Aircraft shaking during approach in VC

drberto

Hallo everyone.I have this problem and i would like to know if someone could help me.As i descend to approach to my destination and i am below 3000ft and airspeed is about 200kts,i set flaps to 1.Then the plane starts shaking heavily,like there are heavy crosswinds,it goes off the course,and i have to turn off AP and land it manually otherwise it crashes.Although the AP is off it still shakes but i can controll it better and land it.I tried with flaps to 0,but still the same.I also tried with AS16 and without AS16 and fsx fine wather, but still the same.This problem occurs only when i am on VC.If i try the approach from the 2D cockpit,everything goes fine,no shakings,easy landing.I have low fps (10-20 in VC,around 30-40 in 2D cockpit) but i don't consider this as the problem,because the whole flight runs smoothly,except this phase of approaching and only in VC.I am on AMD A8-6600K OC to 4.1GHz and GTX950.Any ideas?

Dennis Beermann

Sometimes i´ve the problem, that the Airplane begins to tremble in the final app phase. Don´t know the reason for this because it don´t come from the weather or other things...

Georgios Adamopoulos

I also have this problem from the very beginning. And furthermore the ils and g/s fishing. Please bear in mind that I know how to fly the bus.

The aircraft was unusable until I "played" a little with the parameters for the ailerons effectiveness, ailerons for spoilerons and elevator trim effectiveness

as an experiment. No miracles but for now I can fly the bus quite stable until around om then I have to hand land only.

4 hours ago, Lauri Sivuoja said:

Could someone capture this on a video?

Here it is https://youtu.be/bEooPJUtDzk.You can see that shakings start at the last left turn,just before Intercepting point,as the final approach begins.When i change it to 2D cockpit,shaking stops.Back in VC it starts again.I have faced more severe shakings than these in this video,but you can have a taste of what the problem is.

Antonis Kastrinakis
1 hour ago, cgentil said:

Something FPS related. Low FPS and this happens.

Under 10fps (more like between 4-6)? That is an issue. Berto, do you have any other processes running in the background that could be impacting your frames so severely? Such as an automatic background defrag or an update(s) service (iTunes, Google etc)? Antivirus?

I have never experienced such low frames and my rig isn't exactly a powerhouse (i5 3570K - oc to 4.2, 8GB ram, GTX670 - 2GB, Win7 Pro 64bit). Check your Services and Startup (msconfig) or use Sysinternals. Kill any process that isn't necessary for FSX to run (hint: hide all the MS processes first).

The VC option is definitely more demanding than the 2D alternative. I'm wondering whether the cpu has anything to do with this as I'm not familiar with the performance of AMD cpus in FSX and a complex add-on such as the FSL bus.

6 hours ago, Alpha_floor said:

Under 10fps (more like between 4-6)? That is an issue. Berto, do you have any other processes running in the background that could be impacting your frames so severely? Such as an automatic background defrag or an update(s) service (iTunes, Google etc)? Antivirus?

I have never experienced such low frames and my rig isn't exactly a powerhouse (i5 3570K - oc to 4.2, 8GB ram, GTX670 - 2GB, Win7 Pro 64bit). Check your Services and Startup (msconfig) or use Sysinternals. Kill any process that isn't necessary for FSX to run (hint: hide all the MS processes first).

The VC option is definitely more demanding than the 2D alternative. I'm wondering whether the cpu has anything to do with this as I'm not familiar with the performance of AMD cpus in FSX and a complex add-on such as the FSL bus.

I tried killing everything unecessairy from the background,even stopped antivirus,but still fps varied from 7 to 14 in VC at the same part of route as in the video,and shakings repeated.I will try also to set to minimum the settings and do again the approach..But during the whole flight i encounter low fps that drop a little more as the plane banks more,but without shakings,except the approach phase.

I tried with everything set to minimum,but almost nothing changed in fps,maybe 1-2 fps more.Anyway,i found a way to land it without shakings.I change it to 2D cockpit a little before the last turn that leads to the final approach and i change it back to VC a little after that last turn,when it is on straight line.So it doesn't shake and it lands smoothly with ILS(or even without it).It seems that the combination turning+low altitude+low speed (+ or - flaps) gives that shaking problem to me.

Antonis Kastrinakis

That's a workaround (and not a really satisfactory one either). You should be able to use the VC throughout the whole flight without issues.

I hate to say this but have you considered a re-installation of the Bus? If I remember correctly, when I installed the 320X it took me over an hour since I was following each step very closely. And after every step I would restart my computer just to be sure that Windows was writing files to their correct place (dll's etc). Having SSDs makes this a painless process. I had my browser open on my second computer and kept referring to the installation instructions plus the issues and solutions offered after it was made available to us all (not just the early adopters). There are a number of files that have to be installed in your system before even trying to install the Bus.

That being said, I too would really like to hear from any of the devs/tech gurus of FSL what they think might be causing the issue. Personally, I've had a few minor problems that I took care of with help from this forum. I have not looked back and I'm using this add-on almost exclusively.

Καλημέρα!

peter kelberg

Now  i  got  the  same  issues   as  the above posters, using  vc   hopefully  it  will disappear happened  now  the last 2  flights usually   when entering the  approach phase

Peter Pukhnoy
17 minutes ago, Manu96 said:

Sometimes I also experience this issue, despite my FPS are steady 20+, but it is not as heavy as in the video.

The ailerons start to flicker seeming like the FCDC is overreacting.

Same here.

38 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

The ailerons flickering has been discussed before - and is fixed for the next update. Search is your friend ...

Yeah this topic was started by me .. I should have added it to my post ..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Peter Pukhnoy

The shaking that I've seen happens during approaches when I fly them manually. I flew a pattern and tried to record the approach but there wasn't any shaking, so I just continued flying around doing random turns and I managed to capture one occurrence (01:41). The airport is Tromso, weights are default, weather is AS16 at 10:30 UTC.

Antonis Kastrinakis
11 hours ago, Yolo Swaggins said:

I managed to capture one occurrence (01:41).

I replayed this at least five times and couldn't see anything that even remotely resembles Drberto's issue. You seem to have the very common FSX micro-stuttering which would be expected when flying so low and fast over fairly dense scenery (especially with such a complex panel as the FSL 320).

Peter Pukhnoy
21 minutes ago, Alpha_floor said:

I replayed this at least five times and couldn't see anything that even remotely resembles Drberto's issue. You seem to have the very common FSX micro-stuttering which would be expected when flying so low and fast over fairly dense scenery (especially with such a complex panel as the FSL 320).

Did you start playing the video at 01:41? That is the only moment in the video where the shaking occurred.

Nikolay Efimov

If you look at the ECAM F/CTL page, do ailerons seems to move rather aggressively during shaking? I've noticed that at slow speeds, control surfaces move very nervously, wondering if the shaking is caused by the FBW.  

18 hours ago, Alpha_floor said:

It is clearly visible and it's not stuttering. Watch the video again :)

Cheers.

Michael Avallone

I have a violent swaying in the VC with EZDOK DHM options enabled...  

Sometimes it goes nuts on the ground as well when I release the brakes.. I have to restart ezdok for my camera to work right again.

FPS does not matter for my problem, even happens at 30FPS

Antonis Kastrinakis
7 hours ago, domukas777 said:

It is clearly visible and it's not stuttering. Watch the video again :)

You guys clearly have better eyes than I do! LOL. Still can't see anything that even remotely resembles the horror story the OP is facing.

5 hours ago, mike10 said:

I have a violent swaying in the VC with EZDOK DHM options enabled...

I use the Opus camera option (not their weather engine, since I use ASN) and apart from the slight juddering when the aircraft starts to move on the ground (from a full stop and stops after the gs climbs to over 2kts - which also happens with Opus turned off -) I have no problems with the shaking described here. Maybe EZDOK doesn't play well with the FSL built-in motion animation?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My Bus also "shakes" sometimes, I don't use any addons like Ezdok etc..., My frames are between 20-30 on average. I suspect active sky addon, because I don't use FSL recomended active sky setup. I'm using AS2016. So maybe you should check your weather addon.

Rado

I have the same issue, my FPS are normally between 20 and 23 on average and suddenly they decrease below 7 FPS. When this situation happens, like Doctor Berto´s video, but in my case, the aircraft VC starts shaking in every flight phase.

Thank you in advance if you have an answer for this problem. 

My PC Specs: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 750TI FTW 2GB DDR5 | 12GB DDR3 | x2 Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB | Windows 10 Pro | Active Sky Next | FSX Steam Edition.

IMG_09122016_181338.png

IMG_09122016_181700.png

• 2 weeks later...

After installing the newer version (1.0.1.184) the problem seems to be solved.I can do the whole flight in VC without problems.I have no more shakings and i thing that now i get a few more FPS,without any changes in my PC or in settings.

Antonis Kastrinakis

Udit, can you check that your Affinity Mask settings are correct. I had this issue after updating but discovered that because I had played around with DX10 (free version of the fixer) it somehow messed up my fsx.cfg file. I deleted it, allowed FSX to rebuild it (as well as the Shaders cache) and then added a few items including the Affinity Mask. Bingo, no more stutters or very low frames. Here is a handy calculator for the AM settings. Two modes included. Easy and Expert.

Antonis Kastrinakis

Hmm...14 sounds right for a quad core cpu (if that's what you have) unless you have hyperthreading enabled (which is not advisable for FSX). Also check that your nVidia profile settings are as per FSL recommendations. One of the beta testers (I believe it is Lauri) had posted his own .nip files (both for dx9 and dx10) in an older post. Worst case scenario, delete your fsx.cfg file and your shaders and let FSX rebuild them (back them up first) and see whether that helps. And make sure you have the latest version of Spotlights installed.

Happy New Year to you and hope you get it sorted!