Concorde Expansion Pack - Prototypes

Cláudio

Hi Guys!

I've bought the Concorde X and i've been thinking about it.

Why not there is the Prototypes 001 and 002 with theirs panel? They could be a Expansion Pack coming with the mission for example, to chase the Sun in a solar eclipse...

The SSTSIM, for FS2004, come with prototypes and pre-series, but with the production panel.

By the way, is there any flight plan to simulate the flight that chase the sun in a solar eclipse in 1973?

What do you think about it?

Regards.

Cláudio

500px-Eclipse73_F-WSST_001.jpg

concorde eclipse.jpg

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Claudio,

I witnessed that eclipse from the MS Monte Umbe as part of a 16-day cruise. I was 22. It remains one of the most memorable events of my life. From the ship - moored around 50nm off the coast of Mauritania - we had over 6mins of totality.

I still have the photographs I took but haven't converted them from the slides although I do have plans to do it one day.

Sadly FSX or P3D cannot simulate eclipses otherwise it would be a fascinating exercise to fly the route. This is the best site I've found and it does include the aircraft position along the eclipse path plus French commentary. http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_19730630_Concorde001.html

34 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Claudio,

I witnessed that eclipse from the MS Monte Umbe as part of a 16-day cruise. I was 22. It remains one of the most memorable events of my life. From the ship - moored around 50nm off the coast of Mauritania - we had over 6mins of totality.

I still have the photographs I took but haven't converted them from the slides although I do have plans to do it one day.

Sadly FSX or P3D cannot simulate eclipses otherwise it would be a fascinating exercise to fly the route. This is the best site I've found and it does include the aircraft position along the eclipse path plus French commentary. http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_19730630_Concorde001.html

Hi Ray! Thanks for your response!

Great vídeo web page!!!

See live that event it should have being memorable!

OK! Is not possible to reproduce the eclipse but, how about the Prototypes as an Expansion Pack? Is it possible in the future?

Cláudio

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Claudio,

Yes, very memorable. :D

Regarding the expansion packs that's something only the developers can answer but they're busy with the A320 at present.

• Like 1
Fraser Gale

In my opinion, there would only be merit in doing this idea if the flight deck (2D panel and VC) were changed to match prototype standards as well as flight model changes. I think this might be difficult to do now as the prototypes haven't flown since the 1970s and I haven't seen any performance tables or manuals for those aircraft around - they may exists but most of us use the BA or AF flying manuals. 

The prototypes were so different in all respects and couldn't even get across the Atlantic with passengers (not that they had many seats!). The intake system wasn't developed into the digital-hybrid system that was used on production models also. 

I think that FSLabs have built their reputation on creating simulations that are in depth and accurate and I personally, would like them to stay with that methodology meaning this would be like building a whole new aircraft, that I'm not convinced I would fly very often. 

I would rather they spent their time and resources on fixing the little things in the production model and improving that simulation.

I'm sure somebody might do a re-paint for the prototypes but of course the nose & visor were different along with the overall size and shape of the aircraft. 

I remember having this option in SSTSIM but I never used it as the cockpit was production standard and it didn't feel right.

Just my opinion though and I'm sure many will disagree.

• Like 2