ILS MCDU not set PFD

Terblanche

Approaching EDDF from the South for ILS 07R via RID

ILS 110.95 is (auto) selected in NAV in MCDU but RID freq display in magenta in left corner and therefore no ILS/APPR available on PFD - nowhere was RID freq set in MCDU and FFM is both NAV 1 and 2

It's not the first time it happened and I'm baffled by the reason why?

Any ideas?

Regards

Terblanche

EDDF_RID.jpg

same problem same RWY! also in the ESSA. I check the frequency on FSX map, it is right, 110.95, same with MCDU RID NAV page and LIDO chart, but PFD is show the VOR freq. (I looked the Lido chart 112.20 RID is a VOR near the EDDF)

6 hours ago, tumtiddle said:

Check the ILS frequency for 07R in the FSX map. Is it showing 112.20? If it's not, you probably need to update your FSX NavData.

I check the FSX map, the ILS freq is right, same with the chart. The 112.20 on the PFD is a VOR, I don't know why, I select ILS Z 07R on the MCDU ARRIVAL page.1.png

Bryan Richards

Based on the screen shot it looks like you're using default scenery? If so then the ILS frequency in the default is more than likely out of date and has been changed. Solution is to either get an addon scenery, whether paid or free that has the updated frequencies, or figure out a way to get the frequency the default scenery uses and manually tune it in the RADNAV page.

@bgrade - nope, I'm using Aerosoft EDDF v2 ... could be that FSL A320X is too scared to change frequencies because if a dog farts in Bremen you'll get a OOM at this airport.

@parker0208 - you're map shows the RID frequency stuck for some reason in ILS box although NO sign of 112.20 in the NAV page of the MCDU

Not even a NAV override on the radio panel helped. Very strange indeed :huh:

O_l_i_v_e_rM_a_e_r_t_e_n_s

I had that when I loaded the FSL bus on top of itself - it happened after loading the bus in the "Fly Now!" screen, making adjustments to the scenery settings, and going back to the "Fly Now!" screen: The bus would load a 2nd time, causing the issue you are describing here.

EDIT: The same can happen if you change liveries for the FSL bus - all systems would be reloaded over themselves.

Edited by olli4740

@Lauri Sivuoja - I load FSX with TRIKE, then I select an airport, then the FSL A320 livery, as per installation instructions on the forum. If this is not the (right) way then the A320X will consistently have the problem as described in first post. The fact that it is very random, suggests something else is the problem. It only happened maybe 3 or 4 times out of probably 30 or 40 flights up to now.

29 minutes ago, Lauri Sivuoja said:

Please use the recommended way to load the A320-X and let us know if even with the correct way you are getting the issue.

yes, I load the A320-X use the way form the Basic Tutorial. I just test the EDDF 07C, same issue, STAR is KERAX 2H, and I saw FFM and RID is two VOR on the STAR, so I think the ILS radio is stuck by VOR freq, if I use ILS 07C, freq on PFD is FFM 114.20

4 minutes ago, Terblanche said:

@Lauri Sivuoja - I load FSX with TRIKE, then I select an airport, then the FSL A320 livery, as per installation instructions on the forum. If this is not the (right) way then the A320X will consistently have the problem as described in first post. The fact that it is very random, suggests something else is the problem. It only happened maybe 3 or 4 times out of probably 30 or 40 flights up to now.

Copied! Is there anything you did on these 3-4 flights that were different from the rest? Go around? Rwy change? Multiple rwy change? Did the ILS freq change to the improper one when turning for ILS or was it wrong all the time? What was your departure airport?

6 minutes ago, Lauri Sivuoja said:

Copied! Is there anything you did on these 3-4 flights that were different from the rest? Go around? Rwy change? Multiple rwy change? Did the ILS freq change to the improper one when turning for ILS or was it wrong all the time? What was your departure airport?

Nope - business as usual. This specific flight was ...

LDDU MADO4C MADOS L187 VRANA UL187 ZAG UL604 GRZ DCT SUBEN T161 PSA PSA1G EDDF

Cleared Rwy07R via RID which was already selected on the ILS/STAR/VIA ... at no point did I entered the RID freq 112.20 in the NAV page but RID was displayed on PFD

O_l_i_v_e_rM_a_e_r_t_e_n_s

Unable to reproduce, but as you mentioned, it's spurious:

EDDF 07 C.jpg

(Diverted a flight LEGR/EDDV to EDDF, making EDDF the ALTN, enabled it, chose rwy 07 C, KERAX2H, all receivers auto-tuned. As the approach took place in default scenery, no ILS signal, but the receivers worked "as advertised".)

@Konstantinos Kioussis - sorry to be a nuisance but do you think you could help us out on this one why the PFD will display an ILS freq that is not set in the RAD/NAV page ...? Or is it something you are aware of and will be addressed in an update ...?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same problem here.

First my System: FSX Gold Edition (Acceleration Pack installed included SP1 and SP2), DX10-Fixer, Win 7 64bit, FSLabs A320 X, PMDG 737 NGX, PMDG 747, PMDG JS4100, Majestic Dash 8, Aerosoft A321,A320,A319,A318 and others. Several Airports in Europe z.B. Aerosoft Zurich (LSZH) and Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt V1 (EDDF)

Hardware: Intel Core i5 4570 4x3,2 GHz, Asrock Fatal1ty B85 Killer, A-DATA 8192MB DDR3 1600 CL11 2er Kit, Asus R9 270X DC2T 2GD5.

FSX, FSC, ProATC and FSLabs A320 X have all the AIRAC 1609 from Navigraph.

Navaid Installer.jpg

My Flight from LSZH to EDDF. Flightplan from FSC FSC Flightplan.jpg

ProATC gives me the ILSZ25R for landing without Star or Transition. I put the whole Flightplan in the MCDU. Init-Page and Perf-Page I filled like Iearned in the tutoial-flight.

Short bevor decending the ND shows ILS AP and the ILS frequence in the MCDU is ok.2016-10-2_15-12-16-366.JPG

At 10000ft I activate LS and I see in the PFD there ist not the ILS freqence2016-10-2_15-29-47-482.JPG

Also in the Perf-Page the right Final is shown

2016-10-2_15-29-59-478.jpg

I put the right ILS-Data manually in the MCDU, but in the PFD there is no change.

I tried the Flight two times and I have the same Problem two times. I think there is an issue. Both times it shows in the PFD TRA 114,30 this is an VOR near from Zurich (LSZA)

But if I fly from Tunis (DTTA) to EDDF (also ILS Z25R) it was nearly ok. The ILS- Data in the PFD are ok, but I had have the zigzag-Problem. Here I think, I activated the APPR when I too far away from the airport.

Thank you for helping me.

Best regards

Dirk