Sign in to follow this  
rjb747400

MCP747 Virtual Serial Port Set

rjb747400

Hello and thanks for helping.

I have the Aerosoft MCP747 (USB version) and have downloaded the demo of the drivers for FSX and the 2.6 drivers for the unit it self. My problem is that I am not able to set up a virtual serial port for the unit to access.? The setup drivers and the ones I found at the following site did not work. ?I found drivers at this site http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm but they failed to work.? When I run the setup program and get to the part where I plug in the USB, it searches for the drivers in the location where the are(I Checked to make sure) and it says it cant find any drivers.? I am running FSX, PMDG 747X and Windows Vista 64.

Please Help

Robert? sad.gif

Intel C2Q Q6600 2.40GHz CPU

4.00 GB RAM

2 - GeForce 8800 GTX Ultra

2 - 150GB Raptor HD

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Robert-

our knowledge base has two articles on the MCP747 drivers - one for installation of our interface, and one FAQ, in which we have URLs for 32bit and 64bit drivers. The 64bit drivers are based on the FTDI ones, but modified to work with the MCP747 by Flight Sim Labs, Ltd.

The link to the FAQ is here.

Hope this helps!

AndyR

<P>Thank you, worked like a charm.</P>

<P>?</P>

<P>Robert</P>

I see the link is dead. Are these drivers still available?

/Andy

Lefteris Kalamaras

Check our forum downloads section :).

AndyR

Check our forum downloads section :).

Doh, Should have thought of that...

However, having istalled the 64x drivers and your PMDG app, I still can't get it to work. The MCP installs OK when you point it at the drivers, but with the PMDG 744x at LGAV I cant' get your interface to recognise any serial port. Worse, if I right click the Aerosoft device in Device manager to check to see if I can determine what port it's on, Device Manager locks up solid and I need to hit reset to reboot thee machine as it won't shut down gracefully. Any clues?

Andy

Lefteris Kalamaras

I'd say remove (and delete) all installed drivers in the Device Manager, then move it to a different port. That way, it should ask you to install the drivers anew. That should work.

Tom

Hi Lefteris,

Do you have any feel yet whether the Aerosoft MCP 747X driver might work on the upcoming PMDG 737NGX? If not will you be building a driver for it?

Hope all is well with you, it has been a while since we have conversed.

Tom Hibben

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Tom-

good to hear from you!

Once the NGX is out, we'll see how it goes...

Tom

Hi Tom-

good to hear from you!

Once the NGX is out, we'll see how it goes...

Thanks,

Tom

LongHaul

Hi Lefteris!

One year on, and the NGX is finally on finals. :rolleyes:

Just to let you know that many people will be getting excited about the prospect of interfacing their Aerosoft MCP. And PMDG are even providing an SDK to make it as easy as possible for you! :D

Best wishes,

Brian