A340

Daniel Reber

Hey,

many of you want to have an A340 (the most especially the -500/-600) of Flightsimlabs, others don´t want to have an Airbus A340 from Flightsimlabs, the want to have An Airbus A330, A350 or A380 after finish of the A320X Family. But now I got very interested and want to know, how many of you want to have an Airbus A340. Please give a like to this message, or write, that you want to have the A340. I hope that many of you´ll read this here and give me an answer. 

Thanks in advance

Best regards:)

• Like 7

I would prefer an A350 over all other widebodies. But my guess is, the team will be busy with the A320 family for the coming YEARS (it took them 6? to release the current product for FSX alone, which is understandable). There are so many variants and features (winglet / NEO) and then we have different sim platforms too. I would not be surprised if they stick with the A320 series "forever", and I wouldn't have a problem with that. Rather do one thing right than do everything half baked. They are also aiming for commercial customers. This needs resources for sure. If they succeed, we can be more than happy, if they still deliver to the consumer market. Maybe they expand their team, who knows. I wish them all the best! 

Honestly, I don't understand how people keep on asking which model they will be doing next. I share the enthusiasm, but it simply is not the right time to ask for that kind of things.

(disclaimer: nothing but my personal view) 

• Like 4

I would imagine after they are happy with where the A320 series is the most logical step up would be the A330 series, least transition due to similar cockpits and systems. A340 would require a lot of new stuff.

G€offr€y F€rnand€z
18 hours ago, dermobb said:

But my guess is, the team will be busy with the A320 family for the coming YEARS. There are so many variants and features (winglet / NEO) and then we have different sim platforms too.  Honestly, I don't understand how people keep on asking which model they will be doing next. I share the enthusiasm, but it simply is not the right time to ask for that kind of things.

I agree. They will be busy for years with the sole 320 declinaison, for sure. There is no reason to ask which model they will be doing next. You can feel the special taste of FSL simulated models it, don't you ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would rather have an A330/A340 since that makes more sense for them to do. Give cockpit differences, it would be more logical for them to do an A350 then an A380, IMO. 

Robbie Garrett

A319, A321 and A318 first ;)

Frederic Nadot

If the A330 is launched, a Beluga XL expansion would be great.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, dharyn said:

i want an a340-300. the most beautiful and elegant one in my opinion

And A340-600. The moste beautiful aircraft in my opinion, but A343 is nice, too, as well as A340-500. But first of all there will be definitely the A321 and A319. A340 for 2020 would be great;)

Of course the A330 is a very nice and beautiful plane, but I think it wouldn´t sell so good (for first!) because Aerosoft is working on an A330. So there will be Blackbox´s and Aerosoft´s A330 as middle to good simulated aircraft. Many people will buy Aerosoft´s A330 and I red an article on flusinews.de and there were three options. 

1. I´ll buy the Fslabs A320 in the early access.

2. I´ll buy Fslabs A320 but only  in a time when it´s released.

3. Aerosoft Airbus is enough for me.

The first got 13.2 percent the second got 29.13 percent and the third got 57.67 percent.

So you can see that the most of all people stay with their Aerosoft Airbus. I´m quite sure that there would be more people staying with Aerosoft´s A330 than with the A320. Even if Fslab´s A320 is the best product on the market... Aerosoft´s products are selling better. This would also be the case with an A330. Aerosoft hasn´t got any plans to do the A340 and I think they´ll do the A380 next. And if Fslabs makes an A340 it would definitely sell very very good, because the Blackbox A340 is not enough for most of all flightsimmers;)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

And A340-600. The moste beautiful aircraft in my opinion, but A343 is nice, too, as well as A340-500. But first of all there will be definitely the A321 and A319. A340 for 2020 would be great;)

Of course the A330 is a very nice and beautiful plane, but I think it wouldn´t sell so good (for first!) because Aerosoft is working on an A330. So there will be Blackbox´s and Aerosoft´s A330 as middle to good simulated aircraft. Many people will buy Aerosoft´s A330 and I red an article on flusinews.de and there were three options. 

1. I´ll buy the Fslabs A320 in the early access.

2. I´ll buy Fslabs A320 but only  in a time when it´s released.

3. Aerosoft Airbus is enough for me.

The first got 13.2 percent the second got 29.13 percent and the third got 57.67 percent.

So you can see that the most of all people stay with their Aerosoft Airbus. I´m quite sure that there would be more people staying with Aerosoft´s A330 than with the A320. Even if Fslab´s A320 is the best product on the market... Aerosoft´s products are selling better. This would also be the case with an A330. Aerosoft hasn´t got any plans to do the A340 and I think they´ll do the A380 next. And if Fslabs makes an A340 it would definitely sell very very good, because the Blackbox A340 is not enough for most of all flightsimmers;)

FSLABS A320 has its own niche and customer base. It is more detailed and comes at a larger price. I.e. FSLABS does not need to sell the same number of copies in order to make the same amount of money. Let's assume that the price of Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 is 40EUR and the price of FSLABS A320 is 160EUR. This means that to make the same amount of money Aerosoft has to sell 4 copies while FSLABS - 1 copy. Assuming that 40% answered that they are going to buy FSLABS while 60 are going to stay with Aerosoft this means that FSLABS should sell be selling 2 copies for 3 copies of Aerosoft.

I totally do no agree that A340 is going to be sold very good. It should also be taken into account that the last new A340 was delivered to the airlines in 2012 and as far as I understand they are no longer manufactured. The total number of A340 delivered to the airlines is 377. At the same time there are 1472 orders for A330 of which 1326 aircraft are already delivered. There are already 214 orders for A330 Neo. Not to mention that there are 821 order for A350 of which 65 are already delivered, which surpass the total number of A340 deliveries by 444 units.

Another point is that it is a 4 engine aircraft and the era of 4 engine aircraft comes to its conclusion. 2 engine aircraft are more efficient for the airlines. To support this fact Boeing is considering 777-10X to compete with A380.

13 minutes ago, ai_ab said:

FSLABS A320 has its own niche and customer base. It is more detailed and comes at a larger price. I.e. FSLABS does not need to sell the same number of copies in order to make the same amount of money. Let's assume that the price of Aerosoft Airbus A320/321 is 40EUR and the price of FSLABS A320 is 160EUR. This means that to make the same amount of money Aerosoft has to sell 4 copies while FSLABS - 1 copy. Assuming that 40% answered that they are going to buy FSLABS while 60 are going to stay with Aerosoft this means that FSLABS should sell be selling 2 copies for 3 copies of Aerosoft.

I totally do no agree that A340 is going to be sold very good. It should also be taken into account that the last new A340 was delivered to the airlines in 2012 and as far as I understand they are no longer manufactured. The total number of A340 delivered to the airlines is 377. At the same time there are 1472 orders for A330 of which 1326 aircraft are already delivered. There are already 214 orders for A330 Neo. Not to mention that there are 821 order for A350 of which 65 are already delivered, which surpass the total number of A340 deliveries by 444 units.

Another point is that it is a 4 engine aircraft and the era of 4 engine aircraft comes to its conclusion. 2 engine aircraft are more efficient for the airlines. To support this fact Boeing is considering 777-10X to compete with A380.

What you seems to forget is that we are requesting an a340 for flight sim. The real life context is irrelevant here, we all know its an uneconomical plane and we all know we are living the twin engine generation. Even though the a340 has become obsolete, it would be great for simmers to learn the aircraft and live their passion. Its a great aircraft and airlines like air mauritius, air france still flies it. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, ai_ab said:

it is a 4 engine aircraft and the era of 4 engine aircraft comes to its conclusion

Hence the 747 QOTS II from PMDG. :D

As dharyn wrote, it is a flightsim, not real life.
We still fly DC-6s, 737-200s, DC-10s, MD-11s, Tu-154s, whatever.
And... I love it!.

BTW I love A340 (especially -300 and -500) too.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Hence the 747 QOTS II from PMDG. :D

As dharyn wrote, it is a flightsim, not real life.
We still fly DC-10s, MD-11s, Tu-154s, whatever.
And... I love it!.

Of course all these aircraft are nice, interesting and there will always be people who would like to use them. I agree that this this a flight sim and not a real life, however, the developers should assess the potential number of copies they can sell.

Sure PMDG has just released 747QOTS II, this is extensive modification of a 747 they have released earlier, i.e. they had a base to start from. Also there were almost 700 747-400s sold, and there are 138 747-8I/F ordered, of which 110 are delivered. This is more than two times more than A340s. I'd also note that the number of 747-8F sold surpasses the number of 747-8I.

At the same time there is another example related to PMDG. They have released MD11 for FS 2004, however, as far as I understand they did no update it for FSX. According to the information that I found in the Internet it is related to the fact that the number of copies of MD11 sold was below the expectations set by PMDG.

Do not worry about developers' decisions, my friend. They know what they are doing.
And if they happen to make decisions which go below their expectations, this is part of (each) business.

Taking about the base to start from: what could be a better base for A340 than A320 which also in real life started the modern Airbus series?
I see FSLabs to have a high chance to become for Airbus simulation what PMDG is for Boeing simulation. What A2A is for GA.

In favour of us all! ;)

1 minute ago, Rafal said:

Do not worry about developers' decsions, my friend. They know what they are doing.
And if they happen to make decisions which go below their expectations, this is part of (each) business.

Taking about the base to start from: what could be a better base for A340 than A320 which also in real life started the modern Airbus series?
I see FSLabs to have a high chance to become for Airbus simulation what PMDG is for Boeing simulation. What A2A is for GA.

In favour of us all! ;)

I was waiting for the Airbus of the same quality as PMDG aircraft for quite some time. Sure it would be nice if FSLABS would occupy the market niche similar to the one taken by PMDG. At the same time I understand that FSLABS need at least a year to fix major and most of the minor bugs and expand the functionality (SP1). I am not considering Pro version here.

I think that it is pretty common that about 5-6 years are required to develop a new aircraft from scratch. FSLABS team is not that large, so I think they are going to be focused on finishing the development of A320 family and variants before starting the development of a different aircraft. So I would no expect the release of the next aircraft until 2023.

14 minutes ago, ai_ab said:

FSLABS team is not that large

I am not sure on the exact number of the PMDG team but the FSLabs one looks quite plentiful (beta testers not included in both cases). ;)
http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/about-us/

I think that it is pretty common that about 5-6 years are required to develop a new aircraft from scratch

I guess it all depends. According to Robert R. the QOTSII took 3.5 years. Made from scratch.
The Aerosoft A330 has a chance to be born in 1 year or so.
Of course the FSL A320 took as much as it took for reasons I do not exactly know. I may guess.

I think they are going to be focused on finishing the development of A320 family and variants before starting the development of a different aircraft.

Of course. That's what they said, so I don't hold my breath for widebodies either. ;)

Just now, Rafal said:

I am not sure on the exact number of the PMDG team but the FSLabs one looks quite plentiful (beta testers excluded in both cases). ;)
http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/about-us/

Someone within the last week has posted here on the forums that PMDG has a larger team providing the numbers.

And I'd add that as LM are probably going to release a 64-bit P3D this year the developers will have to spend time on making their products compatible with the new version of the flight sim.

6 minutes ago, ai_ab said:

as LM are probably going to release a 64-bit P3D this year the developers will have to spend time on making their products compatible with the new version

This is what makes me happy and worried at the same time.

I am still on FSX but I consider going P3D. However I may wait for 64-bit (so far I found not enough reasoning behind the switch). 64-bit is something!
But, on the other hand, I suspect I will have to spend so much money for repurchases (e.e. from PMDG, Active Sky, etc) that my wife will file for divorce. :wacko:

All the same, let's not go off topic.
A340 is a fantastic bird, did I say it yet?

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, ai_ab said:

Of course all these aircraft are nice, interesting and there will always be people who would like to use them. I agree that this this a flight sim and not a real life, however, the developers should assess the potential number of copies they can sell.

Sure PMDG has just released 747QOTS II, this is extensive modification of a 747 they have released earlier, i.e. they had a base to start from. Also there were almost 700 747-400s sold, and there are 138 747-8I/F ordered, of which 110 are delivered. This is more than two times more than A340s. I'd also note that the number of 747-8F sold surpasses the number of 747-8I.

At the same time there is another example related to PMDG. They have released MD11 for FS 2004, however, as far as I understand they did no update it for FSX. According to the information that I found in the Internet it is related to the fact that the number of copies of MD11 sold was below the expectations set by PMDG.

I think you won´t get it. As a few of us mentioned: It´s not real life. When there is a plane with 200 orders and another plane with 1000 orders it could also be the case that the 200-order-plane is more wanted. Why do you talk about deliveries? A340 is a big milestone. It´s an ultra long haul airplane and it would be a very very big challenge for Fslabs but I´m sure that they would be able to get an A340 simulated as good as an A320 even if it costs 250 Euros in the end. Fact is that many flightsimmer would really love to see an A340. But there is no doubt that most of all would really like to see an A380 or A350 before any A340 type. But I think ,even if Fslabs is profis, what they definitely are, thet Fslabs can´t get an A380 or A350 simulated as good as an A320 if they won´t do a stop, which means A340. 

3 minutes ago, Rafal said:

This is what makes me happy and worried at the same time.

I am still on FSX but I consider going P3D. However I may wait for 64-bit (so far I found not enough reasoning behind the switch). 64-bit is something!
But, on the other hand, I suspect I will have to spend so much money for repurchases (e.e. from PMDG, Active Sky, etc) that my wife will file for divorce. :wacko:

All the same, let's not go off topic.
A340 is a fantastic bird, did I say it yet?

Yes, it definitely is. 

4 hours ago, Rafal said:

More time and money for yourself. :P:blink:

• Like 1