[Resolved] Stuck on FSX splash screen

Tim Vancauwenbergh

Tim Vancauwenbergh

Hi all

Yesterday I have bought the A320X for FSX. I installed it according to the instructions mentioned here: 

Afterwards I installed the FSlabs spotlights. Then I tried to start FSX. After a few minuted I get the Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on): FSLSpotlights.dll . 

I click yes but then FSX gets stuck loading on the splash screen. Today I have been waiting for 2 hours but still FSX does not start. I have tried DX10 and DX9 but no luck on starting up FSX. Also not after re-installing all this according to the guide. 

Tim Vancauwenbergh

None of these solutions did work. Still stuck on startup. I Have FSX Boxed and NO sweetFX or Tackpack installed. Win 10 64bit 8GB RAM i5 4690 3.5GHz GTX970 4GB

Ayush Roy

As Lefteris said:

" This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Flight Simulator and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for fsx.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Then, restart FSX - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your FSX is running as Administrator. "

I had the same problem with FSLSpotlights.dll but this worked for me.

Tim Vancauwenbergh
On 30-8-2016 at 10:53 AM, TheBusFlyer said:

As Lefteris said:

" This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Flight Simulator and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for fsx.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Then, restart FSX - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your FSX is running as Administrator. "

I had the same problem with FSLSpotlights.dll but this worked for me.

Message is gone but FSX still fails to start up

Tim Vancauwenbergh
2 minutes ago, Lauri Sivuoja said:

Are you running FSX as Administrator? If that doesn't help, please copy the crash log from the event viewer.

Yep running it in Administrator and compatibility mode Windows XP service pack 2. The problem is that FSX does not crash. It just hangs forever so I dont have a crash so I cannot copy a crash log from the event viewer. I will try a FSX repair maybe there is something else interferring the add-on.

peter kelberg

ok maybe  this  is  the issue  since you installed  a320  or  in fact  any other addon it  will ask you  to click yes or  no  the  trust  the module   sometimes  this  box  is  hidden  behind or  in the  task bar  if  you don't  click yes  or  no  fsx  will not  start at all

Tim Vancauwenbergh
8 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

ok maybe  this  is  the issue  since you installed  a320  or  in fact  any other addon it  will ask you  to click yes or  no  the  trust  the module   sometimes  this  box  is  hidden  behind or  in the  task bar  if  you don't  click yes  or  no  fsx  will not  start at all

Nope I clicked Yes

Try running FSX in the normal mode (not compatibility) and see if that helps :)!

Does not have an effect unfortunately so changed it back to admin.

Tim Vancauwenbergh
6 minutes ago, TheBusFlyer said:

Uninstall Spotlights and run the sim as an administrator. Does it work?

It does work yes, but now when I have selected the A320CFM after putting the default trike on an airport I just get a black screen in FSX.

Tim Vancauwenbergh
4 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Compatibility mode with XP? Why do you need to do this? It's most likely your problem...

Well I have read that before that that would be the most stable mode to run FSX in. When I had WIN7 it was the only way FSX worked. But I will turn it off. I think it was for the Aerosoft Airbus.

Tim Vancauwenbergh
17 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Please report back when you remove it - it should work OK.

I have removed it, FSX started succesfully. I chose the trike and put it at a gate. Then opened the airplane menu and ticked the FSLA320CFM. Still stuck loading the plane

peter kelberg

Lefteris I would  imagine  he  has  loaded  the trike at  the airport and  than went  to the menu on top selected  the  a320   to load   and  than   it  fails  to load  where  you get   the  rotating   cursor. Maybe  the op  should  try  to load  the a320  from within  the splash screen   as  I do   since  havnt  had  any issues  doing  it  this  way

• Like 1
Tim Vancauwenbergh
On 2-9-2016 at 9:40 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Well, I'd rather not "imagine" what he's doing, but let him tell us instead :D.

Pete was right ;) Now with a clean FSX installation the problem occurs again. Starting FSX and it hangs at the splash screen. When turning off FSUIPC everything works again.Quite strange.

Mykel Talab
11 minutes ago, keukenrol said:

Pete was right ;) Now with a clean FSX installation the problem occurs again. Starting FSX and it hangs at the splash screen. When turning off FSUIPC everything works again.Quite strange.

You mention turning off FSUIPC. Have you tried updating or reinstalling FSUIPC? Just a thought as the other day I had an issue while loading up fsx and now it's ok. 

Tim Vancauwenbergh
1 hour ago, MicTango04 said:

You mention turning off FSUIPC. Have you tried updating or reinstalling FSUIPC? Just a thought as the other day I had an issue while loading up fsx and now it's ok. 

Yes already tried re-installing.

Tim Vancauwenbergh
10 hours ago, DescendDescend said:

Not sure that reinstalling removes FSUIPC Config. Remove it from the modules folder temporarily and let it build a new one. (Config as in .ini)

I did but still having the issue. Did a clean FSX, FSLabs A320X and FSUIPC installation in a new directory directly under c:\ I deleted all previously existing folders.

EDIT: Looks like FSUIPC is the culprit here, he does not really like the FSLspotlights DLL

• 1 month later...
Tim Vancauwenbergh

Okay i found out that disabling MSI gaming app solved the problem!