First Impressions...

Andrew Wilson

Andrew Wilson

Hi all - 

One thing the teams at FSLabs will never get to experience is a 'first impression' of our A320-X - that's something only you guys will be able to experience first hand. I was thinking today of the times I installed 767PIC, DF737 or 747RFP - and getting that unnurvey feeling of not knowing where to start. That's something I miss when working on something like the A320-X, for six years. 

So I had an idea - why not ask you guys what your first impressions were of the A320-X. What was your first takeoff like? Did you load the aircraft cold & dark and plough through the procedures to bring it into life - or load up engines running, and blast off to experience the FBW? 

We'd love to hear about your first experience with the A320-X - it's what makes all those long evenings staring at code, so worthwhile. 

We're looking forward to reading your replies...

• Like 16
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harry

• Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

• Norman Blackburn

• Essono Fritz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am an Airline Pilot and I purchased the A320X and P3D in June of 2018 to help with my transition training from a MD80 to an A320.  I could not believe how close it was to the real airplane.  I was a

Hi all -  One thing the teams at FSLabs will never get to experience is a 'first impression' of our A320-X - that's something only you guys will be able to experience first hand. I was thinking t

Just downloaded this aircraft last week, after having just completed 8 weeks in Singapore doing an A330 transition course. I've been on the Boeing for the last 15 years, so it was quite a lot to take

Posted Images

Chris Howard

Hi Andrew.

I am just about to set up my first proper flight in you lovely aircraft, BA2652 EGKK-LOWS with BA Virtual so I will get her programmed and airborne and report back :D

Really looking forward to it, been a long time coming :)

adamant365

Daunting.

Like you, my first experience with complex addons was 767PIC for FS2000. I honestly feel I could manage the normal system flow in several Boeing aircraft, and maybe a Dash 8-Q400.

Loaded cold and dark. Managed to get batteries going. APU, got it going. Pulled up FMGC...figured that was the next place to head. Hit a wall. "This is going to be a bit more difficult than just get up and go" I thought.

So, started reading. Read the tutorial twice. Read the "Normal Procedures." Tried some touch and gos. Started to get a feel for flying the FBW.

Finally started my first full flight three days after purchase and install (early adopter). Followed procedure as best I could. Didn't do that bad a job of managing. Pax definitely thought there was a clown up front though since first landing was about -250 fpm. I've gotten better with the landings. Timing is definitely crucial with the Bus much like with the 737. Can't just muscle it down. Have to retard and pull 2-4 degrees and let the Gods of Landings do the rest. Otherwise, float or bounce.

I really (REALLY) like this add on. I mean, I have "that feeling" again. I'm pouring through the manuals and learning the best I can. I'm finding that if it's in the FCOM, it's in this bus. I'm a hard core "study simmer" and always want ultimate realism. If I won the lottery, my first purchase would be a level-d sim. So yeah, I like this one.

I can't say enough about how awesome it is to have a proper Airbus simulation for Flight Sim. I only felt I was able to simulate half of the short haul world...which a majority of flying is. The possibilities for routes is now virtually unlimited. Thanks again Flight Sim Labs!

• Like 2
Sam Alzuber

Hmm .... 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

getting that unnurvey feeling of not knowing where to start

Exactly. I bought it. Installed it, switched off the lights in the room, sat (virtually of course) in the cockpit for 1.5 - 2 hrs. No flying at all. I began by just using the hat switch to look around, zooming in and out, looking at buttons, displays, space between panels etc. Then I switched on elec pwr, listening to the clunks or clicks when pwr is estb. This in particular is something to be fully honest i enjoy a tad more than the flying experience itself. It is just brilliant. Captivating. I like this rush one gets when u know this is a serious bird. once u feed it electric pwr and under the hood u can feel it alive and breathing.

• Like 6
Michael Avallone

Andrew and the rest of the team...

It took me a few minutes after installing to get my controls setup properly.. I had a bunch of conflicts that caused CTDs but once I straightened that out and I programmed my throttles I took off to test the FBW and I was stunned!!!  I then tried a crosswind takeoff 20 knots gusting and I again was stunned,. this is way beyond what I have experienced in FS before... 

Everything from the ground handling to the night lighting to the feel of the FBW to landing is amazing and ground breaking.. Congratulations on this product, your hard work shows

• Like 1
Alexander_Halbritter

I had a smile on my face for the whole first flight from power up to shut down. Everything about this bird is just amazing. The sounds, the smooth autopilot and auto throttle responses. Simply everything. And the best thing is, the smile is still here even after 4 flights! Thank you fslabs for this immersive piece of software :)

• Like 1

Andrew....my first impressions were..............WOW!! Extremely immersive, and I honestly did get a feeling there is so much going on in the background, "out of the box". I didn't do a C&D , I just set up the FMGS, configured the A/C and went for a circuit. What struck me most are

1. I flew the Indigo IAE version. As soon as I released the Parking Brakes, she started inching forward without any thrust at all. I have felt the same whenever I have traveled on an IAE powered A320. 

2. The taxing felt soo realistic. I have flown a Level D sim a fair number of times and I found the NWS extremely sensitive and "light" compared to a 737. And it seemed to be beautifully replicated here. The ground friction model and taxing were an amazing feel without any need to keep modulating thrust to maintain a constant taxi speed. That itself is an amazing achievement in my book!

3. I did think the Brakes were really effective and it still takes some getting used to. I have found the brakes are "easier" to to be smooth when cold and are aggressively effective when hotter? Not sure if it is the case?

4. I was amazed at how smoothly I was able to rotate and the FBW felt like everything you read about in the manuals. I was also amazed at how the A/C does take time to accelerate and let the speed build up gradually. Other FS aircraft seem to accelerate a tad "quicker" I find in the air? I hope you know what I mean?

5. I hand flew the circuit until rolling out on the downwind leg. I did notice a lack of Pitch compensation in level flight. I purposely wanted to check this aspect. So I climbed straight ahead to 2000' AGL and leveled off, speed at 170KTS and Flaps 2. I began a roll input to the left to a bank angle of 25 degrees. I did notice the nose drop and the A/C began a descent of 2-300 feet per minute. I raised the nose with some back stick input to 0 FPM in the turn and it held there while in the bank. While rolling out, again, there was a lack of pitch compensation and the A/C began a climb of around 300 FPM as the wings started to come level. Once again, a bit of nose down pitch was required to keep around 0 FPM. Is this behavior correct? Upon reading the FCTM, it says that Pitch compensation is applied up to 33 degree bank and no pilot input is required to maintain altitude due to the FBW pitch compensation. I also found this behavior with the AP engaged. Either you or your real world pilots can attest to the actual behavior?

6. Flare law seemed to be beautifully modeled and I could definitely make out the transition from flight law, with some amount of back pressure required for the last 50 feet. After touch down, the nose does not want to come down though. I tend  to try not to float too much therefore, I flare a little lower and not too much and the landings work fine for me. Again, the FCTM states, flying the nose wheel on to the runway with a bit of back pressure, but I find I need to do the opposite, and generally need to introduce a bit of forward pressure to get the NW down. Again, is this correct real world behavior? Please do let me know from yourself and your experts?

7. The Sounds are just great! 

8. The night lighting, internal and external, are the best I have ever seen...WOW!

There are so many good things, the list can go on and on. In a nutshell, First Impression is that I think it has more than met, in fact exceeded my already large expectations. Cant wait to see this magnificent bird get refined further.

Best wishes,

Dinshaw Parakh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
MoeGhaziri

Took it from cold and dark for a proper circle around LEIB. The first takeoff reminded me of my first takeoff in a level d a320, released the stick to early during rotation and it was a Deja vue, so I quickly pulled it again to rotate, not to mention the wobbly roll on the runway as the rudder was a bit sensitive, I was amazed in the fbw and the smoothness of the aircraft, the landing was ok for a first timer :lol:, no body is hurt.

Will not make it long, since I bought it 1 week ago I am in a state of happiness, or maybe satisfaction, that I am afraid to describe. Since then I Didn't touch and maybe I will not touch any other aircraft ....a kind of marriage :D....Don't tell the wife :unsure: B)

• Like 2
Andrew Wilson

Wow - fantastic to read how you guys are enjoying the A320-X! 

@captdini Yes that's exactly how the real one behaves too. In reality the THS lags a little, meaning that any acceleration on the lateral or longitudinal axis will cause a slight deviation from the aircraft's flight path vector whist the autotrim re-acquires the target G load. All the characteristics that the real FBW exhibit are simulated - we were incredibly fortunate to receive assistance from pilots during the development of the EFCS, a process that lasted over two years. 

Isn't it a joy to fly! 

• Like 6
J van Braam

Hi all,

Cold & dark -EHAM-EGLL easy flight ....everthing loaded correct (?) but eng start #1 unsuccessful :-(  The second time same route etc and after 15 min Pack # 1fail and after another 2 minutes Pack #2 fail. At about fl 150 a must make a emergency descent and performed an successful return flight. So my first experience
Regards JovaBr

Installing binaries *.net framework cannot be installed :angry: > google for .net installation.

Loaded FSX - *AOCService error* :angry: > googled for solution. Cannot be repaired. Never mind, I don't care the error pop-up as long as the aircraft works.

Loaded aircraft - *engines running*. Oh well, I'll just select panel state. Oops, there's no panel states delivered. :angry:

Closed FSX. *fsx in not responding* > close the program :angry: waited 30 sec for aero to restore.

Started FSX, selected trike, loaded A320 - *engines running* .S**t, I forgot to shut down the trike > close the program :angry: waited 30 sec for aero to restore.

Started FSX, selected trike, turned the damn thing off, loaded A320, checked all controls, powered up, prepared a flight, called GSX for push, *DING* "you must set parking brake". :blink: Parking brake is already set. Tried again and got *DING* "you must set parking brake" again. Then all cockpit buttons stopped responding. :angry: Killed the fsx.exe

Started FSX, selected trike, turned the damn thing off, loaded A320, checked all controls, powered up, prepared a flight, called GSX for push and it worked. Good. Lined up at runway, smooth take off, very smooth auto trim :). Reduced to CL detent and got asymmetric thrust warning, fiddled levers a little bit and resolved. Smooth manual flight to destination.

Landed > auto brakes applied, reverse thrust applied > it stopped at the middle of fairly short runway. Damn, this thing can land anywhere.

Tired to taxi, realized that I need one more hand for that task > gave up.

Closed FSX > *AOCService error*, *fsx is not responding* > killed the process. :angry:

That being said, the aircraft simulation is superb, but integration with FSX is quite unstable.

My first impression was just WOW!

First few hours I was sitting in a cockpit, clicking on all possible buttons, testing everything I could test, looking around in the cockpit, opening and closing doors, windows, moving chairs forward and back etc. I was so much amazed by every sound, click, feeling like you are really in the cockpit of A-320. And the first thoughts was: I can't believe! Finally it happened - we got this beautiful and sophisticated bird for our sims! And then I started testing it in the air, FBW, Protections, different modes and everything was very smooth and as it should be, everything looked like as I could see on FFS. Finally my friend who is a real Captain of A-320 asked me to try some moments and look what will happen. I reproduced everything as he described and I could see that things went exactly as it should be. So I'd like to repeat it many times - THANK you, FSLabs, for such a wonderful simulation and for your extraordinary efforts to bring this bird to the life!

• Like 4
Carlos Domingos

The sounds, the cockpit sounds when powering up the airplane, I was amazed!

Seeing the vc lighting and thinking that I've never seen anything like it on fsx

The exterior sounds when the window is open

after starting the taxi, getting a message to delay takeoff due to low oil temperature...

small things that that add to the immersion and made me want to read through all the manuals and learn the airplane inside out.

Great job guys!

• Like 2
Aidan Hutchison

Loaded up the trike, shut the engines down, loaded the a320x and I see it loading all the systems and I knew then that this was like nothing else. I actually got it flying first try without any software nuances and did some touch n go's. I was very impressed with the physics model, and the aircraft systems! Its very hard to get the most out of flying at 10-15 fps in the air, so I spent all day yesterday trying to improve performance, and ended up going to my original cfg at the end of the day. So its time to do an airline flight! I set up VRD121 from LAX to OGG. I put on the pause at TOD function and went to bed. When I wake up, the joystick isn't responding. *sigh* *Messing around in menus and a series of feverish unplugs and re-plugs later, I gave up trying to make it work. Alright lets do an auto land and get towed back to the gate (which worked well I may add). Tried another flight that evening and the same thing happens. I really just want to enjoy the A320X but its hard with such low fps and not being able to land the plane :D No doubt that this is a miracle of software engineering and i'm lucky it works at all.

adamant365
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Isn't it a joy to fly! 

I don't think joy is quite the right word. Which word is "more" than joy? So smooth...it's just buttery to fly. I'm using a 10+ year old Thrustmaster "Top Gun" and it's like I've got a real Airbus sidestick on my desk. 

Someone else pointed out the immersion. The sound when electrical power is applied and the computer fans spin up. The sounds of the relays switching around. The almost imperceptible change (I can hear it, anyone else?) in pitch of the "hum" from the fans when there's a power source change. Immersion is top with this product for sure.

• Like 3
Peter Fabian

So far I've been fighting demons in installation and my FS... for the last 3 or so hours. 

I'm about to launch my FS and hope finally I can start a flight...

Lukas Leccese

Well, where should I start. My dad is a flight instructor and I was fortunate to spend many flights in the cockpits of the 767, 777 and, mosly, the A320. I always loved aviation and soaked up the atmosphere in the flightdeck. I could have a businessclass ticket to New York but you could bet that I still stayed in the cockpit for 90% of the time. 

What can I say, the first time I loaded the FSL A320 I felt right at home. The colours of the FCU panel, the PFD etc. are extremely true to life. The nightlighting is ridiculously accurate. The sounds are amazing. Taxiing actually feels like taxiing. The fly by wire is accurate to a degree which I never thought was possible in this environment. Direct law feels just like I remember it from the last LFT visit. - It doesn't feel overdone but just right. Oh, and the autoflight system is in a league of its own.  

All in all it is an absolutely stellar product. It surpassed my very high expectations. Thanks for all the hard work Andrew and all people involved!

• Like 1
Stefano Rossi

Well, I had almost any airbus was on the market before this... but this one... Guys, you reached a new level in flight simulation. Until 2005 I worked as a ramp agent, so I was in and out the a320f cokpits at least 5-6 times a day. When I was parked at LIRF cold and dark and I pressed the ext. power button..... The only thing I was missing from the real thing was the smell.... Sounds were perfect, lights were perfect

On taxi, for the first time in an A320 simulation, I felt the weight of the real thing. First time I pushed the brakes I thought :"Man so this is how the real thing brakes".

Rotation and hand flying were perfect. First rollout after landing was a mess, the plane steered violently on one side, now I have set well my pedals and I am getting the grips to it

After the first landing, when I saw the brakes hot warning at the gate, the first thing that came in my mind were the words of a pilot friend: "Brakes on the A320 get hot whenever you just think about braking :lol:"

And, the small things, like inserting the flight number to have the system lookup for a route in Ivao or Vatsim, well this is an absolutely fantastic little touch... I think by now I am flying the FSL 320 more than a pilot do with the real thing :P  

Thank you guys, a thousand times thank you!

Alfredo Terrero

I purchased it as soon as I saw the general release was available. I didn't have time to do a proper flight, just turn it on from c/d. Immediately, I saw the quality that this bus has. The fans, the lights, the way the battery indications fluctuate, that was enough to let me know that this bus was special, even without flying it. Haven't gotten time to do a proper flight yet (just touch and go's), but I'm dying to finally take 5-6 hours and do a couple of flights in her as she really is a living machine.

Michael Ackermann

Took very long to power up the aircraft the first time, because I spend a lot of time to look at all the details. 

My initial thought was : Wow, that sound atmosphere deserves an Oscar :-)

Overall it`s a milestone.

Mike

9 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Wow - fantastic to read how you guys are enjoying the A320-X! 

@captdini Yes that's exactly how the real one behaves too. In reality the THS lags a little, meaning that any acceleration on the lateral or longitudinal axis will cause a slight deviation from the aircraft's flight path vector whist the autotrim re-acquires the target G load. All the characteristics that the real FBW exhibit are simulated - we were incredibly fortunate to receive assistance from pilots during the development of the EFCS, a process that lasted over two years. 

Isn't it a joy to fly! 

Thanks so much for the reply Andrew, I can sleep easy now!! Hahahaha. AND YOU BET, IT IS A JOY TO FLY!!!!!

Can I assume de-rotation is also modeled accurately then? A little down push on the stick is required? The reason I ask is that if flare law is still "active" on touchdown, the nose should start dropping and that's not happening. 

Would love to her your thoughts on this.

Best wishes,

Dinshaw.

Guest pedwards

Through my 30 years of 'virtual flying', there have been products that stand out from the crowd;

Dreamfleet 737 

Leonardo 'Maddog' MD80

Flight1 ATR

Majestic Q400

PMDG Fleet (Including their 757)

FSL Concorde

A2A 'Accusim'd' aircraft

The new 320X is quickly establishing it's self as one of the greats, and for me it will really start to shine once installed in to Prepar3d. After learning the quirks of the MD80 and then for years soaking up the Boeing way, I have found the transition from B to A fun. I'm a very long way from understanding the Airbus and it's systems but the FSL 320 is definitely immersing me in an Airbus flightdeck through it's sounds, systems and visuals. I'm sure I have many months ahead before I feel confident with the airplane and the procedures used to fly her safely. My biggest challenge so far?  Using FSX after years of P3D.

Well done to all involved with the 320X development, you should be very proud.

Regards

Chris Howard

Firstly I have to say a MASSIVE congratulations to the whole FSL team on creating a masterpiece!

I am blown away by the level of detail you guys have put into this aircraft.

The bird is a dream to hand fly-

The autopilot is as smooth as you like-

FBW is lovely and responsive-

The immersion factor is jaw dropping-

The sounds are incredible, those IAE's rumbling in descent  :o :D to name but 1 thing-

And the graphics, model texturing....I hit the V button about 50 times in a 2hr flight!

I haven't scratched the surface tbh, I look forward to delving in deeper to this state of the art simulation!

Well done guys and Thank you, you have done yourselves proud and made many simmers happy!

• Like 3
Arunit Mukherjee

After more than 3 years of flying the real bus, I can confidently spend my off days at my sim room feeling right at office! And simchecks have become a lot easier now with failure practise right at hand.

Waiting for the non implemented fmgc to be released mainly sec fpln function and winds functionality and the excessive pitch up after main wheel touchdown requiring much forward pressure on the stick( the real aircraft requires back pressure). The THS auto trim reset to zero counteracts the nose up effect.

Other than this and few other bugs which I Know fslabs will tackle very soon THIS is the BIG deal any serious airbus lover will die for!

Fslabs thank you! Please do correct the CTD on end flight and exiting fsx issue

• Like 1
Camille MOUCHEL

Well the first time i loaded the A320-x I've done a base trainning at LFMT, I was amazed that at Vr, you just need to slightly pull back the stick to liftoff, not like others add on where you needd to have the crosshair in the uppder box limit lol. During the downwind leg, i tested the autopitch trim feature in speed&bank change and it seems to be more than realistic, I've just wished that the wheel trimwould would move realisticaly but i understand if its for performance reason, maybe add a realistic wheel trim movement as an option ?

Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

My first experience with some "sort" of complex aircraft was the PSS A3XX.

It hooked me how complex it was compared to the default FS planes, the MCDU, the automation etc... and of course it hooked me up to the A320. I learnt the Boeing philosophy after I learnt the Bus, so it was way easier for me.

Now, my 1st flight with the FSL was going to be a GCLA (my hometown!) -  LPMA Madeira. Then the performance issues started to rise up (in other threads I am talking about my adventures with a laptop about this matter) So I had to change the script.

Now, for my performance tests I am running the same flight over and over again from cold and dark to cruise and back to gound and cold and dark. It is a LEST - FORNO (whatever sid it is based on wx) and come back to LEST with a direct ILS approach with no STAR. Rougly a 25-30 min ride, but enough to see how frames fluctuate as you wake up the Bus, start up engines , take off, cruise at FL150, descend , land and poweroff... 

One day Ill do my GCLA-LPMA.. and I will kill a bunch of birds during takeoff... promise!!!

• Like 1
Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt

I mean... for my laptop it is undoubtly heavy on frames, thats the thing. Have found a few things here and there which I am not sure if they are bugs or not, but I am focused on the FPS now.

I wish I could get hold of something newer. Not neccesarily a Skylake based machine, but a haswell or even an Ivy Bridge . I am 100% sure Id make it fly like an eagle :)

Lee Spender

"Wow FS Labs"  was the first thing I thought when I seen it load on my computer screen for the first time and I can feel just how much work and care has gone into making this product I just love the flight deck and modelling and learning the systems each flight is always a little different I also am amazed by the sounds and the way the engine sound is slowly replaced by the air hitting the cockpit as the mach no increases its so realistic even that in itself must have taken some time to get right

Cheers Lee :)

• Like 2
Chris J Sykes

I have fallen in love this add-on. Straight off from the start you can really tell that there is more going on behind the scenes than you could ever expect there to be on FSX. What's more, this barely touches my VAS! It remained at 50% throughout the whole day of flying that I did when I bought it. That's six consecutive flights without a single restart for FSX (1000z to 2000z). It feels as if it's actually an aircraft rather than other addons and default aircraft. Getting to grips with the plane is difficult and I'm still working towards it, but I love the experience so far. :D

• Like 2
Andrea Buono

Hi Guys,

I'm an "old dog" having more than 25 years of "flight simulation career".

Have been also a "beta tester" for another addon (not Airbus) and nowadays I have been using to spend about 12-14 hours per year in a B738 fixed base trainer simultaor.

But I've also always loved the A320 it's the plane in which I've made the most part of my real life flights (Easyjet Milan Malpensa Airport) and just three days ago, returning from my summer holydays in Montenegro I've flown two legs aboard of Air Serbia A319s (Tivat-Belgrad) and (Belgrad-Milan Malpensa). In the past (about 10 years ago) I was also a pilot of the "Volareweb" real related virtual airline based on A320 (at that time justflight was the only one add-on) and I had found the real A320 FCOM etc.

Now you can just imagine my surprise when, at the seaside, after 6 years of waiting, I read by your facebook's site the the bird was ready!!

Just purchased two days ago as soon as I arrived home.

Incredibly in spite of my too rapid reading of the guides, and my too rapid going to the first flight it was incredibly "easy and smooth"...

I was surprised that on my "old" HP Pavillion 8311 system (4core 8Mb RAM 1MB Nvidia Video Card purchased 7 years ago) with "lower scenario complexity) but high cloud complexity (to feed ASN Next and WXR radar) I got more then 60 fps on ground! (Malpensa Simgiants) and 25-30 in the very "heavy frames" Aerosoft Zuerich Airport (I use only 2d panel)..

In spite of "approximation in Vspeed calculation) I got an incredibly smooth takeoff..1000 ft engage a/p good flight but, being the first, I executed an autoland (also to test the system) (flight Zuerich-Malpensa: LSZH-LIMC via GERSA UN850 DEGAD Z424 AKASU FL210 CI=15). Another wonderful thing is the "feeling" during taxing..it's seemed the real Bird! Also flaps deployement and retraction times and so landing gear seems perfectly aligned to the real one!

Guys your A320 seems a "real thing" a "human being"...

Congratulations to all the staff!

Next year in my simulation center a new A320 "full motion" (not a "Level D " a more simplified one) will be installed and now I'm able to train for it...

Best Regards

Ciao

Andrea Buono

Hugar V Hughes

WOW WOW WOW I am a first officer on the A318, I must say I am very impress the way you guys really come close to the real thing. There is a few things out of place, but i read somewhere that the aircraft was modeled after a particular Airbus A320.  Any real Bus driver will tell you the buses are different in some ways, but it almost feel like the real thing minus a few things of course. I can't for the wait the P3D professional model.  I pray and hope you add the A318 so i can really test you guys skills (steep approach at london city) just a hint lol....that's my bread and butter

• Like 2
Craig Read

Andrew,

Well I've not installed a tonne of things and just put FSX-SE back on my PC just for the A320X.  I've stuck with standard scenery, with the DX10 Fixer and Active Sky Next for now just to learn how to fly the aircraft.  So that is currently my setup, with a couple of liveries (Wizz Air, EasyJet and BA), not because I'm a massive fan of the airlines I just like to fly routes I've flown in real life.

Bit of information for all: i7-4770K @ 4Ghz, 16GB RAM, SSD Storage, 780 GTX and Windows 10 Pro (Fully Patched).

I've barely scratched the surface is my first impression.  I feel like a complete newbie to flight simulation when I get in the A320X (which is great), and I completely understand the immersion other simmers and yourself have been talking about.  You really do feel like the aircraft is a living machine, a real machine and is responding to all kinds of tiny environmental and pilot influences.

My flight today (flying now actually, just passing over POVEL) takes me from Luton (EGGW) to Poznan (EPPO), obviously in a Wizz Air IAE.  Sounds are great, the aircraft systems and how it responds just has a feel to it I can't really explain that easily.  Other addon's are a bit too, clean, this feels like it's real, and it's never quite the same every time you get in, I think that is what's missing in today's flight simulator add-ons.

I've got so much to learn and it's great.  I've had some teething troubles I've been working through, no issues with the Airbus, more about understanding how to correctly configure controls etc.  Had a hell of a game with the Tiller, but reading forum posts and the guides that's now working well (I just want to fix sensitivities there now).  My next task is to fix my throttles so it's easier to get into Climb, etc.  Again all in the documentation so please don't try to help here, I'm doing ok so far with the information I have :)

Finally, your licensing approach I also think is great, very fair and may make others reconsider their approach as well.  Also, and I know we're not supposed to talk about price but I'd like to put in my 2 pence on this.  Personally, and at the risk of being unpopular, I think this is exceptional value at $99.99.  In fact I'd go as far as to say it would be good value at a price significantly higher (especially given the license approach you've taken).

Well done to you, and Lefteris, and everyone else who has worked on this.  It's a 'game changer', and sets a standard hard to follow.

Regards
Craig Read

• Like 2
David Murden

Andrew,

I am waiting for the P3d version but coming from someone who is waiting, here are my first  impression  from someone who likes nothing more than flying PMDG NG-777.

After watching the Airline2Sim youtube vid's and Matt Davies ones, the best one by far was the one you were in. To hear your inputs and the work that has gone into it was a great insight, thank you.

The conclusion after watching all of the above was that it seems you have set a new level,  you sort of had to given that after the 6 years you made us wait lol.

So now am even more feed up with the wait lol, but joking aside.

Your work comes across as a mild stone in flight simming. That's my first impression without even getting my hands on it.

Bob Lyddy
16 hours ago, Nikola16789 said:

Installing binaries *.net framework cannot be installed :angry: > google for .net installation.

Loaded FSX - *AOCService error* :angry: > googled for solution. Cannot be repaired. Never mind, I don't care the error pop-up as long as the aircraft works.

Loaded aircraft - *engines running*. Oh well, I'll just select panel state. Oops, there's no panel states delivered. :angry:

Closed FSX. *fsx in not responding* > close the program :angry: waited 30 sec for aero to restore.

Started FSX, selected trike, loaded A320 - *engines running* .S**t, I forgot to shut down the trike > close the program :angry: waited 30 sec for aero to restore.

Started FSX, selected trike, turned the damn thing off, loaded A320, checked all controls, powered up, prepared a flight, called GSX for push, *DING* "you must set parking brake". :blink: Parking brake is already set. Tried again and got *DING* "you must set parking brake" again. Then all cockpit buttons stopped responding. :angry: Killed the fsx.exe

Started FSX, selected trike, turned the damn thing off, loaded A320, checked all controls, powered up, prepared a flight, called GSX for push and it worked. Good. Lined up at runway, smooth take off, very smooth auto trim :). Reduced to CL detent and got asymmetric thrust warning, fiddled levers a little bit and resolved. Smooth manual flight to destination.

Landed > auto brakes applied, reverse thrust applied > it stopped at the middle of fairly short runway. Damn, this thing can land anywhere.

Tired to taxi, realized that I need one more hand for that task > gave up.

Closed FSX > *AOCService error*, *fsx is not responding* > killed the process. :angry:

That being said, the aircraft simulation is superb, but integration with FSX is quite unstable.

Regarding the AOC Service - there have been many posts already made about it. 

Regarding GSX - again many posts have been made about it, make sure you have the latest version of GSX installed.

18 minutes ago, Bob L said:

Regarding the AOC Service - there have been many posts already made about it. 

Regarding GSX - again many posts have been made about it, make sure you have the latest version of GSX installed.

GSX is the latest version.

AOC is fixed, but I should say nothing from FAQ and other related posts helped me to resolve the problem.

I didn't ask for help here, just shared the first impression :) Tnx for answer anyway.

Stefan Sondermann

First impression? Just only wow. A bit angry about the "2h EA" anouncement and missed out the EA by some minutes. Got more angry about the delay of some days (like a hungry dog seeing the ham) but then the little fat boy got his chocolade ice cream and was happy.

Enjoying the A320. Have flown more flights within one weekend week (I'm on holydays while my girlfriend has to work. It was this week I was flying) than with other addons. T7 is too much automated and Dash8 is a turboprop. So this product is very entertaining! Great job guy's! Currently flying from pacific area back to europe.

Positive things I figured out and not seen in other addons:

1. Engine sound setting is tuned by the A320-X.

2. Impressive Sound! Open the windows and feel the blower or fan brake! I even put them on before approaching ramp area so the carbon dust didn't get to the ground persons.

3. Impressive Sound again! Even the air vent when blower is off is simulated!

4. First product I'm aware of which advices DX10 mode. Bought steve's fixer just because of this.

5. Have I mentioned the impressive sound you hear during ground inspection? Bought DBS walk and follow just because of the bus!

6. Impressive textures. It's like in real. You look to the engines and feel the need for the screwdriver to open those oil refill doors.

7. The arinc!!! Thats the FIRST addon using a avionic bus system instead of a simple if-then logic for the systems for an A320! Thanks guy's.

Bad bug's I found so far (read it with a smile :P ):

- Toilett is missing

- fwd cabin is missing

- coffeemaker is missing

- pretty stewardess are missing to give coffee (Thanks Andrea Buono for pointing out this missing "item")

I really like it!

• Like 2