Painters, Unite!

Jordan Chin

Finally have access to the A320-X paintkit and got 10 mins of work in for the VA. Anyone else working on repaints for the A320-X?2016-8-19_0-5-42-724.png

• Like 6

Would somebody mind having a go at creating this Livery please?

The Inter European Airways A320 G-IEAF as featured in the ITVV Video..

Thanks in advance!..

Airbus_A320-231,_Inter_European_Airways_JP5964216.jpg

• Like 1

@ayster That's the next one I'll be working on if no else finishes before I do.

4 hours ago, Jordan Chin said:

@ayster That's the next one I'll be working on if no else finishes before I do.

Excellent, thanks Jordan :)

John Tavendale

I'm looking forward to digging in. I'm just adding some stuff to the master textures and waiting to get my hands on her.

14 minutes ago, Tavers said:

I'm looking forward to digging in. I'm just adding some stuff to the master textures and waiting to get my hands on her.

Yeah, I don't think anybody down-under got there hands on this !  I hope they release soon  (I am in CHCH NZ)

Cheers

Simon

John Tavendale
1 hour ago, Simon Ward said:

Yeah, I don't think anybody down-under got there hands on this !  I hope they release soon  (I am in CHCH NZ)

Cheers

Simon

A friend of mine did, but he was awake all night for it! ha ha.

Hopefully it won't be too long. If Steam could have a sale on FSX:SE it'd be good too!

I'm pretty much done with both liveries. I'll post screenshots a little later when I get a few more things aligned properly. I'm really making this post to notify @Margarita Fiotaki that v1.0.1 of the paintkit has a few issues, specifically with the weathering layer. There's a rectangular section missing on the left front fuselage section. The bottom section of the weathering is also cut off, I'm guessing that's a texture mapping issue?

• Like 1

@Margarita Fiotaki I managed to fix the weathered layer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g3je6s0h7kseso/A320-X Weathered Layer.rar?dl=0
There were some blank/missing sections on that layer. Just replace with the one in v1.0.1

I notice there's a line coming down the end of fuselage_master_001_t that's present in ALL liveries available. Here's screenshot of what I mean:
2016-8-21_3-14-41-530.png

5 hours ago, Jordan Chin said:

@Margarita Fiotaki I managed to fix the weathered layer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g3je6s0h7kseso/A320-X Weathered Layer.rar?dl=0
There were some blank/missing sections on that layer. Just replace with the one in v1.0.1

I notice there's a line coming down the end of fuselage_master_001_t that's present in ALL liveries avaialable. Here's screenshot of what I mean:
2016-8-21_3-14-41-530.png

Good eyes.

I had to start over the Inter European livery because my flash drive with the PSD got corrupted. Here's how far I am now:

IEA.png

Quick question, did the older buses have taller emergency windows? I had to make them longer to match the real thing.

• Like 1

I had to start over the Inter European livery because my flash drive with the PSD got corrupted. Here's how far I am now:

IEA.png

Quick question, did the older buses have taller emergency windows? I had to make them longer to match the real thing.

Looking great so far, thanks Jordan

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Steve Drabek
On 8/19/2016 at 10:21 PM, Tavers said:

Great to see you throwing your pallet and brushes at this one John!

I may paint a few as well if I decide to buy her.  Not sure how I'm going to resist since I fly the A320 all the time on our local discount airline here in Dallas:

FSL Spirit 1.jpg

The paintkit looks really straightforward and if she turns out to be easy to paint I'll cover the Spirit liveries I've flown on (not sure I'll do the old silver one as she's generally getting replaced by the banana and skittles liveries)

Anyway....I'll leave my hometown major airline (American of course) for you...as you've already done her justice on the Boeing's we're flying from the other development team. ;) 

Hmmm....I wonder if FSL would offer a discount to painters who churn out a few liveries they haven't covered?  Of course subject to passing a subjective quality check by them 1st. :P

Regards,

Steve Dra

Margarita Fiotaki

I managed to fix the weathered layer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g3je6s0h7kseso/A320-X Weathered Layer.rar?dl=0

@Jordan Chin Glad to see you're getting familiar with our paintkit!  The weathering layer is there (in the paintkit's individual files) for you to fill however you wish.  There are no missing sections.  If you do not find dirt/weather on some places is because the default one is relatively clean.  Feel free to use the one you recommend in your repaints.  We'll keep our paintkit clean for now :)

• Like 1

@ayster Final testing to ensure everything's aligned properly. Will be up later today.

Untitled.png

• Like 1
Steve Drabek
45 minutes ago, ProfessorMadman said:

Just finished up a machine belonging to SAA :)  She's in the download section.

ZS-SXJ-4.png

Looks great....with yellow attachment points! :)

I'll fly her when I'm lucky enough to buy the bird.

Regards,

Steve Dra

• Like 1
Daniel Du Preez

Next inbound for our friends down in New Zealand, ZK-OAB in the blackest of black :)  The fern will take a while to get 100% right so bear with me.

vIp00kl.png

• Like 6
Manuel Schlachter

Great liveries guys! Will download asap. Would anyone be interested in making an Eurowings livery? That would be so awesome. :o

On 8/26/2016 at 8:30 AM, manuel108 said:

Great liveries guys! Will download asap. Would anyone be interested in making an Eurowings livery? That would be so awesome. :o

I would do it, but they seem to only have sharks in their fleet.

Steve Drabek
4 hours ago, Tavers said:

So, I've been working on adding some details.. slow work in progress.

Looking good John!

Hehe....shoulda checked here before I poked fun at you in the other thread.  Can't wait to fly a TAVERS A320 paint...Austrian to boot!.

Wow...Thinking waaaay back....Austrian was my very 1st paint on the SGA MD80...was it really 13 years ago?  My word we've been doing this a long time mate! :)

Regards,

Steve Dra

John Tavendale
1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Looking good John!

Hehe....shoulda checked here before I poked fun at you in the other thread.  Can't wait to fly a TAVERS A320 paint...Austrian to boot!.

Wow...Thinking waaaay back....Austrian was my very 1st paint on the SGA MD80...was it really 13 years ago?  My word we've been doing this a long time mate! :)

Regards,

Steve Dra

Did you just? haha I didn't see it (yet..)

Ignore the tail, it's not a sign! Though I probably will do an AUA one at some point.

We have been doing this a fair while!

Nicolas Nycz
1 hour ago, Der Flieger said:

Speaking of Austrian Airlines...may I just pop in and suggest this beauty? ;)

oe-lbp-austrian-airlines-airbus-a320-214

I will do it definitely, as I see her every day! 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
Michael Phillips

hello all am just wondering does anyone have any blank Metallic cuts as i dunno how to cut the master file  am not a painter  its the Green looking files in the paintkit 

cheers

Michael

Marvin Toepfer
22 hours ago, Michael Phillips said:

hello all am just wondering does anyone have any blank Metallic cuts as i dunno how to cut the master file  am not a painter  its the Green looking files in the paintkit 

cheers

Michael

its in FSLabs A32X - Texture :)