Pedro Cabrita

How to solve Blurry cockpit issues

Camille MOUCHEL
2 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear:

My system:  i7 quad core processor, Nvidia GTX 460 GPU 1 GB, 8 GB RAM. 

I download/purchased/installed FSL A320-X for my FSX. The cockpit appearance is not sharp. Moreover the plane bumps sometimes during flight. I can't use increased simulation rate.  Please excuse my ignorance regarding Nvidia Inspector and DX10. What is dx10.nip and dx10.dfp? Where is DX10 controller located? I don't have DX10 Steve's Fixer.

I use PMDG all products, Majestic Dash 8 q400 Pro, A2A, Aerosoft Airbus X, for them no such issues. Kindly help me.

Best regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

may i suggest you to watch mat Davies videos :

2 hours ago, haseen said:

• Like 1

John Burke

Thanks for all the great tips. I just switched over to DX10 with Steve's Fixer and made the adjustments. Overall, things look good and the sim is performing even better than before. Odd though, some random textures are blurry. The external model looks great and most of the VC but then things like the flap speed limit placard, some of the circuit breakers and other random areas are pretty blurry. 

I also ran into an issue with the NVIDIA profile inspector where I got an application exception error when trying to load the dx10.nip profile. I'm wondering if the blurry textures and the inability to fully load the profile are connected. Any ideas? 

L-a_u_r^i S-i_v*u-o-j^a

Try anisotropic texture filtering. Also checn that you have the correct resolution selected inside FSX.

Regarding inspector: are you selecting microsoft flight simulator 10 first from the menu before loading the profile?

Haseen Ahmad

Dear:

Seeing the fsx tweak video, I went to FSX Display Settings, made frame rate unlimited, selected Filtering Trilinear, anti-aliasing on, global texture resolution- reduced a bit, selected preview Direct X10, then FS X said to restart to take effect. I tried to do that. Then it said "A fatal error has occurred, windows is checking for problem". FSX do not run any more! Please help.

L-a_u_r^i S-i_v*u-o-j^a

Do you have DX10 Scenery Fixer installed? If not, I don't recommend using DX10 as the built in preview is quite buggy. To disable DX10 inside FSX without opening the program, open fsx.cfg and below Graphics change D3D10=1 to D3D10=0

Haseen Ahmad

Dear Lauri:

Many thanks for your prompt reply. By editing fsx.cfg, as you said, I can now start FSX. 

No. I don't have DX10 Scenery Fixer.

My system:  i7 quad core processor, Nvidia GTX 460 GPU 1 GB, 8 GB RAM. 

I download/purchased/installed FSL A320-X for my FSX. The cockpit appearance is not sharp. Moreover the plane bumps sometimes during flight. I can't use increased simulation rate.  Please excuse my ignorance regarding Nvidia Inspector and DX10. What is dx10.nip and dx10.dfp? Where is DX10 controller located? I don't have DX10 Steve's Fixer.

I use PMDG all products, Majestic Dash 8 q400 Pro, A2A, Aerosoft Airbus X, for them no such issues. Kindly help me.

Best regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Ayush Roy

Good evening Lauri, 

Thanks for your dx10.nip profile. I installed DX10 fixer, installed libraries and finally your profile. Everything went well. I then downloaded Nvidia Inspector from this website: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html - Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.6 (Author). 

After running Nvidia Inspector as an administrator, I searched for Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 but did not find it (I only had MS Flight Simulator X). I tried to load profile in MS Flight Simulator X but I got an error message saying that an exception error had occurred in my application. DRS_CreateApplication failed: NVAPI_EXECUTABLE_ALREADY_IN_USE. I pressed CONTINUE but nothing happened. 

I then installed Nvidia Inspector from this website: http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche338154-nvidia-inspector.html                                                                                                   This time I had Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 but just below it, on the green bar, nothing was displayed (as what I understood with Matt Davies' video, it displays applications which will be affected if we change anything). That green bar was empty and no application was displayed. I then went to MS flight Simulator X (again). With this one, I had ace.exe and fsx.exe on the green bar. I tried to load profile but still got the same error message. 

Would you have a solution to my problem? Or could you please post a screenshot of your settings so that I insert them manually?

However, passing to DX10 with your profile in DX10 Scenery fixer has improved a bit the blurry textures. 

Thanks a lot!

John Burke
4 minutes ago, TheBusFlyer said:

Good evening Lauri, 

Thanks for your dx10.nip profile. I installed DX10 fixer, installed libraries and finally your profile. Everything went well. I then downloaded Nvidia Inspector from this website: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html - Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.6 (Author). 

After running Nvidia Inspector as an administrator, I searched for Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 but did not find it (I only had MS Flight Simulator X. I tried to load profile in MS Flight Simulator X but I got an error message saying that an exception error had occurred in my application. DRS_CreateApplication failed: NVAPI_EXECUTABLE_ALREADY_IN_USE. I pressed CONTINUE but nothing happened. 

I then installed Nvidia Inspector from this website: http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche338154-nvidia-inspector.html                                                                                                   This time I had Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 but just below it, on the green bar, nothing was displayed (as what I understood with Matt Davies' video, it displays applications which will be affected if we change anything). That green bar was empty and no application was displayed. I then went to MS flight Simulator X (again). With this one, I had ace.fsx and fsx.exe on the green bar. I tried to load profile but still got the same error message. 

Would you have a solution to my problem? Or could you please post a screenshot of your settings so that I insert them manually?

However, passing to DX10 with your profile in DX10 Scenery fixer has improved a bit the blurry textures. 

Thanks a lot!

That's exactly what I'm experiencing too. 

Alfredo Terrero
31 minutes ago, skyguy266 said:

That's exactly what I'm experiencing too. 

To solve this, do the following. Open the .nip file with notepad or another text editor. Then, change everything in between

<ProfileName></ProfileName> to be the name of the profile. So, if it is Microsoft Flight Simulator X, change it to Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if it is Microsoft Flight Simulator 10, change it to that. Safe the file and then try to import it again. It should then import and say profile successfully imported. 

• Like 1

Ayush Roy

Thanks a lot kjjj11223344,

Will try what you said! ;)

Hope it will also work for skyguy266.

John Burke
42 minutes ago, TheBusFlyer said:

Thanks a lot kjjj11223344,

Will try what you said! ;)

Hope it will also work for skyguy266.

Thanks! I did something a little different. I unassigned FSX.exe and ACE.exe from the Flight Simulator X profile and added them to the Flight Simulator 10 profile. Then I was able to import the .nip without any trouble/error. 

Still seeing some oddball blurry textures but nothing crazy. Mainly just some speed placards and the glareshield area above the PFD where the caution lights are is a bit blurry too. 

Ayush Roy
1 minute ago, skyguy266 said:

Thanks! I did something a little different. I unassigned FSX.exe and ACE.exe from the Flight Simulator X profile and added them to the Flight Simulator 10 profile. Then I was able to import the .nip without any trouble/error. 

Still seeing some oddball blurry textures but nothing crazy. Mainly just some speed placards and the glareshield area above the PFD where the caution lights are is a bit blurry too. 

Awesome!

How did you assign ace.exe and fsx.exe to Microsoft Flight Simulator 10?

Thanks

John Burke

Weird. Updating to .173 fixed all my blurry texture issues. Not sure if the new selection of texture quality had anything to do with it. But whatever fixed it, very happy! 

John Burke
On August 26, 2016 at 1:35 PM, TheBusFlyer said:

Awesome!

How did you assign ace.exe and fsx.exe to Microsoft Flight Simulator 10?

Thanks

Up at the top, just to the left of the Import Profile icon, there's two icons - one with a green + and one with a red -. Use the "-" to unelected the .exes from the FSX Profile and then use the "+" icon to add them to the FS 10 profile. 

Gerald Krutsch

Hello guys,

first of all I must say: This is a hell of a plane. The sounds, the looks, the feel..makes you think it is the real thing. I simply love it.
To my question or problem as I might say.
- my specs are in the signature.
- my Game: FSX SE in DX9 mode / all the tweaks mentioned here are in my .cfg / all the FSX settings checked (up to the DX10 thingy) 
- FS Labs A320x installed with 2048 textures.
I have the same cockpit issues! After the installation there was NO WAY you could fly this plane. Most of the cockpit buttons (mainly upper buttons on the radio stack) and none of the displays were even close to readable. It was not blurry, but all in "stairs" (like no AA at all). All other ACFTS are perfect (737NGX, AS A320-321, ...).
This is the first time I had to use nVidia inspector. Well, it did applied some AA and it is better now but you still have problems reading the stuff in the cockpit (you must realy zoom in to have a perfect readable information). The inspector settings even blurred the FSX menu. Looks like you have to apply a LOT of AA smoothening which turns clear (but staired) lines, in blurry but straight lines.
Could this be because of the DX9 game mode? Do I need to switch to DX10?
I have a lot of stuff that are not DX10 compatible (WoAI / Airports / ...) and my system is running well with DX9. I'm afraid that DX10 settings might screw sometthing up.

Thanks a lot!

Paolobasta

Hi i was wondering what nvidia driver version is the right or the best one to use with

fsl A320 thanks.

Joshua Scott

Outstanding fix... even managed to improve the FPS by 8 for some reason xD cheers guys

Gerald Krutsch

I had to revert the DX9 inspector settings to default because of the blurrynes explained above. I now fly with undocked FD on takeoff and landing and zoom in a lot to the buttons of the middle console to read them.

Maybe you guys can post some pictures of your VC from the pilot view to compare them with mine (this will help me to identify if my rig is messed up).

Ayush Roy

Hello everyone,

Here is all information regarding my current configuration: http://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c04865800

I have tried using DX10 Fixer (Lauri's profile) with Nvidia Inspector (Lauri's profile) but my cockpit is still a bit blurry:

2016-10-12_21-8-45-128.BMP

2016-10-12_21-9-1-742.BMP

2016-10-12_21-9-5-950.BMP

My FSX SE settings are not very high. Here is my fsx.cfg: CFG.txt (I copied entire fsx.cfg, just not the 'trusted' part as it was very long! I have of course trusted all FSL dlls).

Would you have any solution for me?

Thanks!

L-a_u_r^i S-i_v*u-o-j^a

That's because you have texture max load 512 in fsx.cfg. Put that to 1024 or 2048 (depending what texture set you have installed) and restart sim :).

Ayush Roy

Thanks Lauri, will try that!

Unfortunately, when I do that, my ground textures don't load (that's why I reduced settings)...any idea? Keeping them on High loads all my ground textures (Orbx) properly. Should I reduce scenery complexity or autogen?

L-a_u_r^i S-i_v*u-o-j^a

It's hard to say what combination will work, so you just have to play with the settings a little bit to see what works.

Gerald Krutsch
On 12.10.2016 at 10:33 PM, TheBusFlyer said:

Hello everyone,

Here is all information regarding my current configuration: http://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c04865800

I have tried using DX10 Fixer (Lauri's profile) with Nvidia Inspector (Lauri's profile) but my cockpit is still a bit blurry:

2016-10-12_21-8-45-128.BMP

2016-10-12_21-9-1-742.BMP

2016-10-12_21-9-5-950.BMP

My FSX SE settings are not very high. Here is my fsx.cfg: CFG.txt (I copied entire fsx.cfg, just not the 'trusted' part as it was very long! I have of course trusted all FSL dlls).

Would you have any solution for me?

Thanks!

Well I must say that my cockpit looks (in some ways), way better then yours. At that zoom level, my cockpit is perfect. For example your SPEED LIMITS (under LA-BS Label) are unreadable. Mine are quite good even with a much lover zoom level. I think this is related to the "Max Texture Load" as Lauri suggested.

On the other hand, your lines that form the border around the buttons, are very smooth and straight. This is, IMO, related to the AA setting of the inspector.

Here are my cokpit pictures (DX9!! without the DX9 inspector settings, EZCA zoom level of 0.4). I tried to get the same pictures compared to the AS Airbus.

Points to look for are:

FD/ND clarity e.g. GPS PRIMARY LOST Text

ECAM upper and lower and the ECAM buttons.

Lauri is it possible to share your photos also? Shall I send you my CFG files?

Thank you!

1-1FSL.BMP

1-2AS.BMP

2-1FSL.BMP

2-2AS.BMP

3-1FSL.BMP

3-2AS.BMP

4-1FSL.BMP

4-2AS.BMP

Ayush Roy
31 minutes ago, Gerald Krutsch said:

Well I must say that my cockpit looks (in some ways), way better then yours. At that zoom level, my cockpit is perfect. For example your SPEED LIMITS (under LA-BS Label) are unreadable. Mine are quite good even with a much lover zoom level. I think this is related to the "Max Texture Load" as Lauri suggested.

On the other hand, your lines that form the border around the buttons, are very smooth and straight. This is, IMO, related to the AA setting of the inspector.

Here are my cokpit pictures (DX9!! without the DX9 inspector settings, EZCA zoom level of 0.4). I tried to get the same pictures compared to the AS Airbus.

Points to look for are:

FD/ND clarity e.g. GPS PRIMARY LOST Text

ECAM upper and lower and the ECAM buttons.

Lauri is it possible to share your photos also? Shall I send you my CFG files?

Thank you!

1-1FSL.BMP

1-2AS.BMP

2-1FSL.BMP

2-2AS.BMP

3-1FSL.BMP

3-2AS.BMP

4-1FSL.BMP

4-2AS.BMP

Hey Gerald!

Thanks for your feedback :) My cockpit looks perfect now as I increased Texture Max Load. My cockpit looks exactly like the one in Airline2Sim. However, I had this texture loading problem with my Texture Max Load set to Very High...but reducing texture resolution solved this problem too!

I am now able to fly in a perfect looking cockpit with ground textures loading (of course, it doesn't look as good as before but I prefer to have a perfect looking cockpit and a good looking ground than extremely detailed ground with a blurry cockpit!). At FL360, I don't even notice the difference with my previous texture resolution settings ;)

Gerald Krutsch

That sound realy great.

Can you post some screen shots similar to mine? That will be higly appreciated by my side.

Ayush Roy
1 hour ago, Gerald Krutsch said:

That sound realy great.

Can you post some screen shots similar to mine? That will be higly appreciated by my side.

Roger! Currently flying between Biarritz and Orly, will post photos on the forums in the coming hours.

Ayush Roy

Sorry for the delay!

20 hours ago, Gerald Krutsch said:

That sound realy great.

2016-10-15_14-0-52-784.BMP

2016-10-15_14-1-21-902.BMP

2016-10-15_14-1-29-966.BMP

2016-10-15_14-2-20-774.BMP

2016-10-15_14-5-40-707.BMP

Ground textures look with FSL at cruise:

2016-10-15_14-2-51-326.BMP

• Like 1

Gerald Krutsch

Wow...that looks amazing! +1 from me and thank you!

I still can't figure it out why my cockpit looks like it looks, mainly unreadable. All other ACFT's look ok. Maybe someone can tell if it's realy the DX9 thinghy that messes all up (talking to the DEV's here). Since I plan to make the switch to P3D, I do not want to spent more money on the DX10fixer.

Does anybody else use FSX SE in DX9 mode and has time to put up some pictures?

Thanks.

Gerald Krutsch

Ummmm...not quite true Yolo. If you read my post from 29.08 you will see that I applied all the proposed settings (except DX10) and even loaded the DX9 nip (inspector) profile (NOT DX10!). Also if you have a look to the comparison photo's I posted, you will see that other planes look perfect.

Regards from lake Constance :)

Gerald Krutsch

Hello guys, sorry to put this thing back up since it this the only thing that makes me hold this beautiful ACFT in the hangar.

I've just read the latest review from here: http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-airbus-a320x-by-flightsimlabs-for-fsx-r3825

I spotted some of the inside pictures that I think, provide the same "stair" effect I have:

Have a look at the TO CONFIG or BLEED button on this pic: 023.jpg

This picture was taken with a Zoom of 1.0 and I find the buttons hard to read.

Also this picture is taken with a Zoom of 2.0:

027.jpg

It is almost impossible to read some of the text.

Is there any way to overcome these issues?

Thank you.

Kamel Dherif

Hey Gerald,

It seems like an AA issue. I did experience this with DX10 fixer but I have an AMD R9 390. I've tried tenths of configurations but I did get the best results with DX9 together with my CCC profile. Like I said with GTX it might be easier I guess.

Gerald Krutsch

Just to be clear: the above pictures are from the review (but they look exactly the same as mine).

Gerald Krutsch

Ok. I somehow "fixed" mine as follows:

1. nVidia driver 375.95

2. inspector 1.9.7.3

and

3. This guide from avsim (followed by the line): http://www.avsim.com/files/file/41-basic-fsx-configuration-guide/

The "stairs" are all gone, the writing is much more readable but some of the display graphics (lines on ND or FD) are a little washed out but way better then it was before. I didn't had the chance to fly with these settings much but they seem kind of a FPS killer...(will try to keep you guys updated).

PS: Unfortunately I'm kind of sad that even after the issue has been identified also on other 5* reviews (see picture above), none of the FSL team tried to make a statement related to it.

Adek

Hello guys,

I just downloaded this A320 and I experienced some display problems. 

I saw some print screens and  I can see that you don't have such problems as I have.

Below You can see some of my print screens where you can easily find what is the problem.

I have i7, GTX980 TI, 16 RAM, 4K Iiyama monitor.

Do you have any idea how rectifies those problems?

No DME on ND, guess what V1 is on PFD, no ALT settings in Virtual cockpit (I had to look at PFD),

Why speed change on des mode, wth constant CI15??? 

IMG_4324.JPG

IMG_4323.JPG

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

Søren Dissing

From the FAQ ...

Adek

Hi SierraDelta,

Thanks a lot for qucik answer.

I will look again thru FAQs, I havent founded this before:(

Do you have any idea concerns my other questions?

I  mean no ALT display on FCU or speed chcange during descent? 

Best regards!!!

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Adek said:

Do you have any idea concerns my other questions?

I  mean no ALT display on FCU or speed chcange during descent? 

Best regards!!!

Change the font scaling first :)