Ezdok Fix for Freezing / not responding

Zeljko Budovic

Zeljko Budovic

This is for people who have problems with Ezdok camera - freezing or not responding to keyboard inputs after some time in flight:

Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA", right click on "EZCA.exe" and select "Properties". Go to Compatibility Tab, click on "Change settings for all users" and tick "Run this program as an administrator". Then click ok, apply, ok until you clear all windows. (not related to this problem, but it's a great thing to do with FSX.exe too)

Optional: I belive what i wrote above should be enough, but i also moved my EZCA folder out of "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder, there are some windows security issues with Program Filles folders. So, if you still get some Ezdok problems, you may try to move it out of this folder, to another drive or simple to other location in C if you have only one drive. If you do so, you need to open exe.xml(located in "C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX") with notepad and manually change path for EZCA.exe to corespond with new location, and then run config.exe once(it's located inside EZCA folder) - it will register / update components automatically, you don't need to prees anything. BTW, by doing this, my FSX starts a bit faster - becouse Ezdok starts faster in fact, and FSX is not waiting for Ezdok anymore. 

I saw a lot of posts about Ezdok problems when using complex airliners, so maybe it's going to be useful for some of you. This finally fixed Ezdok issues for me.