Spotlight Error After installing New Version

Aaqib Afzal

Hi

I currently have installed Spotlights v1.0.0.22. This version seems to be working fine for me with FSX and the A320-X

However, today i tried to update spotlights to the latest version build .25 but i keep getting the following error. I have tried build .23,.24,.25 all seem to give me the same error upon starting fsx. If i uninstall and and install build 22 everything is normal and works normal.

Appreciate some help

Untitled.jpg

Lefteris Kalamaras

You installed that MSVC2005 redistributable and you're still having this error?!

Also- you see that the problem is, you cannot start fsx.exe - not Spotlights related, really...

Yes, I first un-installed everything as the post suggested, rebooted, then re-installed from FSX DVD as i have the DVD Edition and not steam. Then did a windows update and updated to latest and when i tried to fire up FSX the posted error pops up.

I cannot start FSX after spotlights update to the latest version or any version after v1.0.0.22. If i uninstall and reinstal the old version FSX starts fine but if i update to the new version fsx does not start and pops up with the above error

Hi

Just to report back.

Yes even with the dll.xml edit disable it gives the same error.

I managed to do something..after installing v1.0.0.22 i ran fsx with all my add-ons for a while doing a few flights. Then installed v1.0.0.25 and now it seems to be working. This only seems to be a workaround for me incase i remove this or have to re-install the new version for some reason i presume that error would come up again.

Sorry for the late response had to test and be sure with all possibilities thus i arrived to that workaround

To be honest the issue started only after FSLSpotlights update was installed, there was no other changes i made to the sim. Maybe if you really need to check i can give you a remote session to show you exactly what i mean...blaming the product and reporting an issue are two different things...my concern was to report a problem not blame

Lefteris Kalamaras

I understand what you mean, however an MFC80.DLL error would not be related to anything we use (it's a Microsoft MFC library that was provided with Visual Studio 2005 - we're using 2013 and upwards).

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know, I'm having the same issue. A reboot fixes it, but not permanently.

As soon as I remove the spotlights, then FSX starts normally, and if I reinstall it again, I get the same error as in the above screenshot (and yes VS2005 is present - both 32 and 64bit is installed.

In the event viewer it shows:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: mfc120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524fabbd
Exception code: 0xc0000005, which refers to visual studio 2013,
not vs2005 as per the error.

Hi Jude,

exactly... not sure how FSLSpotlights causes this reverting back to the old seems to run FSX fine. But anyhow i got really frustrated with this problem, I completely uninstalled FSX as I had the boxed version, even now have a fresh installation of Windows and im migrating to FSX:Steam. Hopefully this problem wont occur but will definitely report back to you on this and if it fixes the problem for me

Well. I'm using FSX:SE and Windows 7 64bit SP1 and the issue is definitely reproducible.

Yesterday it worked after a reboot, (I installed spotlights in my E: drive where FSX is installed, and I will see if this helps in any way. (before, spotlights was installed in C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\***

I will let you know if this makes a difference.

Jude

No difference where I install this software. I get this error about mfc80.dll whenever spotlights is installed,but the strange thing is that vs2008 IS installed (both 32 and 64bit).

Hello Lefteris,

Try telling my computer that. This is 100% reproducible.

Install Spotlights (any version) with Windows 7 SP1 - FSX:SE error

Remove Spotlights FSX works.

Hello Lefteris,

Seems to be not accessible at the moment. Tried different browsers, and same result.

From what I can guess so far, this issue is limited to Windows 7. I can test with a Windows 10 machine to double-check.

Rodrigo Franco

I´m to try using my first time the Concorde X, followed all procedure to install, etc....

but,

I have a similar issues mentioned in this forum topic:

I am Using FSX SE and when I start my FSX from Steam I have this error: "Failed to start game (unknown error)

If i Try to use directely the FSX.exe I have the detailed errors:

(I tried using DX9 and DX10 both same issues)

- Screen error of permission issues,

Missed files:

- MSVCP80.dll

-MSVC80.dll

-MFC80.dll

If Uninstall the FSL Spotlights  v1.0.0.25 ,   then FSX starts normaly 

My System is:

Windows 10 x64 - Portuguese Language

NVidia GTX 980

FSX Steam Edition - Running DX10

Error1.PNG

Link does not work, but dependency walker shows results:

Capture.PNG

fsx.dwi 

The strange thing here is that once Spotlights is removed, the same dependency errors show.

I have nothing to loose here by reinstalling FSX as it is not my main sim.

Hi Guys

Reporting back on my latest findings

So after clean install of windows, FSX Steam (I used to be on boxed), installing all my add-on's including FSL A320 and the latest spotlights. Im now having this problem randomly. When i rolled back to v1.0.0.22 everything works just fine.

Lefteris - i always use google DNS, tried all available Microsoft fixes on this error including the one you mentioned but none of those worked with my previous boxed edition install of FSX. The only thing that fixes this problem is to remove any version of FSL Spotlights installed after v1.0.0.22.

I'll check this out too, as I removed and reinstalled FSX:SE with only A320 and Spotlights version 25. I'll let you know the result with .22
The issue seems restricted to Windows 7, as Windows 10 installs spotlights with no errors affecting FSX:SE

I can confirm that I've also experienced this problem since I installed the A320X and FSLSpotlights v1.0.0.23 back in September (using the the unlicensed version with the A320 only).  The issue is intermittent -- I normally only get the MFC80.dll error one time for every 15 times I start FSX on Windows 7... but it definitely only started occurring after the A320X/Spotlights install.  I never reported it before now because it is only a minor annoyance in my case (I did try both of the "solutions" recommended on the STEAM and Microsoft sites a while back... but the issue still remains).

with v1.0.0.26 my VC is empty with Ezdok, if i use the default fsx views it works. And then those flash screen messages such the blinking red thing on the bottom left of the screen when you pause the sim, on any in-sim text messages that pop-up on the top of the screen are all black instead of red/green

1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Can you please rerun the EZDok configurator...

Already did twice, even did a full un-install and re-installation of EZdok, but it didnt help so i just rolled back to v1.0.0.25 because i really want to fly the bird...

The constant .dll error as before has stopped but i still get it on a random basis from time to time when i fire up fsx:steam, i just keep my fingers crossed whenever i try to fire up fsx now

OK, I got to a stage where Spotlights 22 works well, and no errors, and Spotlights 26 gives the mfc80.dll popup error.

I clean reinstalled FSX deleting all the %appdata% and roaming and local files, and restarted from scratch, with only A320 and Spotlights version 22 and DX10 fixer installed.

29 minutes ago, Jude said:

OK, I got to a stage where Spotlights 22 works well, and no errors, and Spotlights 26 gives the mfc80.dll popup error.

I clean reinstalled FSX deleting all the %appdata% and roaming and local files, and restarted from scratch, with only A320 and Spotlights version 22 and DX10 fixer installed.

Jude before you install v.25 or 26 run and do a few flights with v.22 as normal, and after some use then try upgrading to the newer version. At one point this somewhat worked for me but it was just for sometime and it started again but it may work for you

It didn't work for me. The strange thing is, I have Prepar3D on the same machine, and the latest file starts with Prepar3D, but crashes FSX. Even if I try checking only Prepar3D with the patch 26, FSX crashes on start, even though I didn't install it on FSX.

Prepar3D and FSX are installed on my "E:" drive

Yes correct, i too have P3d and FSX on two different drives and theres absolutely no issue with P3D no matter which version is installed. So far my error is still random after the clean fresh installation, im not sure when it will become permanent again. until a solution is found i guess no choice but to stay at v22

• 2 weeks later...

HI all. I have stock (legacy) FSX Gold (the pack with the acceleration pack) and Win7 64x - and although FSLA320X and Spotlights (I have v25 and will not update for now) work fine for me, yes I do also have the MCF80.dll error message. And the, sometimes if I run FSX "as Administrator" and sometimes by just retrying to run normally - it works without error (sort of corrects itself). It's weird.

Lefteris Kalamaras

I know Jude is out of his homebase for a while so if someone else is willing to

1) Set up Skype / Teamviewer / Visual Studio 2015 Community edition

2) can reproduce this MFC80.dll at will

3) allow me remote access on their PC

I'd love to try to get to the bottom of this problem.

Hi Lefteris

I had the MFC80.dll issue during the weekend pop-up a couple of times when i tried to fly but it was random again on v.25, let me try updating to the latest spotlight version and try to see if i can reproduce the error to pop up on a constant basis and i will be very happy to setup a remote session for your to have a look.

I will try this out today and post back

Regards

Aaqib

On 12/30/2016 at 2:09 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I know Jude is out of his homebase for a while so if someone else is willing to

1) Set up Skype / Teamviewer / Visual Studio 2015 Community edition

2) can reproduce this MFC80.dll at will

3) allow me remote access on their PC

I'd love to try to get to the bottom of this problem.

Just tested v.27 it seems to run fsx steam fine without the mfc80.dll error with this version but i need to do some actual fully loaded flights to check and confirm since i get it on a random basis...