Jump to content

"No Answer to request" INIT F-PLAN import


Terblanche

Recommended Posts

Terblanche

What does 'NO ANSWER TO REQUEST' mean on INIT page of MCDU ...?

Everyday something new to sort out. And YES everything is setup, done, imported, saved, folder, file between PFPX and AOCService and was working fine until this morning. Nothing changed, nothing different from yesterday >>>>> back to manually enter a flightplan. This AOCService is more of a pain as a joy on my rig #justsaying

There is another link on the forum with the same question with no answer to resolve the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Link to post
Terblanche

@Check Airman - would love to see a pilot's face when he enters EDDF/LEBL and the McDoo says, "NO ANSWER TO REQUEST"  :D  and then he goes EDDF/LEMG and again the McDoo says "NATR" and then he enters EDDF/HELL and suddenly, F-PLAN LOADED.

@Tim Mitchell - no, I'm using PFPX ... that I bought specially for FSLaps A320X (another $42 from my pocket)

The fact is, and I cannot be the only one, this erratic and inconsistent behaviour of AOCService is busy getting the better of me. I know FSLaps is trying to duplicate it as close to the real thing as possible - BUT -

  1. The one moment it works perfectly and next moment with exactly the same steps, there is a 'problem' or ...
  2. F-plan is successfully imported but has different waypoints in the F-PLAN or ...
  3. At arrival the ILS is not tuned to the frequencies set in RAD/NAV page or ...
  4. A window tells you AOC has stopped working ... or
  5. No Answer To Request ... or what else irritates AOC

IMHO - let's go back to the simple FSX/P3D formula of a FLIGHTPLAN folder; F-Plans get generated with a Route Program like EFB and/or SimBrief and/or PFPX and the McDoo can import them from that folder. I think everybody will agree that this route will not take away one kilojoule of pleasure, or one millimeter of realism that you experience with this Bus.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras

Thank you for offering feedback on this.

We are aware of some difficulties with the original AOCService and we're addressing them for our next release.

In the meantime, I'd like to invite you to refrain from saying "this is much simpler, that is much simper" because the unknowns behind doing the "apparently" much simpler are such that what might look and feel "much simpler" to you would be "much more difficult" in general to do. You are actually moving the difficulty from the import mechanism coding to the export mechanism coding - nothing became much simpler.

Anyway - this discussion is not really productive, as we're addressing the AOCService issues in our next release.

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

The fact is, and I cannot be the only one, this erratic and inconsistent behaviour of AOCService is busy getting the better of me. I know FSLaps is trying to duplicate it as close to the real thing as possible

 

Yep, same problem here. After I "Print Flight Plan(OFP)" from PFPX into the -300 folder, nothing gets inserted into the MCDU. No matter how many times I press "INIT REQUEST" the same message comes up " NO ANSWER TO REQUEST " .

Link to post
Konstantinos Kioussis

NO ANSWER TO REQUEST means that AOCService can't produce a valid 424 stream for the given data/ofp supplied. In other words input is NOT in the expected form. 

Before starting, i suggest you suggest we suggest.
Can you please supply the problematic OFPs to have a look. 

Link to post
Terblanche
16 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

In the meantime, I'd like to invite you to refrain from saying "this is much simpler, that is much simper" because the unknowns behind doing the "apparently" much simpler are such that what might look and feel "much simpler" to you would be "much more difficult" in general to do.

Dzeez Lefteris, hold on to you knickers, no need to be so defensive ... I did not imply that it is simple to do, only that it should be a "simple" flightplan that can easily be imported. Any discussion on the forum is useful and not an attack on FSLabs. You've provided a great program and the praise is overwhelming positive. Thank you for the feedback that the 'AOC problems' are being addressed and we're looking forward to the next update.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras
21 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

Dzeez Lefteris, hold on to you knickers, no need to be so defensive ...

LOL - I have stopped wearing knickers a long time ago (my mom told me they looked silly nowadays). :)

No defensiveness here. Doing five things simultaneously sometimes causes more terse responses than necessary.

Link to post
peter kelberg
3 hours ago, Terblanche said:

What does 'NO ANSWER TO REQUEST' mean on INIT page of MCDU ...?

Everyday something new to sort out. And YES everything is setup, done, imported, saved, folder, file between PFPX and AOCService and was working fine until this morning. Nothing changed, nothing different from yesterday >>>>> back to manually enter a flightplan. This AOCService is more of a pain as a joy on my rig #justsaying

There is another link on the forum with the same question with no answer to resolve the problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ok  had  simliar  issues  as  you being  describing  some  times  it  works  and other  times it  doesnt   found  that could  be  a  issue  hopefully  it might  be  a heron but  give this  a try  since  now  it  has  worked  everytime  now.    start  your  sim power  up  wait  for  2  or  3  minutes   to let  things  get power  etc  turn on your 3  nav  swicthes   enter  dest  and arrival airport.    start pfpx   do everything  as normal   save  the flight plan   and  than go to the cdu  press  the init  rqrst  and hopefully  it  will work

Link to post
Terblanche

@pete_auau - okay, will give that 'route' (pun) a try ...

@Lefteris Kalamaras - :) - all is good, and I understand too well when pressure overrides pleasure. For all the effort going into the project, I think I speak for everyone if we say, "Ευχαριστώ!" 

@Konstantinos Kioussis - if you want, I will fill in the 'form' you have on the forum but here is the specific PFPX *.txt file if someone else wants to give it a try.

 

DLH2508 EDDF-LEMG (10 Sep 2016) #1.txt

Link to post
Konstantinos Kioussis

Ok, the supplied OFP is missing ALTN. There is a (logical) bug in the AOCService that rejects OFP with missing ALTN ( that is fixed for next update ). Try to add one ( even dummy for now )

  • Like 2
Link to post
Check Airman
10 hours ago, Terblanche said:

@Check Airman - would love to see a pilot's face when he enters EDDF/LEBL and the McDoo says, "NO ANSWER TO REQUEST"  :D@Tim Mitchell  and then he goes EDDF/LEMG and again the McDoo says "NATR" and then he enters EDDF/HELL and suddenly, F-PLAN LOADED.

 

 

AOC FPLN UPLINK is my second favourite scratchpad message. WIND DATA UPLINK occupies the top spot :D

  • Like 2
Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...