Lefteris Kalamaras

A320-X FAQ

Lefteris Kalamaras

Installer Issues

Q: My installer is crashing as soon as I enter my order ID and serial number.

A: Check your BIOS settings if you have Secure Boot Policy activated and disable it (read this topic). Then open a Command Prompt as Administrator, run the following command and then reboot your computer. Things should move forward from there.

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Q: I am trying to install the Resources for FSX but the installer is not finding my FSX Steam - it's all greyed out.

A: If you had FSX Legacy (SP2/XPack) installed in the past, then had gone through some uninstallations and installations of FSX Steam, it's possible your registry has left-over data. Open the registry editor and look for this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0\AppPath

If the entry does not correspond with your existing FSX Steam installation folder, please rename "AppPath" to "AppPath_old" and try the A320-X installation again.

Q: I am trying to install the A320-X Binaries (FSX or P3D) but I am getting a "General Failure" error.

A: First ensure you are running the installer *as ADMINISTRATOR*. If that's the case, try the following:

1. Check that your DNS name servers are set to 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 (Google's public name servers) like this:

x8pQnTXga7LtQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Q: I am trying to install the Binaries but I am getting a "Runtime Error (at NNN:NNN):" error.

runtimeError.JPG

A: Please uninstall the VC++ 2012 and VC++ 2013 Redistributables as they are older, and install them fresh from Microsoft's downloads area. If you need help with this, please let us know.

Crash / CTD issues

Q: My A320-X loads with black / blank screens and I see no gear in the external model.

A: If this is a first-time Prepar3D installation, ensure you have installed SimConnect redistributables as well.

A: Check that there is no simconnect.cfg anywhere in the "My Documents" folder configured to only use SimConnect remotely.

A: If you are loading Active Sky from a networked computer (such as a laptop), check that it has SimConnect RTM, SP1 and SP2 installed as well.

Q: The simulator (FSX or P3D) crashes before I have a chance to select any aircraft.

A: Read the FSL Spotlights FAQ in case you are missing some of the steps there.

Q: FSX crashes or hangs soon after loading the A320-X.

A: Make sure you have applied the UIAutomationCore.dll fix (installed in the root FSX Directory)

Q: The sim (FSX or P3D) crashes or hangs soon after loading the A320-X.

A: If you have ASUS Sonic Studio installed, disable or uninstall it as it causes crashes with various applications.

A: If you have MSI Nahimic installed, disable or uninstall it as it causes crashes with various applications.

Q: I'm getting activation DLL errors.

A: Exclude the FSX folder and sub-folders from being scanned within your anti-virus software.

Q: I have just installed the A320-X, but when I try to load it for a flight, it crashes the sim (FSX or P3D).

A: Try the following steps:

1. Uninstall it and delete any remaining folders (FSLabs/A320 and the three FSL aircraft folders in <SimRoot>\Simobjects\Airplanes.
  2. Delete the Flightsimlabs folder from c:\users\<yourname>\appData\local.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Disable your antivirus temporarily.
  5. Install the A320-X.
  6. Exclude the following two folders from your antivirus checks:
    1. c:\users\<yourname>\appData\local\FlightSimLabs
    2. <SimRoot>\Simobjects\Airplanes\FSL_A32X

Q: I get "Validation Error 1002: Problem with Serial Number validation" and then the Sim closes.

A: You need to uninstall and reinstall the A320-X trying the following installation steps:

1. Uninstall it and delete any remaining folders (FSLabs/A320 and the three FSL aircraft folders in <SimRoot>\Simobjects\Airplanes.
  3. Reboot.
  5. Install the A320-X.
    2. <SimRoot>\Simobjects\Airplanes\FSL_A32X

Q: I get an error message about "Internal protection error" and the sim closes.

A: Are you running FSX in windowed mode with [GRAPHICS] ForceWindowedVsync = 1? Are you restarting dwm.exe after FSX starts so that the tweak works? Wait to do the dwm.exe restart until after the A320-X is fully loaded and this problem will not happen.

A: Is this in Prepar3D? Have you tried the solution posted in this thread?

1. Make sure P3D is not running
  2. Locate the folder: C:\Users\<YOUR USER>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
  3. Copy the file 'dll.xml' to your Desktop folder as a backup (optional)
  4. Open the file with a text editor and find the following entry:
     <Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>
    And change the line
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    to
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
  5. Save it.
  6. If you open FTX Central the entry will be reactivated! So you have to do these steps again. (Maybe the entry could be also in the dll.xml under C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3, not sure)

Q: I get a crash in my Prepar3D simulator with ucrtbase.dll indicated as the place of crash in event viewer.

A: Does your computer have at least one audio device present? Computers without an audio device will not be able to run the A320-X properly.

Q: I get "Validation Error 1098: Version Mismatch" and then the Sim closes.

error1098.png

A: Please set your Windows System Locale to English (US) and then restart the computer.

Q: I get Validation Error 812 (or 1044) and then the Sim closes.

A: First ensure you are running the sim *as ADMINISTRATOR*. If that's the case, try the following steps:

3. Reboot.
  5. Install the A320-X.
    2. <FSX>\Simobjects\Airplanes\FSL_A32X
  7. Check that your DNS name servers are set to 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 (Google's public name servers) like this:

x8pQnTXga7LtQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Q: I am getting the "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on): Name FSLSounds.dll (or FSLOptions.dll or FSLSpotlights.dll): Do you want to run this software (not recommended)? Then, even if I click Yes, Flight Simulator crashes.

A: This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Flight Simulator and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for fsx.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Then, restart FSX - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your FSX is running as Administrator.

A: The simulator requires at least one sound device to function properly. Computers with no audio devices will not be able to work with the A320-X.

Q: Prepar3D crashes and the Event Viewer suggests a crash in FSLSounds.dll.

A: This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Prepar3D and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for Prepar3d.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Then, restart the sim - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your sim is marked and running with "Run as Administrator".

A: The simulator requires at least one sound device to function properly. Computers with no audio devices will not be able to work with the A320-X.

Q : AOCService.Exe crashes when I open the A320X

A : Make sure you have Microsofts Net Framework version 4.6.1 installed and Windows Management Framework 4. 

Net Framework 4.6.1 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982

Windows Management Framework 4 (Choose the version that's relevant to your Operating System - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40855

Q: I am unable to Print the PFPX Flightplan to the MCDU, and I have PFPX on a different PC from my simulator.

A:  The printers added by the AOCService are using printToPDF driver,  which ( blame MS for that ) are NOT network shared.  So PFPX will NOT able to "see" the FSX PC.   PFPX MUST be installed on the SAME PC as the simulator to use the 'printing' function.

You can still print the flightplan to a pdf file and then manually copy and paste it into the appropriate Uplink folder.

ALSO - you MUST run the simulator with Administrator rights AND be logged into your PC with Administrator rights.
Also - make sure to allow the AOCservice access through the firewall.

Q: When using LBs for fuel in PFPX it causes to the wrong fuel load to be in the FMGC.

A:  You must export the PFPX flightplan using KGs.

Q : Flight Sim crashes when going from internal to external view and I run FS Sound Stream.

A : Update to the latest FS SoundStream version - they fixed their bug.

Sim usability

Q : I cannot release the Parking Brake when I press my pedals (or the keyboard mapped function).

A : This is how the real thing works.

Q: the standard FSX push-back. Our is not an immediate stop once Ctrl-P has been pressed.

A: This is due to the correct ground friction model - once the FSX pushback "let's go", the aircraft still has some momentum and will not stop immediately like it would with stock aircraft.

Q: I cannot see the navigation lights.

A: If you're using FSX in DX10 mode with Steve's DX10 fixer, scan and convert Lights/Effects again.

Q: I am using FSX in DX10 mode with Steve's DX10 fixer. I installed a new livery and I am seeing strange texture effects.

A: Scan and convert Lights/Effects again in Steve's DX10 fixer application.

Q. I have Advanced Animations set in FSX or P3D and have FSUIPC but I cannot get the nose gear to turn left/right in the external view.

A. in FSUIPC you must setup an axis via the Axis Assignment tab and select the radio button 'Send to FS as normal axis' and select 'Steering Set' from the drop down

Q. Unable to install the A320X and receive this error:

post-2035-0-83155000-1412642040_thumb.jp

A. Microsoft's Update Service on the PC is not up to date and is set to not update. To correct, update the Microsoft (MS) Update Service, run MS Update, install any updates, then install the A320X

Q : I have Steve's DX10 Fixer installed but I don't see shadows in the VC.

A : Try adding "ForceVCShadowMap=1" in the [DISPLAY] section of your fsx.cfg

Q. When switching to the external view/model the textures take a few seconds to show/fill in, why?

A. It is an FSX engine & highly detailed textures issue which are not related to the FSLabs A320X.

Q: My A320-X flood lights only work in 2D panels, but I don't see anything in the Virtual Cockpit.

A: 1. Have you downloaded and installed the latest FSL Spotlights from the Flight Sim Labs Downloads area? 2. If yes, have you tried deleting your Shader Cache?

Q: Can FSUIPC be used with the FSLabs A320-X?

A: Yes, without any problems. Simply set all slopes to 0 when assigning and calibrating your joystick axes.

Q: Some keys are not working when I set the MCDU to capture keyboard input.

A: Check that none of those keys are used in your sim controls or FSUIPC. Also check if any other addon is using those keys.

Q: I am using ASN Weather with the A320-X and I am getting erratic turbulence behavior.

A: Set these options in ASN:

1. Turbulence Scale 30
  2. Maximum Downdraft Rate 0
  3. Maximum Updraft / Thermal Rate 0

Q: I am using AS16 Weather with the A320-X and I am getting erratic turbulence behavior.

A: Set these options in AS16:

1. Maximum Cloud Turbulence Scale 20
  2. Maximum Wind Turbulence Scale 20
  3. Turbulence Scale Effect 10

Q: I am using ProATC/X and my ailerons / spoiler go to full deflection - the aircraft is uncontrollable!

A: Pro-Atc/X Options, In-Flight, Uncheck the Always serve Autopilot and Only set Autopilot heading when holding.

Q: How do I auto-hide the mouse cursor in the VC? (FPS gain)

A: Use this AutoHideMouseCursor free program.

Q: I have an ASUS Xonar DG Audio card and I am hearing quite a few sound artifacts (e.g. when flaps are moving)

A: Our support team has also noticed this. The workaround was to remove the sound card from the system and use on-board sound as this card has quite a few problems with FSX.

Q: Rudder and NWS steering are not working and I either have separate rudder pedals or a tiller axis assigned to my joystick

1) "I only have rudder pedals - I cannot assign any separate joystick axis for steering tiller"

This should be the majority of simmers - they only have a rudder axis (either on their joystick or through their rudder pedals) so they have assigned that to control rudders in their sim.

In this scenario, which will also be default, the simmer has MCDU -> OPTIONS -> RIGHT ARROW (second page) -> CONTROLS -> RUDDER PEDALS set as "PEDALS CONTROL NWS = ON". With this setting, the rudder pedals ordinarily and normally control the rudder the same way we're used to in the simulator. They also control NWS but their effect is tiny (as in the real A320: +/- 6 degrees turn). However, when, and for as long as the PEDAL DISC key is kept depressed with the "comma" key (which can be reassigned through the Add-Ons - FSLabs - Keyboard Commands menu), the rudder pedals stop controlling the rudder axis and instead become the steering tiller (this can be seen in the VC, where the tiller should turn).

2) "I have rudder pedals and I can assign a separate steering tiller axis through FSUIPC"

This example is for simmers who own separate rudder pedals but can also assign a different joystick axis (in my case, the Logitech Extreme Pro axis) through FSUIPC to "Steering Set" functionality.

In this scenario, the simmer has to switch the MCDU -> OPTIONS -> RIGHT ARROW (second page) -> CONTROLS -> RUDDER PEDALS setting to "PEDALS CONTROL NWS = OFF". That way, the rudder pedals go back to only controlling the rudder axis, as in the real aircraft and the separate steering tiller joystick axis is responsible for controlling the nose wheel steering. PEDAL DISC activity (that "comma" key action) functions as per the real aircraft, i.e. when kept depressed, the rudder pedals disengage from that +/- 6 degree NWS control and only control the rudder itself.

Q: My rudder is not showing any movement on the SD F/CTL page nor in external model and I have the steering tiller set via FSUIPC.  Once I move the tiller a tiny bit then all is ok.

1. It's a known FS/FSUIPC bug. It does this with other add-ons as well (PMDG, iFly, ... ). 
Once Steering set assigned via FSUIPC you need to move the tiller first before being able to move rudder.

Q: My Tiller set via FSUIPC operates rudder as well.

A. The FSUIPC setting is "Steering Set", in "Send to FS as normal Axis", it's not a typo. Do NOT use "Steering Tiller" and "Send direct FSUIPC calibration" thinking we made a typo...

Q: The sim crashes upon launching with FSL Spotlights installed.  My OS = Win7 SP1

A. Right click on the file - dxgi.dll and if it is OLDER than this version - 6.2.9200.16492 13-Jan-2013, then you need to apply the Win7 SP1  Platform Update, which can be found at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Q: I cannot see any Terrain on ND, even though I have the TERR ON ND button pushed.  My OS = Win7 SP1

A. Right click on the file - dxgi.dll and if it is OLDER than this version - 6.2.9200.16492 13-Jan-2013, then you need to apply the Win7 SP1  Platform Update, which can be found at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Q: In P3D (NOT FSX or FSX-SE), there is a lag in response when clicking any of the buttons in the MCDU, why is that?

A: This is due to an issue in the core LM P3D system and not the FSL A320X code.   We've mentioned this issue many times to LM and we request our customers to inform LM as well.

Q: How do I print the Fplan from PFPX in WIN10?  It used to work but now I have set C&D the printer doesn't show.

A: Make sure and use the batteries or connect to ground power.

Q: I own FSDreamteam KMEM and having a hard taxiing with the A320X.

A: You need to disable "Gear Bump" via the FSDreamteam in-game menu - with the CTRL+F12 and de-select the "Gear Bump" option.

Q: I'm unable to control pitch trim, even though I have a mapped key/button to control the trim.

A: Make sure in the REALISM section of the FSX.CFG file the AUTOTRIM setting is set to FALSE.

Q: I'm using DX9 in Full Screen mode and having issues when loading the A320X.  I see the db loading dialog boxes but then I see a black screen and eventually the A320X loads in Window Mode.

A: This is a feature and once the A320X loads switch the sim back to full screen mode, or prior to loading the A320X switch the sim to window mode and then once the A320X has been loaded switch the sim back to full screen mode.

Q: I am seeing a grayed-out ISIS in the VC. It works fine in the 2D (if installed).

A: Please disable or uninstall VRS Superbug and/or VRS TacPack.

Q: I'm using FSDreamteam GSX and sporadically I cannot hear the passenger loading sounds while in the Wing View.  Is this an issue with the A320X?

A: No, this is an issue with GSX.

Q: I'm using the keyboard "." key (or Joystick button) for braking and it is extremely sensitive.  Any way to make it more gradual in braking?

A.  We coded it such that braking action is gradual when keeping the key down "a little bit" at first "a second or so" and then letting go.

There are a few .ini entries that you can play with in <FSX>\FSLabs\A320\Data\InputControlDeltas.ini:

IF YOU ARE FEELING BOLD and up for this, we also added some .ini settings that you may tweak, in <FSX root>\FSLabs\A320\Data\InputControlDeltas.ini, at the bottom where it says

"// These are used for keyboard '.' action or joystick brake button - they have no effect on brake pedal axes".

Brake = 0.05 means each new push of the "." key is an additional 5% more braking action added to previously applied action

The "Brake" entry is the main factor point. It is added each update cycle that the brake key (or joystick button) is kept down - at 18Hz updates.

This means that every 1/18th of a second that the brake joystick button (or "." key) is down, the brake percentage applied rises by 5% to eventually reach max braking power (which currently will happen in 18 cycles, or 0.055 * 18 = 0.99 seconds). That's why you see it takes longer to reach anything stronger in braking action.

You can experiment with the Brake percentage to see what fits your needs - however, I need to discuss the next items first:

There are two methods for decaying brake action (or else, the brakes would never be decayed): Using a BrakeDecayFactor or using a BrakeReduction percentage.

The current release uses the latter (BrakePctReduction) which means that each cycle update that finds the Brakes having any non zero value will produce a reduction in the current brake percentage equal to BrakePctReduction * Brake - for example, if Brakes were at 0.5 (50%), they would get a reduction of 0.025.

The BrakeDecayFactor will calculate the percentage to be reduced based on the update cycle dt (usually 0.055 seconds), as a factor multiplied with that number - i.e. current brake percentage - (0.5 * 0.055).

If this needs further clarification, please let us know and we'll try to accommodate!

Q.  I have a 3 or more monitor setup using a Matrox video card and when loading the A320-X in full screen mode the screens are black.

A. The solution is to end every process which is run by Matrox (the software the 3 monitors use) especially any Matrox Powerdesk processes (usually 3-5 of them).   

Q.  Is FS Passenger add-on software compatible with the A320-X?

A. No.

Aircraft usability

the FSL A320-X is modeled on the EIS2 systems which are very different from the EIS1 in systems and looks (example - EIS1 has rounded CRT DUs where EIS2 are square LCD's).

ATA22 - AUTO FLIGHT

Q: Which version of the FMGS is modeled?

A: Thales FMGS Rev2+ software revision S4. 

Q: My Radios do not autotune (ILS on approach, for example).

A: Ensure your FSX Nav database is up to date. Use Herve Sors Navaids Update Program, which updates all the navaids in FSX/P3D to the latest ARINC cycle.

Q: I get "GPS PRIMARY LOST" when on takeoff or approach

A: Ensure your FSX Nav database is up to date. Use Herve Sors Navaids Update Program, which updates all the navaids in FSX/P3D to the latest ARINC cycle.

Q. After switching the NAV DBs on the MCDU AC Status page all of my stored pilot entered data has been deleted.

A. this is how it works on the real A320.

Q: How do I perform an A/THR instinctive disconnect?

A: Use "Shift-R" to disconnect the auto thrust.

Q: My aircraft cannot hold altitudes, I hear the altitude alert buzzer sound every time.

A: Check that your REALISM settings in FSX.cfg do not incude AUTO TRIM set to TRUE. It has to be set to FALSE, or this problem will occur all the time.

ATA26 - FIRE PROTECTION

Q: The Engine Fire push buttons don't shut the engines down immediately.

A: Correct - CFM engines need ~43 seconds and IAE ~70-75 seconds due to remaining fuel in the pipes.

ATA28 - FUEL

Q: Why does the fuel level decrease by 300Kgs when fuel is transfered from outer to inner wing tanks?

A: This is as per real-world. The quantities should come back some time after transfer is complete.

Q: The fuel panel was loaded correctly in my browser but I cannot activate the system and/or I cannot defuel the aircraft.

A: The aircraft engines need to be OFF. For defueling, the fuel pumps need to be ON and XFEED needs to be OPEN.

ATA29 - HYDRAULIC POWER

Q: Unable to stow the RAT. Why?

A: You must be on ground with the blue hydraulic system pressurized.

ATA31 - INDICATING / RECORDING SYSTEMS

Q. Why am I getting an ECAM message 'ADR 1+2 FAULT' when I load either FSX Real time weather or ASN (and baro pressure changed by 2 or more mb's). AFTER either loading the A320-X with its engines already running or after starting the engines.

A. This is not a bug and is real A320 behavior. Per the manuals - "if barometric conditions change more than 2mb from pre-engine start to after, you need to go back and power down." Once the aircraft gets into phase 3 everything will be OK.

Q: The "FUEL LO PR" ECAM warning is being generated when starting an engine from C&D state and the Center fuel tank level is 0, and my ADIRS (setting in MCDU OPTIONS page) is set to ALIGN is less than 5 minutes.

A: You cannot start an engine within 5 mins of loading the aircraft from a C&D in the real aircraft without getting this warning. If loading a C&D state wait more than 5mins before starting an engine or set the ADIRS Alignment time to be more than 5 mins.

Q: The top of the ND is not displaying the runway number with the selected approach type, it only shows RNAV.

A: The specific aircraft MSN we modeled does not display runway numbers - that modification came in later MSNs.

Q: Which version of the FWC is modeled?

A: FWC Standard H2F3P.

ATA34 - NAVIGATION

Q: ADIRS alignment shows 7 minutes, then briefly displays an amber ADIRS message.

A: This is normal behavior if you've changed the default 600 second alignment time for ADIRUs in the OPTIONS - ADIRS page.

ATA73 - FADEC

Q: Using P3D, my Fuel Flow shows zero when moving the thrust levers?

A: Change your Input Method for your controller to DirectInput. This is done on your Settings - Controls - Other dialog:

IMG_02022017_120135.png

ATA80 - ENGINE STARTING

Q: The IAE V2500 engines take too long to start - why?

A: They take exactly the right time as per real world - IAE engine startup includes a required dry-cranking period, which is longer if EGT > 250C.

Q: I cannot start the engines. Start Valve remains closed.

A: Ensure that ADIRS 1 + 2 are in NAV.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Guest Paul Smith

Q: Where are the PFPX Profiles?

You will find them in this thread here. Look for posts by Philippe Gleize.

George Marinakis

If you experience large or misaligned characters on any of the A320-X's displays,  this is almost always the result of a larger than default font size setting in Windows.  To correct the issue, select the default size (100%) by going to Control Panel > Display in Windows.

• Like 1

Lefteris Kalamaras

Edited to add information about MSI Nahimic software causing crashes.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Edited to add information about simconnect.cfg incorrect configurations causing black screens / no gear showing (improper loading).

Lefteris Kalamaras

Edited to add information about "Validation Error 1098".

Lefteris Kalamaras

Edited to add information about ISIS greyed out because of VRS Superbug and/or TacPack being installed.