8-year CPU with performance issues

mo071299

Hello everyone,

i bought the FsLabs A320 yesterday and installed it. I experiencied very massive performance issues in the VC, although I have an I7-920, 12GB RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 660 I only have about 10-15 fps. I already set everything up so I have outside the VC about 40fps but not in the VC. Textures are on 1024. Thanks for your help.

Yes glasscockpits I followed the complete solution and it didn´t help at all.

On 1.9.2016 at 6:01 PM, Max H said:

Same here! i switched to dx 10! now it is a bit better! But yes, the bus eats a lot of resources!

By the way is your computer a laptop?

It´s a Desktop PC.

Lefteris Kalamaras

That HAS to be the funniest response I've read in a long time :).

He's asking if the computer (which is certainly a computer!) is a desktop PC or a laptop ;).

• Like 3
Lefteris Kalamaras

Well, the i7 920 is quite an old processor, for sure. It came out in the fourth quarter of 2008 (it's 8 years old now). You would really benefit from a computer system upgrade... to get 15 fps in the Virtual Cockpit is about right in fact...

3 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Well, the i7 920 is quite an old processor, for sure. It came out in the fourth quarter of 2008 (it's 8 years old now). You would really benefit from a computer system upgrade... to get 15 fps in the Virtual Cockpit is about right in fact...

Thanks for your answer. I will consider buying the I7-6700 and then flying with a good running VC.

Dan Parkin
2 hours ago, mo071299 said:

I will consider buying the I7-6700 and then flying with a good running VC.

Get a "K" so it can be overclocked (with appropriate cooling); I would recommend a minimum of 4Ghz.

While not a scientific fact a lot of the people on the forums having performance issues seem to be running CPUs around 3-3.5GHz. This has never been fast enough for FSX and frankly it's not surprising when they have issues with the FSL.

31 minutes ago, Tigh said:

Get a "K" so it can be overclocked (with appropriate cooling); I would recommend a minimum of 4Ghz.

While not a scientific fact a lot of the people on the forums having performance issues seem to be running CPUs around 3-3.5GHz. This has never been fast enough for FSX and frankly it's not surprising when they have issues with the FSL.

running my i6700k at 4.75ghz....stable, water cooled....FSX likes it a lot!

On 9/1/2016 at 4:58 PM, mo071299 said:

Hello everyone,

i bought the FsLabs A320 yesterday and installed it. I experiencied very massive performance issues in the VC, although I have an I7-920, 12GB RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 660 I only have about 10-15 fps. I already set everything up so I have outside the VC about 40fps but not in the VC. Textures are on 1024. Thanks for your help.

Just for your info I was up until recently running an i7 920 overclocked at 4ghz (for around 7 years) before I started getting issues. I clocked it back to 3.6ghz and still found performance acceptable. I could run at its default clock speed but had to dial my settings back for acceptable performance.

If you've got cooling I'd say its worth looking at overclocking, I would of thought 3.5 would be sufficient if your looking to upgrade in the next year or so.