Sign in to follow this  
Craig Read

[Answered] - A320X License Upgrade Path Clarification Request

Craig Read

Firstly, I'm not expecting an answer now but I'd like to pose these questions so you can consider providing some answers to us as it will make a difference on how some (including me) go about buying the A320X.  I am aware of a number of posts on the subject of licensing and costs and I'm just trying to understand costs / license model.  As I understand it the following has been said:

1 - There will be an FSX upgrade to P3D price, and it will be a "straight difference" between the FSX and P3D variants i.e. $99.99 for FSX, $Y for P3D, upgrade cost = $Y - $99.99

2 - Upgrade from P3D standard to P3D profession has not yet been determined.

Points of clarity for me would be:

1 - Is my assertion in (1) above correct?

2 - If the FSX version is purchased, will the P3D upgrade be released at the same time as the P3D stand alone version?

3 - If the upgrade to P3D is purchased, does the user have licenses for both P3D and FSX variants simultaneously?  Or does the buyer have to relinquish their FSX license and then get a P3D license?  Only licensed to use either the P3D or FSX version at any one time?

4 - Will there be options to upgrade from the standard offering for P3D to the Professional Variant?  Will this be a standard fixed price as per assertion (1)?

Essentially I'd like to get my hands on this and fly it, I've been very impressed so far, but without clarity on the question above it's really hard for me to make an informed decision in terms of buying choice e.g. will I end up paying twice because I dived in early? Is there a more optimal way to purchase once all the products are available etc?  Will it make no difference in terms of outlay but give me the chance to enjoy the product early and get to grips with it before my preferential option of P3D is available?  I would note that It is somewhat attractive to have the FSX and P3D license options (as I have with other products I own) and this is even if the costs are a little higher, knowing concretely the upgrade path (even if the pricing isn't there yet) will help a lot.  I have searched for this information but not found it, I apologise if I've missed anything.

Another note, I won't get into a debate on the merits and preference of other users on your choice, I am just interested to know the appoach you'll take and I can decide myself what works for me :)

Regards

Craig Read

Philipp Schwaegerl

Would be very nice to know, yes. ^_^

Lefteris Kalamaras

16 minutes ago, Craig Read said:

Points of clarity for me would be:

1 - Is my assertion in (1) above correct?

2 - If the FSX version is purchased, will the P3D upgrade be released at the same time as the P3D stand alone version?

3 - If the upgrade to P3D is purchased, does the user have licenses for both P3D and FSX variants simultaneously?  Or does the buyer have to relinquish their FSX license and then get a P3D license?  Only licensed to use either the P3D or FSX version at any one time?

4 - Will there be options to upgrade from the standard offering for P3D to the Professional Variant?  Will this be a standard fixed price as per assertion (1)?

Essentially I'd like to get my hands on this and fly it, I've been very impressed so far, but without clarity on the question above it's really hard for me to make an informed decision in terms of buying choice e.g. will I end up paying twice because I dived in early? Is there a more optimal way to purchase once all the products are available etc?  Will it make no difference in terms of outlay but give me the chance to enjoy the product early and get to grips with it before my preferential option of P3D is available?  I would note that It is somewhat attractive to have the FSX and P3D license options (as I have with other products I own) and this is even if the costs are a little higher, knowing concretely the upgrade path (even if the pricing isn't there yet) will help a lot.  I have searched for this information but not found it, I apologise if I've missed anything.

Another note, I won't get into a debate on the merits and preference of other users on your choice, I am just interested to know the appoach you'll take and I can decide myself what works for me :)

Regards

Craig Read

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. No relinquishing whatsoever. You'll own both licenses.

4. Undetermined at this point.

We invite everyone to get the FSX version now - you'll be able to get the equivalent P3D version for a straight up upgrade once it's out and you'll have both licenses then.

Did I answer your points?

• Like 7

Nuno M Pinto
3 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

We invite everyone to get the FSX version now - you'll be able to get the equivalent P3D version for a straight up upgrade once it's out and you'll have both licenses then.

It doesn't get much fairer than this.

Jose Luis

Nice Post!!! Now It's clear like blue sky.B)

Now with this information I can buy FSX version and when P3D version out I'll buy a upgrade to P3D.

(P3D upgrade cost = P3D version $Y - FSX version $99.99)

Thanks,

Jose Luis

O_l_i_v_e_rM_a_e_r_t_e_n_s

The discussion in a different forum comes to my mind, where people have been discussing whether it's fair, when P3D user pay higher prices than FSX users. From Lefteris' post I gather that FSL doesn't actually charge higher prices for P3D - they sell an additional license for a fraction of the cost of the first license.   B)

BTW, the A320 installed into both of my FSX's (MS and SE) simultaneously without any ado.   :)

Craig Read

Lefteris,

Yes you answered all my questions, that's perfect.  I'll be purchasing this evening now, I imagine now this has been firmly clarified a few others will be buying as well :)

Regards

Craig Read

Dangermouse86

Can you just confirm that the price will remain the same for a while as I have to wait until pay day to afford it?

Camille MOUCHEL
11 minutes ago, olli4740 said:

The discussion in a different forum comes to my mind, where people have been discussing whether it's fair, when P3D user pay higher prices than FSX users. From Lefteris' post I gather that FSL doesn't actually charge higher prices for P3D - they sell an additional license for a fraction of the cost of the first license.   B)

BTW, the A320 installed into both of my FSX's (MS and SE) simultaneously without any ado.   :)

I don't undertand what you mean

O_l_i_v_e_rM_a_e_r_t_e_n_s
4 minutes ago, Cmbaviator said:

I don't undertand what you mean

You buy the FSX version and have one license.

At a later stage you pay the P3D upgrade price and now have a FSX version *AND* a P3D version.

That's at least how I read:

2 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

We invite everyone to get the FSX version now - you'll be able to get the equivalent P3D version for a straight up upgrade once it's out and you'll have both licenses then.Did I answer your Points?

Camille MOUCHEL
1 minute ago, olli4740 said:

You buy the FSX version and have one license.

At a later stage you pay the P3D upgrade price and now have a FSX version *AND* a P3D version.

That's at least how I read:

You read correclty, i've just understood the part in bold ^^

alexandros

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask a question regarding to the FSL A320 P3D upgrade.If we get the FSX version will we need to pay a small amount of money to get it for the p3d or will it be a free upgrade?

Thanks in advance

L-a_u_r^i S-i_v*u-o-j^a

The upgrade price will be the difference between FSX and P3D prices :).

John Barnes

Please read the forum. It has been mentioned so many times. It will cost the price difference to access the P3d version.

Camille MOUCHEL

lol, this is the 1e99 topic bout that matter

Craig Read
On 25/08/2016 at 3:01 PM, alexandros said:

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask a question regarding to the FSL A320 P3D upgrade.If we get the FSX version will we need to pay a small amount of money to get it for the p3d or will it be a free upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Lefteris has already answered your question, please read the original post.  Prices are not confirmed, but the upgrade path is.

I suggest you re-read the original post carefully.

Regards

Craig

Jude Bradley

Thanks so much for this A320. I've had to dust off my brain to get used to FSX again after P3D. finally got some decent fps and antialiasing settings with DX10 fixer.

Luckily, these were all in my virtual hanger gathering dust. Thanks again for producing this. It's been a long hard road. I wish you the best of luck ahead.

Sign in to follow this