New Video Card for FSX

Manny Ortiz

About to buy a new video card (GTX 1070) and wanted to get some advice as to which 1070 model to get? I'm currently using a gtx 660 and I think it's time to upgrade. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for your reply, yes I do know that it may not help a big deal but my gtx 660 is kinda old, I ended up ordering this one

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5, RGB LED, 10CM FAN, 10 Power Phases, Double BIOS, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6276-KR

Hopefuly I can get an extra fps or two in either fsx or prepar3d

I'm getting about 40 fps outside view and around 28 to 32 fps in cockpit view at airpots like KMIA with AS16-ASCA with some precipitation. It's an awesome video card.  I was getting outside around 25 to 28 fps, and in cockpit around 18-22 fps with the GTX 660 which now I'm using to run 2 monitors, one for charts and the other one for my undocked MFD. Prepar3D

On 10/4/2016 at 9:08 AM, Manny Ortiz said:

I'm getting about 40 fps outside view and around 28 to 32 fps in cockpit view at airpots like KMIA with AS16-ASCA with some precipitation. It's an awesome video card.  I was getting outside around 25 to 28 fps, and in cockpit around 18-22 fps with the GTX 660 which now I'm using to run 2 monitors, one for charts and the other one for my undocked MFD. Prepar3D

I'd overclock your CPU a little more, try 4.7 or 4.8 (mine's at 4.8 1.3v with a water cooler). I'd also recommend playing around with nvidia inspector, even with P3D. The anti-aliasing options with inspector can often yield better performance with AA.

https://gyazo.com/6de761f2b8aa27c2c3fc7040b46d94a5

EDIT: If you're on P3D v3, I'd also turn bloom off. Just a personal preference mainly but I found frames could increase by as much as 3 fps in certain scenarios.

1 hour ago, 1achmed1 said:

I'd overclock your CPU a little more, try 4.7 or 4.8 (mine's at 4.8 1.3v with a water cooler). I'd also recommend playing around with nvidia inspector, even with P3D. The anti-aliasing options with inspector can often yield better performance with AA.

https://gyazo.com/6de761f2b8aa27c2c3fc7040b46d94a5

EDIT: If you're on P3D v3, I'd also turn bloom off. Just a personal preference mainly but I found frames could increase by as much as 3 fps in certain scenarios.

I will try to do that and try it with bloom off.  I also have a water cooler. Thanks for the link. (Would be nice to squeeze a few more fps)