Jump to content

Performance Issues


Harry

Recommended Posts

someone from fslabs help mee please, my a320x is really hitting the frames alot

normally i get 20-40 but with this addon i get 5-10 help me please its too laggy to live with 

waste of 99usd ):

Link to post
Wayne Klockner
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

someone from fslabs help mee please, my a320x is really hitting the frames alot

normally i get 20-40 but with this addon i get 5-10 help me please its too laggy to live with 

waste of 99usd ):

Rather than throwing stones, please post your issue in the A320X forum and provide details on your operating system, other add ons, computer specs, etc. The attentive, responsible, and talented developers and fellow simmers will then be able to assist.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Harry said:

is it laggy for you ?

 

8 minutes ago, RudiJG1 said:

Rather than throwing stones, please post your issue in the A320X forum and provide details on your operating system, other add ons, computer specs, etc. The attentive, responsible, and talented developers and fellow simmers will then be able to assist.

 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

mine is a 12gb ram 

i7-4700hq CPU @2.40GHZ 

64bit operating system 

with Nvidia GT 750M

and i cant even steer my plane on ground its ridiculous 

Link to post
Stefan Sondermann
1 hour ago, Harry said:

mine is a 12gb ram 

i7-4700hq CPU @2.40GHZ 

64bit operating system 

with Nvidia GT 750M

With this system you won't have any fun with FSX. I overclocked mine to 4,8GHz to get a stable 30fps. As only one core is running at 100% the temp is ok.

Link to post
Bernd Schwarz
On 27.8.2016 at 2:42 PM, Harry said:

someone from fslabs help mee please, my a320x is really hitting the frames alot

normally i get 20-40 but with this addon i get 5-10 help me please its too laggy to live with 

waste of 99usd ):

Hi,

a lot of people do have frame rate issues! I remember - some weeks ago prior to the release a lot of people were asking Kalamaras about the frame rates.

The only laconic answer was:       Grrrrreat!    (Whatever he meant with this comment!)

Now people are irritated after they bought this product assuming that there were no problems with the frame rates!

Sorry Mr. Kalamaras, this kind of marketing announcement for me is simply a fairy tale!!

with regards

Bernd Schwarz

Link to post
Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

 

On 8/27/2016 at 4:54 PM, Nikola16789 said:

What did you expect with that config? It's miracle it can even load FSX.

 

On 8/27/2016 at 2:53 PM, Harry said:

mine is a 12gb ram 

i7-4700hq CPU @2.40GHZ 

64bit operating system 

with Nvidia GT 750M

 

I am sorry, but with lower settings than these I am able to fly FSX with payware scenery and PMDG planes in a relatively comfortable way.

No doubt the A320 is a very complex plane and this simulation is amazing, however something is wrong when people with high end systems need

to go for extra tweaking in order to get decent frames WITH the plane. For God's sake, even Matt Davies had to tweak the FS in order to get extra frames.

 

This plane has a pull on FPS even more noticeable than the 777, and I have to agree with Bernd : Eleftherios clearly stated on one post that the bus FPS

were GREEEAT,  I highly doubt they were not aware of the performance hit of this plane during specific phases of flight.

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, LTU101 said:

 

 

 

I am sorry, but with lower settings than these I am able to fly FSX with payware scenery and PMDG planes in a relatively comfortable way.

No doubt the A320 is a very complex plane and this simulation is amazing, however something is wrong when people with high end systems need

to go for extra tweaking in order to get decent frames WITH the plane. For God's sake, even Matt Davies had to tweak the FS in order to get extra frames.

 

This plane has a pull on FPS even more noticeable than the 777, and I have to agree with Bernd : Eleftherios clearly stated on one post that the bus FPS

were GREEEAT,  I highly doubt they were not aware of the performance hit of this plane during specific phases of flight.

 

 

I'm curious, what's your system?

And who is Matt Davies to be set as a reference? Please. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

 

Nikola,

Just to be precise, not Matt, but his computer can be set as a reference.

MAtt is broadcasting videos in a regular basis and his rig is running several kinds of addons, payware sceneries.. what have you. His machine is able to pick up a good overhead of addons and run perfectly with no frame impact. On one of his last videos, he posted a 'little' guide on the tweaks he needed to run to broadcast the A320FSL with almost no stuttering.

So if a i7 6700k has hiccups with the FSL320 .. but can handle other addons like Mega Airports, PMDG 777 Active Sky Next  and what not with no problems, then there is a clear indication that the FSL320 is NOT easy on resources, and I am sure this was spotted during betatesting, and more imporantly.. I believe it was not wise to advertise it otherwise.

 

On my case I am running a laptop, an Asus KV55M, running an ivy bridge i7 3610QM  processor (2.3 tboosting to 3.3), 8 Gigs of Ram and a Samsung 850 EVO 1TB . Nothing to be set as a reference, but I am telling you, I could pull up frames with this box up to a reasonable limits, until the FSL320 came into the game...

Link to post

I agree, the FSL320 is NOT easy on resources. At my PC it runs 10fps lower than pmdg T7, which is significant impact.

I didn't see that post by Lefteris, but I think minimum spec at product page is ridiculously low. Agree they should have made it more clear about performance.

I saw it coming with first promo videos and reviews on YT, but I'm not sure they can do better with FSX platform. What do you suggest? To disable simulated functions until they reach pmdg T7 fps?

And why is T7 a good reference? I cannot finish a flight with T7 without heavily tweaking FSX because of OOM.

Link to post
Kit Stephen Agad

Agree the FSL320 does take a big hit on performance. I'm running an i7-4790 @ 3.6ghz with 12gb of ram on a GTX745 and I get 11 frames in my home airport (Manila - RPLL by PacSim). Guess it's back to default airports for me. :(

Link to post
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
13 minutes ago, kitstephen said:

Agree the FSL320 does take a big hit on performance. I'm running an i7-4790 @ 3.6ghz with 12gb of ram on a GTX745 and I get 11 frames in my home airport (Manila - RPLL by PacSim). Guess it's back to default airports for me. :(

You need to be realistic about what you expect from your hardware. A GTX 745 its a low end card.

Link to post
Jude Bradley
4 hours ago, kitstephen said:

Agree the FSL320 does take a big hit on performance. I'm running an i7-4790 @ 3.6ghz with 12gb of ram on a GTX745 and I get 11 frames in my home airport (Manila - RPLL by PacSim). Guess it's back to default airports for me. :(

You will need to see if you can overclock your CPU. Is this the "K" version? I've mine set at 4.4Ghz with 32GB RAM and get about 21fps.

Link to post
Kit Stephen Agad
57 minutes ago, Jude said:

You will need to see if you can overclock your CPU. Is this the "K" version? I've mine set at 4.4Ghz with 32GB RAM and get about 21fps.

Not a K model unfortunately. I'm getting 25fps in small/ frame-friendly airports (not default) while taking videos for fraps. Wish it was the same case in Manila lol. Still enjoying this bird tho.

Link to post
Mykel Talab

Just a heads up, found this at Kostasworld. It may help it may not (indifferent). I am getting anywhere in the low 20s as low as low teens at one point on the ground in the Flytampa KTPA scenery at one point, but it's smooth and not stuttery. 

https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/anisotropic-filtering-conclusion/    

Cheers

Link to post
Bernd Schwarz
10 hours ago, LTU101 said:

Hi,

thanks a lot. I will try. Maybe it helps!   :-)

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

 

 

I am sorry, but with lower settings than these I am able to fly FSX with payware scenery and PMDG planes in a relatively comfortable way.

No doubt the A320 is a very complex plane and this simulation is amazing, however something is wrong when people with high end systems need

to go for extra tweaking in order to get decent frames WITH the plane. For God's sake, even Matt Davies had to tweak the FS in order to get extra frames.

 

This plane has a pull on FPS even more noticeable than the 777, and I have to agree with Bernd : Eleftherios clearly stated on one post that the bus FPS

were GREEEAT,  I highly doubt they were not aware of the performance hit of this plane during specific phases of flight.

 

 

Hi,

I made a very interesting detection after trying to adjust features in my bios. There is a Intel Speedstep feature which was enabled. As a try I just disabled it.

I tell you what:   my framerates do not drop down as it happened in the past! As you know my laptop is slightly worse than yours (I7 2670QM 2.2 Ghz).

But the average level of my PMDG 777 on addon airport Frankfurt is between 18 and 20 frames. In my opinion the reason of my bad frames (5-10) was

the Intel speedup technology. Maybe this will help for you or other people using a laptop.

In addition I made some adjustments in my

Link to post
Kit Stephen Agad
1 hour ago, Jude said:

Make sure you have cockpit shadows disabled, that should give you 5-10 more fps.

This did it for me!!! Thanks man! Now getting 20fps !! ☺

Link to post
Bernd Schwarz
7 hours ago, cyberstudio said:

You need to be realistic about what you expect from your hardware. A GTX 745 its a low end card.

Well, you should know that the quality of the graphic card is not important for the FSX. I'm wondering why the frame rate drop is so significant although

 

1 hour ago, Bernd Schwarz said:

Hi,

I made a very interesting detection after trying to adjust features in my bios. There is a Intel Speedstep feature which was enabled. As a try I just disabled it.

I tell you what:   my framerates do not drop down as it happened in the past! As you know my laptop is slightly worse than yours (I7 2670QM 2.2 Ghz).

But the average level of my PMDG 777 on addon airport Frankfurt is between 18 and 20 frames. In my opinion the reason of my bad frames (5-10) was

the Intel speedup technology. Maybe this will help for you or other people using a laptop.

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

 

Link to post
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S

Yes, is not that important, but there are limits.

My system for example its similar to his, but i have a Radeon R9 290. My performance?

Flightbeam KIAD:

20-25 fps inside the cockpit
> 30 in external view

Flytampa TNCM:
> 30 inside the cockpit
>40 in external view

The video card does play a role. Not as important as the CPU one but it has a role.

Link to post
Bernd Schwarz
8 hours ago, kitstephen said:

Agree the FSL320 does take a big hit on performance. I'm running an i7-4790 @ 3.6ghz with 12gb of ram on a GTX745 and I get 11 frames in my home airport (Manila - RPLL by PacSim). Guess it's back to default airports for me. :(

Well, the graphic card is not the problem. I'm wondering why your frame rate drop is so significant although your processor is not that bad. In my opinion the frame rate issues are a matter of bad programm routines. your problems might not happen with your configuration!

with regards

Bernd Schwarz

Link to post
Natee  Lerdkitipongphan

You may try to unlimit the frame rate in both fsx setting and your graphic card control panel (or Nvidia Inspector) and you will get better frame rate. But your graphic of scenery will be load very slow . When you look outside or change the view, the graphic is blurry and you must wait for a while to make it sharper. You can try the setting during flight and see how it is different between limit the frame rate and unlimit.

Note: I'm playing FSX SE

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

Link to post
Kit Stephen Agad
38 minutes ago, Bernd Schwarz said:

Well, the graphic card is not the problem. I'm wondering why your frame rate drop is so significant although your processor is not that bad. In my opinion the frame rate issues are a matter of bad programm routines. your problems might not happen with your configuration!

with regards

Bernd Schwarz

Hi Bernd,

 

I am wondering too, I am using the DX10 configuration and the Nvidia Inspector profile posted by the developers here, by the way. ☺ With the cockpit shadows turned off, I am now running at 18-20fps on the ground in Manila (from 11fps). 

Link to post
10 hours ago, Nikola16789 said:

I agree, the FSL320 is NOT easy on resources. At my PC it runs 10fps lower than pmdg T7, which is significant impact.

I didn't see that post by Lefteris, but I think minimum spec at product page is ridiculously low. Agree they should have made it more clear about performance.

I saw it coming with first promo videos and reviews on YT, but I'm not sure they can do better with FSX platform. What do you suggest? To disable simulated functions until they reach pmdg T7 fps?

And why is T7 a good reference? I cannot finish a flight with T7 without heavily tweaking FSX because of OOM.

Than you have oom with the bus too!

Eats about 200mb more VAS!

Link to post
Zeljko Budovic

 

Recommendations in pinned topic are realy good. I applied all recommended settings on fresh fsx.CFG(deleted fsx.CFG and shaders), and performance is great and smooth now. On FlyTampa EKCH i had 22-26fps at gate, 25-40 during taxi and take off, 30-60 in cruise. All in virtual cockpit, in external view is 100+ fps. I'd like to be able to set higher graphics options, but i'm enjoying it anyway

Link to post
Mykel Talab

Just a heads up for those who may be having some performance issues, your results may vary.

Disable dx10's cockpit shadows. In nvidia inspector settings limit the frames on NI to 30fps since I am running a 60hz monitor, and had fsx always in untimited, now getting stable anywhere around 18fps-25fps ish while on the ground at flytampa's KTPA for example. Seems like the cockpit shadows takes a higher toll on the FSL a320. Like other well known Boeing add-on aircraft, this bird is a living breathing machine.
Hope this does help.
To point out, I am still getting the odd drop in frames into the single digits just before I get Ecam memo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...