ADR 1+2+3 Fault: Overspeed, Rudder and Back Up Nav.

Ignacio Allende C.

Ignacio Allende C.

Everything performs really well until you have to configure for landing, no matter what speed you do set flaps an overspeed warning triggers continually as long as slats/flaps are not at 0. I followed the procedure and configured at the bottom of the green scale on the BUSS, actually at around 190kt with 7ºAOA and GW 64T.

At landing rollout I noticed I had no rudder control. Restarted the scenario, took off, set again the three ADRs to off and again I did not have rudder control. Pedals do move on input though.

Will you implement the use of BACK UP NAV?

It is not my intention to squeeze every bit of reality of this Sim (though I'll take a look for curiosity) but to be aware of its limits, its bugs, or my personal lack of knowledge.

Have a nice day.

Before configuring

2016-10-14_13h55_36.png

Right after setting Flaps 1

2016-10-14_13h56_30.png

Konstantinos Kioussis

Unfortunately BACK UP NAV is MSN specific ( actually MCDU vendor ) and the one we modeling does not have it. It might be added as a configuration option in later versions.

• Like 1
Frank de Witt

Nah, I meant the back up nav. I have flown Airbusses from the late eighties that also had it and always assumed it was a legal requirement when filling IFR. Never knew there are low costs that do not order this as an option. It would make the dual FMGC failure at our bi-annual sim loft mission a bit more interesting when the wx is IMC and there is no GCA approach. ;) 

• Like 1
Ignacio Allende C.

Now that's interesting, the oldest 320 I happened to lay my hands on was the msn 990 and we didn't even knew back then of back up nav existence, we only met it at new busses with new software. I'd always thought it was a rather "new" feature of enhanced software, like expanded fix info options (radius), Buss, etc. Indeed backup nav came to save as all! :D

This list at the end of QRH's is pretty interesting too, as @Konstantinos Kioussis says

image1.PNG

• Like 1