Air France F-BVFB updated LIVERY

Jip van Kuijk

Jip van Kuijk

I've started making a F-BVFB paint skin for Concorde!

I noticed the skins that come with the Concorde 'out of the box' are not that good looking, and they have specular maps that are a little off (sorry to whomever made those...) and some inaccuracies when it comes to how the real air France Concordes looked.

I've updated the night textures, specular maps and alpha layers. Correctly placed anti icing devices (the black patches) and lights. Bump maps with removed bump mapping on text that is painted on the bird like the 'do not step outside this area' I highly doubt the paint would be CM's thick (like it looks with the original skin) and bump mapping that is mirrored on the right wing text where it shouldn't be mirrored of course... Etc. Etc.

In Prepar3D with HDR lighting on (set on by default) the use of night textures is not needed and a unnecessary VAS hog, I changed the way the livery works and removed the night textures which are not needed in Prepar3D resulting in lower VAS usage with my livery compared to the default liveries. I did include however a LEGACY version for people who fly Concorde X with FSX or in Prepar3D with HDR lighting disabled.

CHANGELOG SINCE V3:

EXHANGED SPECULAR MAPS
FIXED AND TWEAKED BUMP MAPS
IMPROVED LM TEXTURES (Night textures, for LEGACY version)
IMPROVED FUSELAGE TEXTURES
TEXTURE UPSCALING FROM 1024 > 2048
MADE NOSE GEAR MORE DIRTY, BETTER METAL TEXTURES.
EXCHANGED RUBBER TEXTURES TIRES (the part that hits the ground)

DOWNLOAD "F-BVFB Visual Improvement V3.0" HERE: http://jip.li/f/Air-France-F-BVFB-by-Jip-van-Kuijk-V3.zip

V3-outisde-5.jpgfront-right-at-gate.jpgDO-NOT-WALK-DO-NOT-STEP-BUMP.jpgMessages-Image1913576050.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Jip van Kuijk

A new screenshot of what the Concorde X F-BVFB looks like now, an updated series of screenshots will be posted soon with all the changes visible:

ekaqps25vbfx.jpg

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...
Jip van Kuijk

Will continue my work later this year on this livery and also a British Airways one. 

James Burke

Please continue your excellent work! I know many (most?) people fly the BA concordes, but I actually spend a lot of time in the AF version and enjoy additional liveries very much.

Keep up the good work and thanks for contributing to the community!

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
6 hours ago, jipvk said:

Will continue my work later this year on this livery and also a British Airways one. 

BA would be greatly appreciated by this user especially if you change the registration to AC. :D

• Like 1