• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry

• Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

• Norman Blackburn

• Essono Fritz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am an Airline Pilot and I purchased the A320X and P3D in June of 2018 to help with my transition training from a MD80 to an A320.  I could not believe how close it was to the real airplane.  I was a

Hi all -  One thing the teams at FSLabs will never get to experience is a 'first impression' of our A320-X - that's something only you guys will be able to experience first hand. I was thinking t

Just downloaded this aircraft last week, after having just completed 8 weeks in Singapore doing an A330 transition course. I've been on the Boeing for the last 15 years, so it was quite a lot to take

Posted Images

C_r_i_s_t_i_a_nR_u_d_n_i_k

Truly an amazing top simulation of an aircraft I fly so often in real life (passenger -)) whose development was always called a "MI" for many years !

Thank you so much !!!

• Like 1
O_l_i_v_e_rM_a_e_r_t_e_n_s

I use "external" coffee machines and flight attendants ... those work like a charm.   ;-)

I love the subtleties of the FSL bus and the differentiations that have been put into it (provided that I am able to spot them ... :rolleyes:):

• In one panel state brake pressure is sufficient, in a different one I have to do the yellow/electric pump thingy.
  • The occasional faults and advisories. ("CTR TK FEED : MAN ONLY" anyone?)
  • Amazing performance considering system depth and texture quality.
  • The fact that complete 2D cockpits are provided, not only the popups.
  • The autoland in crosswinds.
  • And dozens more which I haven't discovered yet.

• Like 3

to be honest its good but the fps on it are sh*t really bad im sorry but i wasted my 99 USD on this so im back to aerosoft and PMDG, 

if there is any solution to this MESS please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lyddy
9 minutes ago, Harry said:

to be honest its good but the fps on it are sh*t really bad im sorry but i wasted my 99 USD on this so im back to aerosoft and PMDG, 

if there is any solution to this MESS please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry,

First of all have you reviewed 2 pinned topics about performance and the FAQ?  

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

I just did a long flight to test the range of the aircraft.

LFPG-OMDB with custom sceneries at both airports. 2900NM, 6h+ flight

The destination EFOB was a bit optimistic at the beginning but I put that on the fact that I didn't input an average wind in the init page. 1/3 into the flight the dest EFOB was 1.7 and thats exaclty what I had at my destination.

The flight was flawless, I didn't have any problem with vas or performance, if anything the FPS got higher toward the end of the flight.

You weren't kidding about using the real figures of the aircraft to fly it in fsx, its absolutely spot on.

The flight model is perfect.

I've been flying this plane for 10 days now and it impress me more with every flight.

You can be proud of yourself fslabs, I don't think the bar can be raised any  higher than that.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, jjk said:

I just did a long flight to test the range of the aircraft.

LFPG-OMDB with custom sceneries at both airports. 2900NM, 6h+ flight

The destination EFOB was a bit optimistic at the beginning but I put that on the fact that I didn't input an average wind in the init page. 1/3 into the flight the dest EFOB was 1.7 and thats exaclty what I had at my destination.

The flight was flawless, I didn't have any problem with vas or performance, if anything the FPS got higher toward the end of the flight.

You weren't kidding about using the real figures of the aircraft to fly it in fsx, its absolutely spot on.

The flight model is perfect.

I've been flying this plane for 10 days now and it impress me more with every flight.

You can be proud of yourself fslabs, I don't think the bar can be raised any  higher than that.

How many frames did u get?

Stefan Sondermann
39 minutes ago, olli4740 said:
  • In one panel state brake pressure is sufficient, in a different one I have to do the yellow/electric pump thingy.
  • The autoland in crosswinds.

To the first one: Hopefully you switch off PTU first?!? Or are you responsible for some missing fingers the ground personell has?

The autoland was a bad one. Did one but the aircraft smashed down at 800fps LOLA said. :( But I only used it once on PHNL. I like the manual behavior.

Jeremias Marco Harsono

I saw videos of the A320X early adopters, so I had my expectations which were all met. I was very impressed with performance, average fps was 20-25 and my specs are i5-2320 3 Ghz and Radeon 6570 HD, The fps is on par with my other addons.

Stefan Sondermann
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Wow I get 10 I don't know why and my ground steering is terrible 

Maybe you have an old slow cpu? FSX is all about cpu! 4+GHz are a must I think!

Steering is like real and not like the instant one we has in other addons.

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Wow I get 10 I don't know why and my ground steering is terrible 

Try deleting your fsx.cfg and you shader10 folder, it help my performances a lot.

The ground steering needs a little bit of practice then it works marvelously. try not to use the full range of the axis,

2 minutes ago, jjk said:

Try deleting your fsx.cfg and you shader10 folder, it help my performances a lot.

The ground steering needs a little bit of practice then it works marvelously. try not to use the full range of the axis,

Where is the fsx.cfg ??? 

Sayed Ali Alwedaie

Well, as an A320 pilot, the first thing I wanted to try was what happens if I turn off all 3 ADRs. As in the real aircraft, I got the BUSS displayed! Just WOW. Even our Level D simulator we use for our annual check ride didn't have it till recently :D. I think I can finally practice my check rides at home before going into the "Torture Chamber".

Jokes aside, I love the realistic sounds of every action.

Attention to detail is phenomenal.

Did a v1-engine failure. Just what I expected.

However, as another commenter said, FSX is annoying. The kind of stuff we have to do to prevent a crash is trouble some. FSX is obsolete. Even P3D which is still 32bit. I believe X-Plane is the future. Having said that, it's amazing to see what FSL has done to integrate such a complex add on so perfectly.

One concern. I was hopping I could use this beauty for my home built simulator. But there seems to be no provision for that. Yes you can pop-up individual panels, but they won't stick. Every time you fire up the sim, you should spend time moving and configuring screens to their designated spot. And there is no way to only show the screen of the MCDU for use in a hardware MCDU. I'm not sure if this is a FSX limitation or if there is a workaround. Turned out it's possible. Just pop up every thing and save the flight. However, it'll be neat if we could lock the size and remove the header bar on top of each window.

Overall, I believe you've done a tremendous job FSL. And you didn't charge an arm and a leg for that! Thanks.

• Like 5
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Where is the fsx.cfg ??? 

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Make a note of your settigns in fsx before dleting it as it will erase all  your recorded settings

shader 10 folder:

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

1 minute ago, jjk said:

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Make a note of your settigns in fsx before dleting it as it will erase all  your recorded settings

shader 10 folder:

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

once i delete it what do i replace it with??

Marlon Carter

I was impressed by numerous things. For example, the ground handling. I love the tiller feature and I love how the brakes feel. It's a very realistic simulation that gives you the sensation that the aircraft has weight and the pressure applied by the brakes is actually "felt". Another aspect of this aircraft that I found impressive was how wonderful the aircraft feels while handflying (especially for landings). Everything feels very dynamic and it really puts you in the pilot seat. In my history of flightsim, only 2 aircraft have made me feel this immersed (MJC Q400 and believe it or not..the Leonardo Maddog), I always thought that nothing would top the Q400 but I think my opinion is changing.

• Like 2
toufikzeidan

I think you guys have convinced me.

Anyone know if you buy the fsx version, do you have to pay again 100$ something or do you just pay the difference and have it for both systems?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
1 minute ago, toufikzeidan said:

I think you guys have convinced me.

Anyone know if you buy the fsx version, do you have to pay again 100$ something or do you just pay the difference and have it for both systems?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Just the difference

Mark Wolpert

It is difficult for me to comment on first impressions because I know so little about the airbus but one thing caught my attention as I finished up my first flight (BA560 -EGLL - LIRF).   I fly on Air Canada airbuses quite a bit for work so I am very familiar with the RW sounds.  When I shut down it was like I was right there in my seat, about to grab my bag and walk off to my meetings.  Just incredible.  I do kind of miss the barking which I understand you cannot hear in the flight deck, I opened the window during taxi to try and hear it but could not.

Norman Blackburn
3 hours ago, germannoob said:

- coffeemaker is missing

- pretty stewardess are missing to give coffee (Thanks Andrea Buono for pointing out this missing "item")

Are you absolutely sure? :D

• Like 2
Philippe Gleize
1 hour ago, mark767 said:

It is difficult for me to comment on first impressions because I know so little about the airbus but one thing caught my attention as I finished up my first flight (BA560 -EGLL - LIRF).   I fly on Air Canada airbuses quite a bit for work so I am very familiar with the RW sounds.  When I shut down it was like I was right there in my seat, about to grab my bag and walk off to my meetings.  Just incredible.  I do kind of miss the barking which I understand you cannot hear in the flight deck, I opened the window during taxi to try and hear it but could not.

The dog will be back in next update ;)

• Like 1
Stefano Rossi
23 minutes ago, Philippe Gleize said:

The dog will be back in next update ;)

Are you going to make it hearable from the flight deck even if it is not :o?? I hope not.

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson

No no no - of course we didn't make them audible from the cockpit :) 

We just added some additional 'start up' PTU sounds - when you're in cabin view, they sound great!! 

• Like 5
Marlon Carter

This might be pushing it...but I was wondering if it would be a difficult task to change the cabin lighting between the standard white..or moodlighting colors like blue or pink/purple? Not an important option but one that adds another unique touch when flying specific airline liveries.

Wayne Klockner

This might be pushing it...but I was wondering if it would be a difficult task to change the cabin lighting between the standard white..or moodlighting colors like blue or pink/purple? Not an important option but one that adds another unique touch when flying specific airline liveries.

The beauty of the FSL Spotlights tool is that it allows you to tweak the lighting color, among other parameters. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lukas Leccese
6 hours ago, geckuz said:

:wub: PS Fritz, your EZCA profile is fantastic!

sorry for being off topic, but where can I find that profile? I wasn't able to find it and would love to try out a nice EZCA profile. 

Essono Fritz
59 minutes ago, manuel108 said:

sorry for being off topic, but where can I find that profile? I wasn't able to find it and would love to try out a nice EZCA profile. 

• Like 1
Matthew Pitisano

I used to work as ground crew for Tigerair Australia so I know what its like to be around these beasts both inside and out! Just the brilliant and perfect simularity of being inside that cockpit and hearing the sounds typical of the A320 all exactly how I experienced it in real life! I personally started it in cold and dark and brought it to life and that in itself was beautiful! Especially the small things like smiling and laughing out of sheer mind blowing realism through the process (my reaction to seeing the REFUELG ecam msg and the fuel level slowly climbing, just wow. I find myself starting it up and shutting it down constantly. I also cannot believe how smoothly it flies. The sounds are just so unbelievably realistic. I still haven't even made a proper flight with it yet! But to be able to do this finally is an amazing feeling. Well done to all involved and thank you so much, wow was it worth the wait! I will definately be purchasing the upgrade to P3D as the only thing spoiling the experience for me is the buggy and outdated FSX especially with Windows 10.

• Like 4
Mario Benevenia

Hello everybody

So I wanted again after few days try to have your say, so you must expect the team only once express a strong praise what they have done for a job. Nevertheless, I am a little disappointed by the whole. So I am a long FSX pilot and really much on the PC. But somehow I can not make friends with the feeling. You really have to look which operation is carried out otherwise smears from the crate. Each Airport I've run over 3GB memory. Frames were okay but the memory is still marginal. If yes knows that the FSX only 4GB supported. Fly Online also hardly goes. Of course, I have to say I ActivSky16 + ASCA run but I'd say I would not fly through the air and rum around nix have of the landscape. Therefore, it is a pity that one because such a beautiful machine, the total system is Hungry Screw everything back needs to ever feel provide an air sensible.

The current problem brakes is also designed very unfriendly, continues to be the steer to the ground is not the best in my eyes. (Where I only tuned recall button press and then you have more steering force than without) Of course, this is only realistic if one should also consider that you the PC can somehow implement reasonable, and not everyone has FSUIPC. Where one can possibly better adjust.

So in large and whole it is very difficult to deal with it, you have a lot Ooms I find. Will you switch from a German Wings machine to a machine inside the Condor FSX smears from the computer, because something is not in harmony.

I'd say so I will not complain only, we are talking about rich 115 Euro which you lie for it and there was actually already running what, and work and not at home sitting there and get angry and no fun to it.

I want the issue not now but again appeal with the PMDG 737NGX that without is also what the system Deeper and demand on the system, but there is still a feeling it runs and you do not have the worry that one stands somewhere a button operated and suddenly causes a reboot from the FSX.

I am of course open at any time via a different opinion.

Nevertheless I got the first time now unfortunately decided the machine turn off the hangar and not to fly it. I wish the other here a lot of fun and hope for a speedy update that makes perhaps the fly but again more fun.

Happy Sunday all

greeting

Mario

Philippe Gleize
23 minutes ago, kamikazee said:

I used to work as ground crew for Tigerair Australia so I know what its like to be around these beasts both inside and out! Just the brilliant and perfect simularity of being inside that cockpit and hearing the sounds typical of the A320 all exactly how I experienced it in real life! I personally started it in cold and dark and brought it to life and that in itself was beautiful! Especially the small things like smiling and laughing out of sheer mind blowing realism through the process (my reaction to seeing the REFUELG ecam msg and the fuel level slowly climbing, just wow. I find myself starting it up and shutting it down constantly. I also cannot believe how smoothly it flies. The sounds are just so unbelievably realistic. I still haven't even made a proper flight with it yet! But to be able to do this finally is an amazing feeling. Well done to all involved and thank you so much, wow was it worth the wait! I will definately be purchasing the upgrade to P3D as the only thing spoiling the experience for me is the buggy and outdated FSX especially with Windows 10.

Thanks a lot for your kind words !! arigato gozaimasu!!!

• Like 2
Matthew Pitisano
Just now, Philippe Gleize said:

Thanks a lot for your kind words !! arigato gozaimasu!!!

Hahaha I am actually Australian! Just a nickname I've always used hehe. Thank you sir!

• Like 1
Marlon Carter
12 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

The beauty of the FSL Spotlights tool is that it allows you to tweak the lighting color, among other parameters. Give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to stray from the topic, but will this work in the main cabin and be visible from the exterior view?

My biggest advance in flyability ( poor framerates, huge vas consumption) was achieved a couple of hours ago as I bought Steves DX10 fixer. Installed it, ran it ( by default values) and gave it a go. I'm now satisfied! I will after my flight EFHK-LOWW look at my Nvidia settings and hope it will be even better.

Petteri

Calum Martin

For me, the first impressions came from the incredible work you've done on the sound engine. 

Everything from the ambient sounds as you bring her to life, to the fact that the APU / brake fans volume changes based on how 'open' the window is. That for me is what immersion is all about. I am also blown away by how you use geometrics to calculate if the nose wheel is on the centre line and if it is, it creates the 'bump' sound effect. That is one of the most prominent sounds during the take off roll and you've nailed it perfectly.

Can't wait to continue flying this fantastic bird. 

First impressions.....

A truly amazing piece of work! I've hardly had any time to get into it (one for next weekend) but my first short flight was just amazing. Every single little detail has been modelled, and its just the things you wouldn't expect, the immersion is just unprecedented in FSX. I hit some weather on the climb out and it was the first time I've ever really seen proper turbulence simulated. I assume it is a combination of the aircraft + AS16 + EZdok profile, but was amazing, especially with the added "bumpy flight" sounds. 

On performance, it was struggling when I first loaded it up, but I ran through all the recommendations that FSLabs has put on this forum and now getting ~20fps (sometimes a little lower in higher detail airports). Given the age of my computer, I am very happy with this, but I would highly recommend running through all the tweaks they have suggested as it improved things for me.

I know there has been some mention about unhelpful comparisons to other developers, but I believe FSLabs has taken things to another level and has really set gold standard for an add-on aircraft in FSX (and soon P3D). Frankly, that's a great thing for the Flight sim community and the future!

Richard Nellyer

Well I've been flying the wings off this so far but my first flight and first impressions were......

I loaded up the aircraft, cold and dark at EPWA ready for a BAV flight to EGLL. The first thing that leapt out was the quality of the external textures and attention to detail. Upon entering the cockpit there were no surprises, textures were good, all was where it should be and looked just fine, then I turned on the batteries.......wearing headphones I was absolutely blown away. The sounds are what really bring this thing to life. The level of immersion surpasses any addon released thus far. The initial cockpit prep went by in a blur of clunking relays, humming gyros, variable load sounds on the electrics, ticking igniters and ECAM alerts as the systems came online. Diving into the FMGS the flight planning phase went smoothly and it's so nice to see the systems modelled properly. The fonts on the displays are absolutely spot on and this is something no one else has quite got right yet. Following the FCOM through to taxi the next big wow was the lighting. The exterior lights are perfect. Takeoff was the standard Airbus affair but finally with the correct spool up time and the subtle addition of the ground bump noise adding to the immersion.  Climbing into some challenging weather the aircraft handled beautifully I left the Autopilot off and flew the entire SID by hand marvelling at the smoothness of the response and how all the little nuances of the FBW system have been realised. In the cruise I monitored the fuel burn and within a couple of kilos it was right on the numbers. Approach to EGLL was again hand flown and despite frame rates falling to the low 20's /high teens, all remained fluid and responsive. The handling was exceptional and to anyone reading this who flies all their approaches on Auto I ask you to please give manual a go. This plane really comes alive when hand flown and you can really grease her in after a very short amount of practice. 

After parking and shutdown I came away from the experience with 2 overwhelming impressions.

1. This aircraft is without a doubt the finest piece of coding for a desktop simulation environment and the most immersive experience of an airliner ever made

2.FlightSimLabs were absolutely right to keep us waiting. The install, although a little more involved than lesser addons, was seamless. There were no major bugs and it did exactly as promised. 

The flightsim community has been shaken, other developers who purport to making "study level" addons need to take a look at whats been achieved here. There has been a growing trend in "paid beta testing"  where publishers release unfinished products and are then slow to work on fixes. The model FSLabs has used has been frustrating to some users who want it now or yesterday, but the wait has been worth it.

The gauntlet has been thrown down and I hope this drives the study sim side of FSX/P3D to even higher levels.

Well done everyone at FSLabs, now go and enjoy a well earned drink! 

• Like 2