that works and let me know.

Nope, didn't work. Error message still appears.

Jonathan Fong
3 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

How long does it take before your simulator comes up? Do you have any add-ons that cause a long delay (i.e. Ultimate Traffic, etc)?

I have the IVAO MTL installed, but I've deactivated its entry in my fsx.cfg file and the error still occurs. Without the IVAO MTL, FSX loads in 39 seconds (well, it takes about that long to get to the error screen before it CTDs). As a side note, the sim loads fine if SweetFX is totally disabled (I remove the dxgi.dll and d3d9.dll files).

Lefteris Kalamaras

It's not the dxgi.dll that I need, but rather to figure out why ReShade 3.0.5 isn't working on your end - that's the one that's latest and the one we should strive to get working.