First Impressions...

Andrew Wilson

Robert Sutherland
On 1/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, Michael Leuck said:

CTDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aircraft is unflyable currently.

You might have to go into a bit more detail if you're seeking support the issues you're having :)

peter kelberg
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

You might have to go into a bit more detail if you're seeking support the issues you're having :)

seems  that  he  has posted  this issue  on  several   threads  already  bit  hard  when  he  does  this  to keep  track of  things,  looks like he  has  solved  his  issues  by  re installing the  320

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
John Hawksley

Hi, I've come to the FSL A320-X for the first time in the last couple of weeks.  Here are my first impressions.

The price is very expensive, and sets expectations, which unfortunately haven't been met (yet), though I am hopeful.

I've had this aircraft about a week and I fly with VATSIM.  I've performed about 10 short-haul (1.5hr) sorties.  8 of them were offline while I sorted out how to fly it and not embarrass myself in the (incredibly busy) London and Scottish Radar regions.  One online was successful from start to end and one ended in a CTD.

So what I've found so far that seems very disappointing is this:

• Saved scenarios seem to be flakey.  I've deleted them.  The one I did have (cold and dark, parked at stand) regularly:
    • Would not power up avionics even with both batts on, APU avail.
    • Would not start a/c pack 1 (even tried the 'enter/exit slew' workaround) under any circumstance.
  • CTD turning onto finals (LOC/GS capture)
  • Holding
    • Hold at PPOS accepts data for the hold but never generates it.
    • Hold at fix:  entered data for the hold; a/c proceeded to fix but never entered the hold; continued ploughing onward off track, still in NAV mode.

Obviously I'm not discounting user error, and overall my experience has been okay.

• 2 months later...
Tom Stagg

After literally years of being on the fence about buying the A320X I finally took the plunge. So far the level of immersion has simply blown me away!

I flew the basic tutorial yesterday and had no problems at all. At this very moment I am working through the ATSU tutorial (waiting for boarding to happen) and the way it integrates with PFPX, GSX and Active Sky is brilliant. I'm going to find it difficult dealing with other aircraft that don't have this level of integration from here on out. I can't claim to be knowledgable enough to comment on the systems accuracy as I'm quite new to Airbus.

Performance wise it definitley hits my system harder than most other add ons but not bad enough to make things un playable. I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements that will come with P3Dv5 in this regard.

Excellent work FSLabs!

As an additional note, I would also like to thank your support team for being so prompt in helping me find my old forum account so that it could be merged and I could access livery downloads.

• Thanks 3
  • 5 months later...
Robert Koolstra

What a great plane! After years of flying PMDG and even have a setup for a 737, was hesitating to spend the money.

After a rough start with CTD with the last update it fixed everything.

Really loving this plane, what a immersion with ATSU / GSX etc.

A wish for me would be a remote overhead panel also, have a touchscreen hanging above my head for the 737 would also love to have the Airbus there!

Great job guys!

Gr.

Robert

• Thanks 1
Robert Koolstra
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Robert

If your Touchscreen is on the same PC you could press shift 3, undock and drag the overhead there.

Thanks for the tip! Already have two extra screens for Pfd ND Ecams. I don’t know if my build can handle more screens but will try later. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Ajit Sidhu

Bought the A320 a few days back, Having flown the A320 before the Pandemic I decided I needed to invest to stay in the loop and keep the passion for flying alive during these difficult times. 

If anyone is one the fence, get it. It’s about as close to the real thing as it gets from little “Airbusisms” to quirks its all there, the handling is very good and the ecam logic is spot on thus far. I’ve bounced from sim to sim over the years looking for an A320 to practice on before sims and this is as good as it gets. The AOC Features are phenomenal, the waiting around for everyone else to do their stuff is accurate :D. For enthusiasts looking for the most authentic experience FSLabs takes the cake, you might find yourself impatient and twiddling you thumbs waiting for loadsheets waiting for pax, thats all apart of the job. The performance FPS wise is great, it’s my best preforming aircraft even with Orbx and everything installed. I haven’t been disappointed thus far.

Thank you FSLabs For reminding me why I love my Bus and making me miss flying.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Daniel Dupuis 666

Just bought this beauty after getting a PC upgrade. I am speechless. I had to order the Thrustmaster TCA officer edition.

Amazing job friends.

• 3 weeks later...
Tom van der Elst

Well,

I have bought this thing a while ago after sitting on the fence for about 6 months.

Curiously, I did buy it after I had brain surgery and needed a lot of time to recover.

Now, I do not know if it wás the brain surgery that did make me buy it, but still, it is remarkable.

Anyhows, I have made the first flights offline with the A320 and after a few I just knew I had to have the other ones too.

So I bought them too, and life really coudn''t be any better right now.

I do not fly anything else, I did do a short flight in a well known 737 but that one doesn't do it for me anymore,

even though thát does have an EFB and this one doesn't, yet.

I love my job( it is more of a hobby, too!), but I'm dreading going back to work as I will not have time to fly this extraordinary piece of software anymore,

and that in and of itself should tell you how good this thing really is.

It is a brilliant piece of software that almost changes that other bit of software into fooling you

you're in the real thing.

It is so easy to handfly, so easy to set up, it has so many options to and 1 : keep you in the sim and 2 :

also enhance immersion and realism.

I just love it, and now, just a few days ago I learned there'll be sharklets too, supposedly, someday, sometime,

sommewhere, over that rainbow, or something.

in short, it is now, after flying, no surprise why the price is what it is.

I think it should be more expensive, really.

thank you for reading this ramble and for the planes,

they have proven to be the best I've ever seen for a sim, and I, too, have been around since FS5,

know that famous 767, that brilliant 737's, etcetera.

Tom.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 months later...
Sam Heaton

Like the above, I was on the fence about it. I purchased it yesterday and completed my first flight from Manchester to Dubrovnik.

I could go into ultra depth but I think what I would say is wow. This is a genuinely remarkable piece of software - even in these short few hours I realised that it's so far beyond most everything else that's available and I've barely scratched the surface. The concept of immersion was coined with this plane in mind. Every click, bump, rattle (especially through a pair of good surround sound headphones) surrounds and envelops you like you actually are sat at the pointy end of the A320. The only plane I can think of within star systems of the level of immersion is the NGXu and even then, this thing is well clear of it. I was blown away.

I can't count the number of times developers have claimed to have got to "as real as it gets" but quite honestly speaking, without sitting up at the front of an A320 or one of the $20 million dollar training simulators, this is absolutely as close to the real thing as a civilian can get. Phenomenal stuff - I doubt I'll enjoy a simulator flight as much as I did that one for a very long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Ethan Seys

My first impression of the A320X was a bit odd to say the least. When I loaded my sim up all my addons were disabled, and my MCDU or DCDU weren’t working. These seemed to be a fluke though. I rebooted my computer for the second time and everything worked great. My first actual impression of the systems was looking through the ATSU menu. I was truly amazed by the quality and fidelity of the systems. Money well spent. 

Update. Just did a full flight and just wow. All I have to say.

Ethan S,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
Bruno Morgado

I just love it.

Already had a lot of airbus experience since I love the real plane, have bought original flight manuals from TAM and always was in search for a good bus.

Started with the PSS on FS9, so It was not hard to jump in the FsLabs and just start it. But that is where the no surprises ends.

I just was in top of the fence thinking to buying it, since living in Brazil with the USD cotation in 5.36BRL was pretty hard to buy, but as soon as I was taxing out (after figuring out the sticky function of the tiller) and noticed the first "bump" of the nose gear passing through imperfections in the asphalt I new it was the right choice.

Oh man, I flew the entire weekend on it, worth it. Now I'm in huge trouble, since I saw the sharklets with the EFB with android app.... damn it. Maybe I could avoid eating for one month, so I can afford the expansions.... lol.

Great work guys. Love it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Bruno Morgado

Just made my first take-off with the A319, from LPPT in a clear sky with all stars, pleasent night and an TAP Livery.

Oh man... that little boy GOES!!!! it wasn't empty and in FLEX 68, but WOAH, IT GOES!!!! It should be called Airbus GTi by the european manufacturer.

Haven't tried the IAE engine tough....

Great work guys, i'm having the best sim time in my life right now.

• Like 1