[RESOLVED] Graphics issues on laptop with gfx card using shared memory

Klearchos Terpos

Klearchos Terpos

Hello, on my first flight from lfbo to lgav, I fixed any issue I had by searching at the forums but the weird colouring of my nd when I switch terrain or weather radar on. Here`s a pic  http://prntscr.com/caajtl

I don`t think posting my fp and other data will help anywhere, however I m delighted to provide them in case they are needed. My weather engine is FSGRW

Karl Brooker

Our weather radar only works with Active Sky at the moment. Have you had to install something for FSGRW (I'm not familiar with the product)?

Markus Burkhard

Clark,

this is VERY strange indeed, I've never seen this ND drawing errors during testing. No the terrain display does NOT need any weather tool. It is not a radar, just a database being displayed on the ND.

So since this appears to be a drawing error, can you give us your system specs and OS information?

Klearchos Terpos
17 minutes ago, Markus said:

Clark,

this is VERY strange indeed, I've never seen this ND drawing errors during testing. No the terrain display does NOT need any weather tool. It is not a radar, just a database being displayed on the ND.

So since this appears to be a drawing error, can you give us your system specs and OS information?

I5 2,8GHZ 6gb ram nvidia geforce 540m, win7 32bit 

Klearchos Terpos

Still nothing...I don't want to sound mean or rude and I understand that you guys have many issues to deal with, but hey, the terrain radar was within the price.... Thanks for the understanding and I m looking forward to a solution.

Klearchos Terpos
1 hour ago, Lauri Sivuoja said:

Have you tried reinstalling (not just by uninstalling but also deleting any FSLabs A320 folders that have been left behind)? 

Just reinstalling, I ll completely uninstall the airbus and install the new version and then see what happens

Klearchos Terpos
7 hours ago, Lauri Sivuoja said:

Sorry, I completely forgot the topic (got hundreds of here to monitor), my bad! 

I will check the files out in couple mins and get back to you. :) 

1 hour ago, Lauri Sivuoja said:

Could you provide your system specs (OS, CPU, GPU, RAM..). Also, could you try updating your graphics card? 

( sorry for double quote, weird stuff with my phone) 

If you scroll up in the thread you can find my specs and yes, I have the latest drivers.

Klearchos Terpos

You know, I have noticed that it displays black pixels as white and also observed that as the terrain radar scans, if I adjust the brightness of the radar some areas that have not been scanned yet, colours are displayed  correctly for a few moments until the radar rescans.

Klearchos Terpos
1 hour ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Clark, 

Apologies if I missed this but did it scan correctly when your FSX cfg had been rebuilt?

Nope....Deleted my cfg and tried but nothing

Ok so probably indicates that this isn't an FSX issue that's been caused by a setting but rather a hardware/graphical/drawing issue.

Not been mentioned yet - an FSX or FSX SE user? Assuming if its FSX you've got SP1 and SP2 installed?

Klearchos Terpos
1 hour ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Ok so probably indicates that this isn't an FSX issue that's been caused by a setting but rather a hardware/graphical/drawing issue.

Not been mentioned yet - an FSX or FSX SE user? Assuming if its FSX you've got SP1 and SP2 installed?

Yup, sp1 and sp2 installed?

Klearchos Terpos
16 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

you've not answered. is it FSX or FSX SE (different products), FSX SE doesnt need the service packs where as FSX Does

Oh sorry, I thought se has no spacks. I own only FSX on which I have installed both sp's

GT 540M (I guess this is a laptop) would not be great. Have you tried (is there a setting) for extending the usable RAM?

For any FS,I would not dream of using less than a GTX card.

Klearchos Terpos
43 minutes ago, Jude said:

GT 540M (I guess this is a laptop) would not be great. Have you tried (is there a setting) for extending the usable RAM?

For any FS,I would not dream of using less than a GTX card.

Yes but I have great performance with any addon. I have extended my usable vas, will you think extending usable ram will help it? I am not fond of the idea changing this kind of stuff however if this is the solution I could do it. 

Lefteris Kalamaras

3GB of VAS is not going to cut it. We already specify that the minimum specification is much higher than what you have on your computer... we are sorry, but your computer is simply not capable of running the product.

Klearchos Terpos

Yes, but it still runs it without 4096 clouds but still I get performance and visuals which satisfy me. This thread has been expanded to the ram and vas of my system rather than a terrain radar miscolouring. I do not think this has to do with my system specs as I am not complaining about performance. If the support team can not find a solution and it is because of my ram than ok, I accept it and I will try and solve the issue on my own.

Klearchos Terpos

Is it at least possible to tell me the code that matches the black background colour on pfd and nd so I can try replacing it with the terrain radar black colour on the .ini?

Klearchos Terpos

Alright, I suppose I ll stay with a terrain radar that cannot read black colour because of the 500mb vas left. Thanks everyone for their time and thank you also Lefteris for clarifying,