[Resolved] - Unable to get the FSX window to open, lights not showing (A320X version)

Jeremias Marco Harsono

Jeremias Marco Harsono

Hello, I'm unable to get the Spotlights window to open in FSX Steam, only the manager which runs in a separate window. The window loads when loading the default ultralight but when I switch to the A320X it doesn't and and I can't get it to open through the top menu bar, clicking Spotlights from the drop down menu doesn't do anything. I'm using Windows 8.1 after a clean reinstall of Windows with no reshade. The second problem is when I try to edit the lights through the windowed manager, the lights only flicker when the slider is being moved and when it's not being moved the lights don't show in the sim. I know that Spotlights demo only works in LGAV but I bought the A320X and I think I read that full use of Spotlights is included with any FSL aircraft, in that aircraft only. I don't know if that is also a problem or it's supposed to be like, correct me if I'm wrong on the demo topic :)  Any help? Thanks

Edit: FSX Steam

Edit 2: Found another problem and edited title and description

Lefteris Kalamaras

OK-

Spotlights is free to use without a license in the following two scenarios:

1) You position your (non-FSL) aircraft at LGAV airport. This is so you can test Spotlights to see that it works for you. In this scenario, there should be a little tiny window on the bottom left of the screen which will pop up if you click on it, to control lights that you create with the Manager.

2) You use any FSL aircraft (Concorde-X or A320-X) - in which case there's NO little tiny window, as all lights are fully controllable through the aircraft's knobs and switches.

Is that clearer now?

Jeremias Marco Harsono

Ok I understand the first point, but I still can't edit the lights for the A320X through Spotlights manager. For example when I click and turn the brightness up for reading lights, it does turn on and flicker for a second in the simulator then turns off again even though it's still showing turned on in the manager. I thought only the dome lights, panel backlighting, DU lights, and the center pedestal lighting can be turned on from the cockpit while the rest is from the manager. Did I misundertand something about this? Thanks :) 

Lefteris Kalamaras

The idea is that spotlights for fsl aircraft should not be edited by users as we have already defined them in their appropriate position... 

All a320 lights can be controlled by respective knobs and switches in the cockpit. 

• Like 2