SSTSIM Concorde - AES and WIN10 Compatibility

Cláudio

Hello Guys!

My name is Cláudio and i'm from Brazil. Sorry about my poor english.

I know that this fórum is abou FSLabs Concorde X but, i know that there is a member of the old SSTSIM forum here and for this reason i 'm writting this topic and asking for a support. Please could you help me???

1 - There is a problem with SSTSIM Concorde and AES. When i ask for push back, right after the tow car disengage, my Concorde "fly" on the ground. Is there any way to solve this? (SOLVED)

2 - I've tried to install the SSTSIM with Flight1 Wrapper in Win10, but nothing happens. Flight1 told me that ask support for SSTSIM or search on internet for any way to install it in Win10. Is there any way to solve this? I'd like to fly my Concorde in Win10 in FS2004. Because of this problem, i've downgraded my OS to Win7 Ult.

I have the FSX, and intend to buy the Concorde X but i don't want throw away my FS2004 and my add ons.

Waiting for your response.

Best regards and thanks for advance.

Cláudio

Just an update: the AES problem is solved but the Win10 compatibility remain.

Sem título 4.jpg

Ray Proudfoot

Claudio,

Support for SSTSIM ended some time ago. FS Labs only support ConcordeX now.

if you intend to buy ConcordeX now may be the time to do it. It would seem Windows10 is the problem rather than SSTSIM. Why don't you revert to XP or Windows 7?

Hello Ray and thank you for your response.

I've reverted to Win7 now but i intend to update for W10 again in the future. Isn't there any possibility to adapt SSTSIM to Win10? I think that like me, there are many simmers that use FS9 yet and wants to fly the Concorde for many years to come using FS9 and Win10.

Cláudio

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Claudio,

SSTSIM was developed using Windows XP probably over 10 years ago so to expect it to run without problem under 10 would not be realistic. If the team had unlimited time they could no doubt make it work but sadly they don't.

You don't say what your computer specs are but if it's an i7 with a decent graphics card then you can probably run ConcordeX in FSX or P3D.

You've definitely had your money's worth out of SSTSIM. Time to upgrade. :)

Hi Ray and thanks again.

It is very sad for me to know that there is no way to fly my SSTSIM in FS2004 using Win10  :(. But is OK, as you said "Time to upgrade".

Below (in the signature) there is specs of my computer. Is it enough to fly the Concorde X in FSX? By the way, is the Concorde X sold separately (FSX and P3D)?

Cláudio

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Claudio,

Firstly, your computer is more than capable of running ConcordeX in FSX. The only suggestion I would make is to consider swapping your HDD for an SSD. Loading times will be much faster.

They are two separate packages for FSX & P3D so you first need to decide which you will go for. P3D is more graphically demanding so I would suggest you stay with FSX.

Hope that helps.

Hi Ray and thank you for your support.

Here in Brazil the SSD is very expensive yet. But i 'm considering change my HD for a SSD as soon as possible.

Ok, let's go. I will continue flying my SSTSIM Concorde in Win7 for now but i'll begin to turn my attention to the FSX and Concorde X.

Cheers.

Cláudio

Ray Proudfoot

Wise decision Claudio. Pity SSDs are so expensive there. You need to find someone visiting for the Olympics who can buy one cheap in Europe or the US.

Come back here once you have X and we can help if you have any specific issues.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Dave Leesley

Claudio/Ray

I can confirm that Flight1's version does unpack and loads fine in Windows 10.

If I have read it correctly they have updated some or all of their wrappers to version 3.20, yes I too had given up hope of ever using this plane again in FS2004 and Windows 10 so was pleasantly surprised when  downloaded and  tried again on the off chance and it loaded without any hitches,