PFPX Profiles

Philippe Gleize

Philippe Gleize

Hi,

I sent them to Christian Grill tonight so that they are embedded in future PFPX versions.

Please find them enclosed in this post.

To install them:

1/ Copy files into C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes

2/ Create aircrafts you need by selecting for IAE: A320-232 as type with IAEV2527-A5 FADEC SCN 17 as engines or for CFM: A320-214 as type and CFM56-5B4 /SAC P as engines

Have nice flights !

EDIT 08/21/16: 

- V2 of the profiles available. Several typos corrected in descent blocks. 

- V3 of the profiles available, #REF! removed... Previously updated profiles are replaced with newer version. Please download, replace existing profiles and create new aircrafts so PFPX takes the fix.

FSL A320-214 CFM56-5B4 SAC P.txt

FSL A320-232 IAEV2527A5 SCN17.txt

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Philippe Gleize

• Camille MOUCHEL

• Zeljko Budovic

• C_r_i_s_t_i_a_nR_u_d_n_i_k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, I sent them to Christian Grill tonight so that they are embedded in future PFPX versions. Plea

Yeah unfortunately TOPCAT is not as open as PFPX so not much things to share here. Regarding these PFPX profiles, keep in mind they give "best

Updated profiles uploaded in the top thread. Please get and replace your previous aicraft.

Posted Images

Philippe Gleize

Updated profiles uploaded in the top thread. Please get and replace your previous aicraft.

• Like 2
B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

Bonjour Philippe,

I must be doing something wrong, I copied the files to the AircraftTypes folder, but when creating an Aircraft in PFPX, I dont see the FSL entry in the Type pulldown in PFPX. I can see the original A320-214. Any idea? 

thank you!

Bruno

Philippe Gleize

Hi !

It's by selecting the exact engine version as given in point /2 above that you pick up the FSL profile.

best regards

• Like 1
Aurelien Vandoorine
12 minutes ago, mike10 said:

hi,   can anything be done to add the IAE engine a320 to topcat?

Just follow the instructions above :) Download the IAE text file, place it in topcat AircraftType folder, then create a new aircraft with the slection of Type Airbus A320-232 and then in Engines IAE V2527-A5 FADEC SCN17

Then create a flight plan using this new aircraft :) I've had no issue on my side

Michael Avallone

this works in topcat? are you sure? your able to get derates for takeoff?

As far as I know there is no way to add aircraft to topcat, I already have both files given working in pfpx

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

thank you Philippe, I am not sure what happened but it is working now in PFPX (I swear I wasn't drinking to celebrate the release yesterday :) )

Bruno

• Like 1
Philippe Gleize

Yeah unfortunately TOPCAT is not as open as PFPX so not much things to share here.

Regarding these PFPX profiles, keep in mind they give "best efficiency" fuel figures in term of operations. I mean it's really really difficult to beat them except if you get lucky with unexpected tail wind. It's kinda little fun challenge to perform the flight within schedule and fuel budget. To help I can recommend to turn off packs at T/O and do some single engine taxi (provided you got enough time to warm the secondly started engine before T/O).

Have fun !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Camille MOUCHEL

I use these profile ans the integrated topcat module in PFPX ( provided you have installed TOPCAT) and use the A320-214 profile for topcat; it gives me the Flex temp, the config and V speeds.

how ever I noticed that these PFPX profile gives too optimistic initial FL, like 3000-4000 fts higher than the optimum CRZ alt.

for exemple for LFRB-LFKJ ( 1h40 flight) it gave me a initla FL of 390 which is the Rec max of the A320, the OPT alt calculated by the FMGC was FL360.

then I did the Airline2sim flight : PFPX gave me an initial alt of FL200, the TOD was like 5-10 Nm after TOC. so I set FL160 and it was better. I've set a CI of 15 in PFPX

Thomas Antonovich

Thanks Philippe! I just bought PFPX, not sure how I lived without it all these years now... 

Philippe Gleize

Thanks guys. It's a pretty cool piece of software indeed ! And Kosta did really great job to establish a bridge between PFPX and our bus.

Jordan Wilson
14 minutes ago, Richard Portier said:

Hi,

Thank you very much for these files. Do you know if it possible to find also these 2 files converted in Kg ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

These profiles will work with metric and imperial measurements; simply select the desired options from the drop down menus for weights, lengths, and altitudes when adding a new aircraft using these profiles.

pfpx.jpg

Richard Portier
9 hours ago, JTWilson23 said:

These profiles will work with metric and imperial measurements; simply select the desired options from the drop down menus for weights, lengths, and altitudes when adding a new aircraft using these profiles.

pfpx.jpg

Thank you Jordan,

I selected Kg only in the Pfpx configuration Planning / Unit menu not in the aircraft himself :rolleyes:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Jonathan Fong
1 minute ago, Cmbaviator said:

@Philippe Gleize

Why can't we change the CI in the cruise, we can either select different mach number or Optimum speed

You can... Just input the CI number you want (ex. 30) and it'll accept it as CI 30.

Philippe Gleize

Oh you can enter a CI. Just type in it directly. It's only in climb and descent I couldn't find a way to enter it. So that's why I propose a list of indeces.

Camille MOUCHEL
Just now, fcisuperguy said:

You can... Just input the CI number you want (ex. 30) and it'll accept it as CI 30.

this only works for the climb and descent CI, when setting for instance 30 in the cruise menu and pressing enter, i have the warning sound of PFPX

Camille MOUCHEL
1 minute ago, Philippe Gleize said:

Oh you can enter a CI. Just type in it directly. It's only in climb and descent I couldn't find a way to enter it. So that's why I propose a list of indeces.

yeah I choose a CI of 15 for climb and descent but I don't know which option to choose for the cruise, i just want PFPX to give the optimum initial altitude based on GW and CI. using optimum speed gives me a too much optimistic crz altitude

Camille MOUCHEL

You can't enter a value for CI in crz?

Well no at least for the V1.00 version, tbh, I've tried only once and as it didn't work i didn't bother trying the next times but maybe I did something wrong. Well i'm happy if we can enter a CI for cruise. Do we have to enter like 30 and press ok or CI30 and press OK. i'll test in 10 days

Camille MOUCHEL

Write 30 that's all

ok i'll test this evening with the new profiles and report back

On 19.08.2016. at 6:27 PM, Philippe Gleize said:

Yeah unfortunately TOPCAT is not as open as PFPX so not much things to share here.

Regarding these PFPX profiles, keep in mind they give "best efficiency" fuel figures in term of operations. I mean it's really really difficult to beat them except if you get lucky with unexpected tail wind. It's kinda little fun challenge to perform the flight within schedule and fuel budget. To help I can recommend to turn off packs at T/O and do some single engine taxi (provided you got enough time to warm the secondly started engine before T/O).

Have fun !

Will you contact then Christian Grill regarding support in TOPCAT? I have been waiting for this since you announced A320.

One side question, do you have or plan to develop own take off and landing performance tool?

Thanks!

Philippe,

PFPX does handle CI for climb and descent. The A320 profiles at www.airlinerperformance.net already do this.

A good while ago I contacted Fslabs to ask if they'd like any help with PFPX files. i was politely advised that "no" you didn't need any help. If, however, you would like to discuss how to provide best featured PFPX files please feel free to contact me.

Jon

PS. Just to add - I am not speaking on behalf of nor am I a part of Flightsimsoft.

Lars Domen

Hello!

Thanks a lot for these profiles!

However, I get an error when I try to download them:
" The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. "
" Error code: 2C171/1 "

I made sure I'm logged in, tried clicking, opening in a new tab, and right clicking and 'save link as'. Nothing works.
Would love to give these a try. ;)

Lars Domen

I'm sorry for spamming this topic.
But is there an alternate way to get these profiles? A dropbox link or something like that.
I really don't feel like waiting for the next PFPX update. ;) (unless it's right around the corner)
I've tried on 3 different PCs, with different browsers. No luck.

I'm very sorry for the trouble... And my impatience...

Mykel Talab

Hi, 
Wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or just tag this along since it's along the topic of "Flight Planning" etc (PFPX). I am not an owner of PFPX, since I use Simbrief which does the job very well in parallel  with PFPX. 
Was wondering, is or would their be an option to request a down-link for a flight plan from simbrief in the future maybe? 

Many thanks

Alfredo Russo

Hi Philippe, I dont know if you configured the fuel too but if you did  I need to tell you that you dd a great job. I flew 6 flights using ur profiles and when ilanded the fuel predicted to be n bardis exactly the same with the fuel i have on board. As rules anyway i always add extra 30 minutes. But his way i really have the same ammount  just today i have 50 kgmore and it is an extraordinary result.

Compliments again.

Alfredo Russo

• Like 2
Aaron Brand

Yes Philippe, the fuel figures are generally spot on well done there.  However, PFPX usually generates a FP with a cruising altitude 2000ft higher than the optimum.  Is there anything you can do about that?  In the interim what I do is generate the FP, see what the cruise FL is and then regenerate it, telling PFPX to use a max cruise alt that is 2000 ft lower.

Aaron

-oOo-

Camille MOUCHEL
22 hours ago, BassmanFromHell said:

Yes Philippe, the fuel figures are generally spot on well done there.  However, PFPX usually generates a FP with a cruising altitude 2000ft higher than the optimum.  Is there anything you can do about that?  In the interim what I do is generate the FP, see what the cruise FL is and then regenerate it, telling PFPX to use a max cruise alt that is 2000 ft lower.

Aaron

-oOo-

I had this issue with V1 but not with V2/V3. could also be because of the wind, did you atleast enter the HD/TL wind component given by PFPX in the MCDU ?

even if you can enter the forecast wind, by entering the HD/TL wind component in the MCDU, it does take it in account for the cruise perofrmance I guess

Aaron Brand
2 minutes ago, Cmbaviator said:

I had this issue with V1 but not with V2/V3. could also be because of the wind, did you atleast enter the HD/TL wind component given by PFPX in the MCDU ?

even if you can enter the forecast wind, by entering the HD/TL wind component in the MCDU, it does take it in account for the cruise perofrmance I guess

Always do my friend.

Camille MOUCHEL
1 minute ago, BassmanFromHell said:

Always do my friend.

Strange, i've done a couple of flight since V3 and it was spot on. I guess it will be better when we can enter the wind for climb, cruise and descent

• Bob Lyddy locked this topic