FSLSpotlights updated to resolve dxgi.dll crash!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Guys, I thought my current nVidia driver was 376.33, at least that's what report nVidia Inspector and Device Manager\Display adapters

I have nvlddmkm.sys in LastGood\\\ folder and another 2 of them in \DriverStore \FileRepository\\\ folders.

The file in LastGood is 10.18.13.5382, NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver, Version 353.82. The other 2 in FileRepository folders are v376.33 and 376.53 respectively.

Any suggestions please? Shall I use DDU in Safe mode, clean it up there and istall  v376.33 driver from Safe Mode?

Can I delete what is in FileRository folders?

How do you find the latest nVidia driver? Does it leak, any other problems? Or 376.33 is still the best one overall?

Thanks,

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

1. Find a way that works for you to disable automatic windows updates for drivers.

See here:

2. Use DDU in safe mode and clean the system

3. When up and running, check in device manager what the status of display adapter is (shouldn't say Nvidia), and check again for nvlddmkm.sys files

4. Run windows update, make SURE that windows doesn't download the driver (check, check and re-check!)

5. Install Nvidia driver of your choice (I am using 372.20 without any problems, however not using SLI, and this is NOT a recommendation)

2 minutes ago, Kosta said:

1. Find a way that works for you to disable automatic windows updates for drivers.

See here:

2. Use DDU in safe mode and clean the system

3. When up and running, check in device manager what the status of display adapter is (shouldn't say Nvidia), and check again for nvlddmkm.sys files

4. Run windows update, make SURE that windows doesn't download the driver (check, check and re-check!)

5. Install Nvidia driver of your choice (I am using 372.20 without any problems, however not using SLI, and this is NOT a recommendation)

I know the procedure, the question is: do you find a problem in what I reported on my nvlddmkm.sys files. What is suspicious to you in particular?

Thank you very much,

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c
38 minutes ago, Sabre said:

I know the procedure, the question is: do you find a problem in what I reported on my nvlddmkm.sys files. What is suspicious to you in particular?

Thank you very much,

Well, common sense tells me that you should have only one - one driver version, one file with that version. Maybe some other files are remains of something old, maybe another device prior to the last GPU or something like that. Also when it comes to driver updates, windows might save the older driver so that you can revert in case you need.

In the end, these are things Microsoft built in to help ordinary users really. If you know how to get into Safe Mode, how to work your way around with a bootdisk (usb) etc, all you really need is a clean system without any stuff like system protection or similar. Mine are all off.

I also find one should keep it's devices in order. For instance, Device Manager not only shows your currently installed devices, but also if it had an old device, which was replaced with the new, the old device remains in the registry, along with its drivers. An easy way to clean that up is by using hidden devices ability of device manager, along with SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 command. Just sayin...

Since I started keeping my house clean (a long long time ago), I have 0-problems with my computer.

hello all !

so I am turning now under P3D V3.4.22 and I added the FSLSpotlights when I was in the V3.3 and installed the FSLabs A320X which I have a small problem in : when I would like to fly in the night there are no lights in the cockpit excepting the lights of the displays but I would like to resolve the problem of the cockpit lighting 

Any help is appreciated :)

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

hello all !

so I am turning now under P3D V3.4.22 and I added the FSLSpotlights when I was in the V3.3 and installed the FSLabs A320X which I have a small problem in : when I would like to fly in the night there are no lights in the cockpit excepting the lights of the displays but I would like to resolve the problem of the cockpit lighting 

Any help is appreciated

Not sure what this has to with the DXGI problem...
Best responses would be in the appropriate forum.
What are the installed versions of both A320 and Spotlights?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Lefteris Kalamaras I stopped getting DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error whilst loading any default aircraft by opening active sky next after the scenario has loaded, i usually have it open before i start the sim but now it works fine if i open ASN afterwards. 

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

This might be a long experience, but one thing I know, always load sim first, set time/airport, then aircraft (in the scenario screen), then load the flight, let it settle, then tools. The only tools I start before the sim, as they have nothing to do with the sim are PFPX and SimplatesX. Everything else that interacts with the sim, always after. That is my procedure when doing a flight.

However, it is not the procedure when testing, to be honest. There might have been times that I let AS16 simply run, and closed/opened P3D multiple times.

• Like 1
Bill Barrette

And also, if you open AS16 after the sim, you often get a message that says you need to close the sim and open it again for AS16 to work right. Ever seen that message?

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c
17 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

@NazDuru maybe something you want to mention to HiFiSim developers?

Lefteris, this problem is no problem really. It happens only if user install/updates AS, without starting it (prior to sim) once or twice. I am sure that is covered somewhere (installation manual or similar).

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Anil Uygun

The problem is still going on for me. I have a p3d v 3.4.22.19868 and spotlights v1.0.0.33

Can you help me Lefteris ? Maybe on the teamviewer ?

Anil Uygun

I restored p3d v 3.3.5, dxgi.dll crash solved but now after the startup (any aircraft) p3d closes automatically. If I deleted spotlights problems solved but  re-setup any version 0.22 or 0.33 still this problem.

I need previous version from 0.22. Maybe then my problem will be solved

Hi everyone,

The DXGI error is back with Nvidia Drivers 382.33.

I had to desactivate Spotlight in order to make the sim ok.

Do you plan to fix it?

Thank you

Bumblemus

Edited by Bumblemus
error while taping
Lefteris Kalamaras

Please take a look around the forums. It's not spotlights causing this issue, it happens to people who don't run it as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Please take a look around the forums. It's not spotlights causing this issue, it happens to people who don't run it as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi Lefteris,

Thank you for your answer.

I looked around and saw it is 99% related... I'll try to reinstall it now. I'll report back.

Bumblemus

Lefteris Kalamaras

If you are patient enough to read this thread, you'll see it happens to a lot of people without Spotlights.

I know it happens WITH it as well, but it's a symptom of overloading your graphics card, it's not the cause.

Gianluca Balloni

Hi guys...

DXGI problem are present after update my nvidia drivers to last version 382.33. With 382.05 no problems.

If disable fsspotlights in dll.xml...no errors. In my case the DXGI error is present when p3d finish loading, 100%...then DXGI error.

Now i downgrade to 382.05, repeat test...and no problems with fsspotlights active in xml.

Any idea for this issue with last drivers?

In my case for uninstall/install drivers, use DDU and test with fresh drivers installation. No gpu overclock for me and same settings for pc and p3d in all test.

Lefteris Kalamaras

This is an issue with NVIDIA itself as you can clearly see. Perhaps the best way would be to apply pressure on them.

João Gouveia

I also started having the DXGI error with the new nvidia driver. It was happening constantly. I just downgraded to an older driver.

• 2 weeks later...
Katja Mueller
20 hours ago, Cedric Sin said:

Same problem here, on NVIDIA 382.55. Rolling back did not solve the problem, only way is to disable Spotlight

You must rollback to 382.05 this will fix the problem.

But this is not a solution for longer time, cause I need new drivers for other games too.

K. Serhan Onur

I don't think about this error correlative to spotlight.

I use Nvidia graphic card an Evga 980 Kingpin and I use Evga Precision interface to command this card. If use (the first image) default settings or any overclock value with this GPU I have got this error every time!

But If, I decrease the value for "GPU clock speed" any value -then the default- (you can see the second image ) I never took this error.

2017-06-16.jpg

2017-06-16 (1).jpg